Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Trump Outrage  (Read 2314 times)

• Liked: 1891
Latest Trump Outrage
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:54:54 PM »

Listen for Trump mentioning hundreds of thousands of people dying before making a joke about dating models.

https://streamable.com/jj65uk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Latest Trump Outrage
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 03:02:11 PM »
Vomit inducing!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
While that is disgusting and pisses me off, im also fuming about the comments Jared Kushner made about the stockpiling of medical resources (you know, the ones they OUTBID states for after telling states to get their own supplies annnndddd that state officials should be "nicer" to/about trump if they want supplies) and the fact they are "ours" not the states....WHO IS OUR?!? AND the government amended the official website to match what Jared had said!!!! What world am i living in?!?! People dont want their right to bear arms taken away or their right to go out and infect others unknowingly with corona buuuuuuuttttt effectively gagging the press is fine, outbidding states for urgent medical supplies is fine, and amending the goverbment guidance to suit whatever the president's administration said Orwellian style allllll fine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 672
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 03:08:56 PM »
You are aware of the other "little" things he has his fingers in while we're all watching Covid?

EPA protections - restricting what scientific research can be used in making regulatory decisions
EPA regulatory activities - rescinding previously enacted regulations. (Like the minimum miles-per-gallon a car has to get.)
Coal
Toxic ash
Mercury emissions
Obamacare, as in trying to dismantle it
Refusing to re-open the enrollment period for Obamacare for people who now need it and don't have it
Protections for some migratory birds, eliminating
Etc....

Oh, and asking Deutsche Bank for leeway on repaying his company's loans (he did not divest personal interest in them, so he is personally liable for the debt). [Deutsche Bank has been in trouble with US regulators.  From Mother Jones: "In addition to lending him $160 million in 2015 to finance the opening of his luxury DC hotel, it made two loans, totaling $125 million, to bankroll his company’s purchase and redevelopment of the Doral golf course in Miami. The bank also loaned Trump $69 million to refinance debt related to his Chicago tower."] So, actually, they could sue him if he defaults.

And the asking the county in Florida for leeway on paying his late rent on his golf courses. Ditto.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:28:08 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 08:07:00 AM »
I could sit here and type for hours about all the things that are outraging me about Trump right now.  Freshest in my mind is the thing Nan brought up about Deutsche Bank.  It's not some technical, hard to understand nitpicky problem.  Trump's organisations owe millions to a bank and they can't collect because the personally oversees the government that is supposed to regulate them.  ARGH!

• Liked: 672
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 12:40:05 PM »
You'll be happy to know that Republican-controlled legislative bodies in at least three states have passed or are expected shortly to pass legislation that makes it illegal to protest oil pipelines.

Yes, it won't hold up in court, but the fact that they'd even pull this is pretty much ... damning.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
Nothing like a bunch of elected representatives using a crisis for their own financial gain...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab