Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR - spouse visa  (Read 5819 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 10:54:26 AM »
We officially had the keys to the house on 31st May 2018.

Just trying to see when’s the best time to do all this, we were supposed to be going away at the beginning of June and then the end of August so originally going to do use the super priority to make sure we had it back in time. But I’m assuming they will have a back log so may not open super priority when life resumes to “normal”

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 11:06:40 AM »
We officially had the keys to the house on 31st May 2018.

Ah, you got the keys on my birthday :P.

If you can leave it to apply until after May 31st, you could then just provide mail from June 2018 to June 2020, and therefore wouldn't need a letter from your parents, and would hopefully have enough items of mail that you wouldn't need to explain anything yourself either.

Just trying to see when’s the best time to do all this, we were supposed to be going away at the beginning of June and then the end of August so originally going to do use the super priority to make sure we had it back in time. But I’m assuming they will have a back log so may not open super priority when life resumes to “normal”

Yeah, at the moment, you cannot even book an appointment, as all the centres are closed. However, the important thing is that you get your online application submitted before his visa expires in early July.

Honestly, we really don't know how all this is going to play out - we're all having to take things one day at a time at the moment.

Were your trips in June and August going to be abroad? Because I'm not convinced any of us will be able to travel by then.

I have a trip to France booked for mid-June and one to Italy in early July, and I'm fully expecting to have to cancel both of them (even though the Italy one was already postponed from mid-May). I'm also on overseas deployment right now and was due to fly back to the UK in 2.5 weeks. As of Monday, I'm now not coming home until June (my replacement was due to arrive today but we just found out his tour has been cancelled) and I may not make it back in time for my trips, even if they do go ahead.

I think all you can do is apply at the time you feel is best for you, in terms of your documents meeting the requirements and then just play it by ear in regards to appointments.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Both trips were abroad, I’m pretty certain June will be cancelled but hoping for August! As everyone needs a summer break! It’s very strange times at the moment! Hopefully you will be back to the UK soon, and everything goes to plan one way or another.

Once I have all the documents in line, if I list everything would you be happy to check everything is there  :)

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
Both trips were abroad, I’m pretty certain June will be cancelled but hoping for August! As everyone needs a summer break! It’s very strange times at the moment! Hopefully you will be back to the UK soon, and everything goes to plan one way or another.

Yeah, very strange times. I'll be honest, and maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I'm not expecting to be able to travel abroad for at least 6 months. I also have a trip booked to Italy in December and I'm not even confident that will happen.

Once I have all the documents in line, if I list everything would you be happy to check everything is there  :)

Of course - we encourage everyone to post a list of everything they are including so we can make sure nothing is missing :).

Also, it's helpful for us if you can keep all your questions about your application in one thread. That way, all the information is in one place, on the same page, and we can easily scroll up to check your situation and what advice you have already been given, so that we don't contradict ourselves or repeat advice/ask things that have been already clarified. It can be tempting to make a new threads for each question so more people will see it, but that just makes it harder for us to give you accurate advice (I check every new post anyway, regardless of which thread it's in).

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 11:39:17 AM »
Thank you so much for all your help so far!  It’s really appreciated! And gives me a huge ease of mind! I can at least start looking for documents whilst at home during this period. Hopefully you’ll be back in the UK soon! And a holiday at some point this year! (Italy is my favourite place) Stay safe and well  :)

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
Yeah, very strange times. I'll be honest, and maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I'm not expecting to be able to travel abroad for at least 6 months. I also have a trip booked to Italy in December and I'm not even confident that will happen.

Of course - we encourage everyone to post a list of everything they are including so we can make sure nothing is missing :).

Also, it's helpful for us if you can keep all your questions about your application in one thread. That way, all the information is in one place, on the same page, and we can easily scroll up to check your situation and what advice you have already been given, so that we don't contradict ourselves or repeat advice/ask things that have been already clarified. It can be tempting to make a new threads for each question so more people will see it, but that just makes it harder for us to give you accurate advice (I check every new post anyway, regardless of which thread it's in).

Morning,

I’m back again. We are looking to submit the online application form at the beginning of May.

Does this mean that the letter from my employer and my 6 months bank statement and payslips would be needed from this time period when it comes to submitting the documents?

Thanks

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 10:45:55 AM »
Does this mean that the letter from my employer and my 6 months bank statement and payslips would be needed from this time period when it comes to submitting the documents?

The latest payslip, bank statement and the employer letter must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application.

So, for example, if you are submitting the online application on 2nd May, your latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter must be dated on or after 4th April, and before 2nd May.... so you would need your end of April payslip, the bank statement showing the end of April payslip deposit, and the employer letter dated no earlier than April 4th (it may need to confirm the authenticity of the April payslip though).

Using the end of April payslip as the end of your 6 months, the 6 months you will need to cover are: end of October to end of April, so you will need the following payslips and bank statements:
1. October
2. November
3. December
4. January
5. February
6, March
7. April

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
Perfect,

So I will need to contact my employer to have all this and ready for when an appointment is made to submit the documents.

If the visa expires on the 3rd July, and it usually takes 8 weeks for a decision what would happen to employment in this time? If a decision hasn’t been received before that date?

Just starting to worry about back log and not having a new visa by the date.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 11:03:25 AM »
Perfect,

So I will need to contact my employer to have all this and ready for when an appointment is made to submit the documents.

You must have the letter ready BEFORE you submit your online application.

You may not be able to make an appointment for several weeks after you have applied online, so the date you make your appointment is irrelevant to the documents.

If the visa expires on the 3rd July, and it usually takes 8 weeks for a decision what would happen to employment in this time? If a decision hasn’t been received before that date?

Just starting to worry about back log and not having a new visa by the date.

You only have to have submitted the online application before 3rd July. The visa does not have to have been issued by that date.

The date you submit the online application is your official application date, so that is the only date that matters.

If your current visa expires before the FLR(M) visa has been issued, your immigration status will simply be extended under 3C Leave (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/3c-and-3d-leave), meaning you can continue to live and work in the UK without restriction while your visa is being processed.

So, your timeline will be:
- gather all your documents, making sure they meet the requirements and the financial documents are dated within 28 days of when you plan to apply online
- fill out the online application
- submit the online application by 3rd July
- register with the UKVCAS website
- if the biometrics centres are still closed, keep monitoring the UKVCAS website for updates
- when the centres reopen and are allowing biometrics appointments to be booked again, book your appointment... this may be several weeks after you have submitted the application, and there may be a wait of several weeks to get an appointment
- attend your appointment
- wait up to 8 weeks for the visa to be processed

So, it may be that, as an example timeline, you submit the application in May, the centres don't reopen until July, you can't get an appointment until August, and you get your visa in October.

But as long as you submit the online application before your visa expires, your immigration status won't be affected.

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »
Thank you so much! Second visa but feel lost, all the help is greatly appreciated!

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 11:55:10 AM »
Just one last thing, if super priority is wanted to be used, as everything is currently shut when do you choose this option when you book biometric appointment?

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 11:58:43 AM »
Just one last thing, if super priority is wanted to be used, as everything is currently shut when do you choose this option when you book biometric appointment?
Super Priority is chosen when you submit the online application, and is purchased separately to booking an appointment.

However, as far as I know, Super Priority is not available as an option on the online application at the moment, so you won’t be able to use that service if you apply in the coming weeks (we don’t know when it will be reinstated).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
Morning! :)

Just after some clarification...
Feeling a little anxious about all this  ???  ???

Looking to submit this month before the 28th May, I was last paid on the 30th of April so think this is correct?

We have gathered docs from
May 2018
September 2018
January 2019
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020 - nothing from this yet so hoping will have something soon.

May 2018 we have no post as we were living with my parents - what would need to be written in a letter from them?

September 2018 - spouse has a dbs check

September 2019 - all I can find is a letter from Barclaycard offering me a credit card.

Would both these documents be accepted?

If not will need to reshuffle.

From all the advice I have collated the list of documents required:

accommodation:
- if you own your home, you need your Land Registry document, latest mortgage statement and latest council tax bill
-If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

Marriage certificate

6 months full bank statements stamped by bank - 1 November 19 - 30 Apr 20

6 months payslips
Letter from employer
i) current employment and salary
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary
iv) type of employment
- if the payslips are issued online, they MUST be accompanied by a letter from a senior official confirming their authenticity... this can be combined with the mandatory letter above
Original job contract
P60

- 6 joint documents
- 12 individual documents (6 in each name)
- a combination of both, to make 6 in each name (i.e. 4 joint, and 4 individual, or 1 joint and 10 individual etc.)
3 sources
May 2018
September 2018
January 2019
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020

Scans of every page both passports
Also husbands old passport which has expired (he is the applicant)

Is there anything else we need to provide, do we need to write any type of letters? Do we need passport size photos?

Haven’t even started looking at the online application, does it allow you to fill in parts and go back before submitting?

Getting a little anxious about all this and that we are missing something.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Re: FLR(m) - spouse visa
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
Hi,
How is everyone?
So we have changed our mind and now applying to extend in June, so we don’t have to provide letter from family that we were living with them in May 2018.
For the June correspondence I can only find a bank statement for applicant (my husband) with date range May-July 18 will this be ok?
And for myself (sponsor) October correspondence all I am able to find is a letter from my pension showing change of address.
Will these be accepted?
I am a massive worrier! So this is stressing me out a little!

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(m) - spouse visa
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
Hi,
How is everyone?
So we have changed our mind and now applying to extend in June, so we don’t have to provide letter from family that we were living with them in May 2018.
For the June correspondence I can only find a bank statement for applicant (my husband) with date range May-July 18 will this be ok?
And for myself (sponsor) October correspondence all I am able to find is a letter from my pension showing change of address.
Will these be accepted?
I am a massive worrier! So this is stressing me out a little!

The bank statement will count for July as that is when it was mailed. The pension letter will be fine.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab