Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - Any point in going for Priority?  (Read 459 times)

• Liked: 50
FLR(M) - Any point in going for Priority?
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »
Hi there
We are about to start the FLR(M) application process. My BRP expires July 23, 2020.
We're aware that biometric centres are closed.
I know that as long as we make the application and pay the fees before expiry, we'll be fine under the new Covid rules.
We HAD hoped to get the FLR(M) in advance of travel to Canada on July 20. To that end, we had been considering Priority Processing.

I have 2 questions:
1. When we apply sometime this month, is there any point in selecting and paying for Priority processing? Or can you even select the Priority option given the biometric centres are closed now? If one could select Priority, would that put one ahead in the queue once the biometric centres open?
2. If I apply before the BRP expires but do not get renewal approval before the BRP expires due to Covid delays, and IF travel has opened up again, could I go to Canada on July 20 whilst my application is being processed - even though I might not have my new BRP in hand?

I realize there are many "ifs" in my questions, but your educated guesses are worth a lot to me!

Many thanks and stay well!

• Liked: 4985
Re: FLR(M) - Any point in going for Priority?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Someone else who applied since they shut the centres did NOT get an option for priority.  That's literally the extent of my knowledge.  This is all changing so fast. 

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
Thanks KFdancer! I will let everybody know if Priority is offered when we apply as well. I bet it will not be - as the last person reported.
Any further thoughts or guesses about my Q2?
You're right about things changing so fast.
Thanks again and stay well!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
Second part, you MUST have the BRP to re-enter the UK. You likely won’t be able to board the flight without it.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »
Thanks KFdancer! I will let everybody know if Priority is offered when we apply as well. I bet it will not be - as the last person reported.

Just for info, so you know what you are looking for:
I believe if the £800 24-hour Super Priority service IS being offered, there will be an option to purchase it at the end of the online application via the UKVI website. This is separate to the booking of the biometrics appointment, which is done via the UKVCAS website after submitting the application and paying for the visa (and priority if offered).

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 12:52:42 PM »
OK thanks very much! I will post what we find as we go through the process in the next few days...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab