Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR - spouse visa  (Read 5877 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2020, 03:03:54 PM »
Hi,

Hope everyone is well.

@ksand24  please help! Has a random thought today, everything has been submitted docs uploaded, do we need to do a cover letter explaining unmarried partner visa refusal before spouse visa, we have included the document in the uploads. Also, had a refusal in 2014 for sports visitor visa, this was also included in the application.

Can you advise if a cover letter needs to be written?

Panic mode is back in full swing!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »
First off, do not panic. This is nothing to panic over :).

As long as you disclosed the refusals in the online application form and are including all the paperwork you had from both refusals, it doesn't matter whether you include a letter or not... because a cover letter is not listed anywhere in the document requirements.

You can include a cover letter explaining them if you like, if it gives you peace of mind, but it won't affect your application if you don't.

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »
Thanks! Both were included on the paperwork and paperwork from both were included. Applicant was also removed from UK as ECO didn’t see him as a visitor. All we wrote on the application was
Visitor - UK - London Heathrow Airport - DD/MM/2014 - did not meet visit requirements.

There was no document provided is this ok?

@ksand24 you are a great help thank you

FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2020, 07:24:28 PM »
Thanks! Both were included on the paperwork and paperwork from both were included. Applicant was also removed from UK as ECO didn’t see him as a visitor. All we wrote on the application was
Visitor - UK - London Heathrow Airport - DD/MM/2014 - did not meet visit requirements.

There was no document provided is this ok?

@ksand24 you are a great help thank you

What was the reason they gave for him not meeting the visitor requirements?

- did they think he was going to work?
- did he not have enough funds for the trip?
- did they think he wouldn’t leave because he was in a relationship with a U.K. citizen?
- did they think he was using the visitor visa to ‘live’ in the U.K. for long periods?

Whatever it was, I would have put that instead of just saying ‘did not meet visit requirements’... however, this is where a cover letter can be used to explain that, and also the lack of paperwork. Though, I assume that instead of paperwork, his passport was stamped with the refusal?

To note though, this one was an entry refusal, NOT a removal from the U.K. (because he never made it into the U.K. in order to be removed).

Entry refusal = not allowed into the U.K. at all and sent back to your home country before even passing immigration

Removal from the U.K. = you are an illegal immigrant living in the U.K. You have been caught by immigration officers, arrested, held in a detention centre and then you were eventually physically removed from the U.K.

So, if I have this right, from what you’ve said, he has:
- 1 refusal of entry to the UK as a visitor
- 2 visa application refusals (one for sports visitor, one for unmarried partner visa)?

I would actually recommend including a cover letter in this situation, to explain the timeline of the refusals and the exact reasons for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
Oh god now I’m worrying. It was due to the fact they didn’t think he had enough funds for the trip. So flew to Heathrow then they put him back on a flight to USA.

I was looking at the original visa and the immigration barrister put this information.

Have you been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country including the UK in the last 10 years? Yes
Date of deportation/removal: DD/MM/2014
The port or airport: Heathrow
Reason for deportation/removal: Did not meet visit requirements

How would I start the letter?

To Entry Clearance Officer;
Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to application for UK Spouse Visa extension I am writing in connection with my application. My name is .......

I have wrote this to aid you when assessing my application for this visa by giving you details about previous visa refusals

And then go into deal?

FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2020, 07:52:12 PM »
Oh god now I’m worrying. It was due to the fact they didn’t think he had enough funds for the trip. So flew to Heathrow then they put him back on a flight to USA.

Don’t worry about it. As I said, this is what a cover letter is for.

You explain in the cover letter that you answered that question incorrectly, and that he was refused entry, not removed from the UK (i.e. he was refused a visa at the border and sent home instead of being let in).

For the letter, you don’t write ‘Entry Clearance Officer’ this time, because you are not applying for entry clearance and so your application will not be processed by an ECO. Instead you are applying for an in-country visa extension. So, this time, just write ‘To Whom it May Concern’.

Example:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing regarding my application for FLR(M) as the spouse of a U.K. citizen.

For question #X on the online application form, I said that I had been removed from the U.K. on X date. This was incorrect. I was not removed from the U.K., but was actually refused entry to the UK as a visitor because the immigration officer at Heathrow did not believe that I had enough funds to support myself for the duration of my visit. I was not given any paperwork, but the refusal stamp is in my passport (or whatever is true).

I also have two previous visa refusals which I have listed on the application form. The first was for a Sports Visitor visa on X date, and the reason for refusal was [reason]. The second was for an Unmarried Partner visa which was refused on X date because [reason]. I am including the refusal paperwork for both of these with my documents.

I have since applied for and been granted a spousal visa and am now applying for an FLR(M) visa extension.

Yours Faithfully,
Your Name

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2020, 11:29:35 PM »
I have sent you a private mail with the letter, hoping you are able to check it over  :)
I prob am worrying over nothing! But so worried it’ll be a refusal if we don’t get this right  :-\\\\

FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 11:37:12 PM »
I have sent you a private mail with the letter, hoping you are able to check it over  :)
I prob am worrying over nothing! But so worried it’ll be a refusal if we don’t get this right  :-\\\\
I’m in bed now so will have a look tomorrow.

I can tell you, though, that you are worrying over nothing.

If the visa refusals were not a problem for your last visa, they will not be a problem for this one.

All you are doing with the cover letter is highlighting and explaining a correction to the online form... and they can’t refuse you for that.

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2020, 10:20:48 AM »
Thanks @ksand24

I know we shouldn’t be worrying, as we do meet all the requirements. Just don’t want to give anyone a reason to

• Liked: 0
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2020, 03:45:02 PM »
Hello  :)

What date did your spouse enter the UK (date stamped on initial spouse visa vignette in passport)? Your spouse can apply as early as 28 days before their 30-month anniversary of arriving in the UK and as late as the expiry date on their BRP.

Hi! I am super new here, but I see from your timeline that you are going through a similar situation. I am an America and was also married in the US. I married my English husband in 2017 from an America K1 visa. He has his green card now, but we want to move back over to England. We are just not sure where to start with the spouse visa now, and the financial requirements has us confused since neither of us have jobs over there. Hope I'm not bothering you too much!

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
Morning,

I’m back again with another panic!!!

Think we selected the wrong answer for Finance.

What do they earn? - not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.

This was selected as of January 20 I had a payrise so had two months of a different salary.   ???

Not doing too good at this!

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2020, 09:56:51 AM »
Sounds like you selected the right answer to me.

The only issue we found with selecting that answer is that the form was incorrectly telling you to supply 12 months of payslips and bank statements instead of 6 months. So we just told people to select the other answer (same amount continuously), even if it wasn’t quite true, in order to prevent the form from asking for 12 months of evidence when you only needed 6 months.

This may have been corrected on the form recently though - I’m not sure.

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
Thanks

I did read over the documents required and it says

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 6 months prior to the date of application

I keep waking up with random panics over this visa! I’ll be happy once we have a decision!

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2020, 10:20:02 AM »
Thanks

I did read over the documents required and it says

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 6 months prior to the date of application

Ah, okay - in that case, they may have fixed the error in the form :). Basically we were having to tell people to select the incorrect answer in order to get it to show the correct financial category documents.

I keep waking up with random panics over this visa! I’ll be happy once we have a decision!

I know it’s not easy, but the best thing you can do right now is take a step back and put the application to the back of your mind.

You can’t go back and change anything now, so all worrying is gonna do is needlessly stress you out.

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2020, 08:14:43 AM »
I know I can’t do anything about it now, but just trying to put my mind at ease.
Employment letter states that I earn 24,000 previously 22,000.. so on the letter the gross is put and then the net..
Gross amount does not equate to the annual salary as it has Salary exchange (pension is taken from this) payslip shows for example...
Sal 2000 Sal exchange -90.00 gross 1910.
Will they calculate it and say it is wrong? Or would they see the original salary value and calculate?
Might not be making much sense

Sponsored Links