Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sourdough Recipe  (Read 1992 times)

• Liked: 1891
Sourdough Recipe
« on: April 03, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
@Rick Stephens asked me for this and I thought I would post it here for posterity.  It's the sourdough bread recipe that came with my starter from Ebay.  Looks hard.

• Liked: 424
Re: Sourdough Recipe
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
Thanks Jimbo! Actually, many of the recipes I found were even more involved. Apparently, sourdough bread isn’t quick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
I've got it down to a science now.  I throw all the ingredients into the bread maker and put it on a "leaven dough" setting that essentially mixes the dough, kneads it and lets it rise.  Then I let it sit around in the breadmaker tub  for the rest of the day, then put it in the fridge overnight.  Then get up a little early in the morning and put the tub back in the machine and let it cook.  Fresh bread for breakfast. 

Last time I made brioche (french bread with a lot of butter and eggs, soft crust) I actually used the same pattern and added sourdough as well.  It was really nice and had good thick bubbles inside. 

• Liked: 424
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »

First attempt, came out pretty good! Not too much sourdough flavor yet, but the starter is quite new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 07:58:49 AM »
Looks great.  I wonder if flavour is something that gets better with age like you say. 

I made pancakes with mine last weekend and they were super fluffy and lovely.  Just like my grandma used to make .

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab