Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Impact of COVID-19 on Tier 4 to FLR(M) Switch  (Read 2649 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Impact of COVID-19 on Tier 4 to FLR(M) Switch
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
Another question, alongside the passport issue:

I mistyped one of the dates I left the UK on the application (wrote that I left on the 19th and in fact left on the 18th). Can I also just address this in the letter?

Yes, that's fine - just write that you made a mistake with the date (they should be able to see in the system what date you actually left).

This means the letter will address three things:

1. Relationship evidence is a mix of text messages and bank statements
2. I renewed my passport after submitting my application, since the one listed expired
3. This typo

Is this too much? At this point should I just cancel and redo the application? I'm leaning toward no but I'm also really worried, for obvious reasons.

No, that's fine - that's what the letter is there for: to explain any issues with the application and/or the documents.

There is no reason at all for you to have to cancel and redo the application.

I intentionally have not started uploading documents so that nothing can lock in and not be changed, since I'll have to add the other passport when it arrives. Is that also a decent strategy?

All the documents you upload should be dated BEFORE the online application date anyway (with the exception of the renewed passport, but that's due to exceptional circumstances) , but you have until the date you give biometrics or use the app (if invited to) to upload everything.

Sorry for a million flustered questions, any guidance would be very very helpful!

My only real guidance is: don't stress out :). You'll be fine, and you have nothing to worry about.

We're all in this unusual situation together, and so we're having to muddle through it together as well. And because of everything going on, they are allowing some leeway in regards to documents etc.

So, don't worry:
- a minor typo won't affect your application... just mention it in the cover letter
- not having enough correspondence won't affect your application... because it's normal for someone in your situation (switching from Tier 4) to not have enough correspondence
- the passport renewal issue was unavoidable because of Covid, so as long as you have the new passport before the biometrics are done/documents uploaded, I can't imagine it will be an issue either.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
Thanks @ksand24 -- that is very reassuring, and I appreciate it!

Just to add a note that my new passport arrived over the weekend, with an issued date of 2 days after my renewal paperwork arrived at the embassy (and 2 days before the old one expired!). All told it was back to me less than 2 weeks from when I posted my paperwork to the embassy, so they currently seem to be operating under the 'approximately 3 weeks' advised on the embassy website. Hope that information is helpful to someone!

Now off to upload paperwork and wait for further information about biometrics...

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 09:57:40 AM »
Thanks @ksand24 -- that is very reassuring, and I appreciate it!

Just to add a note that my new passport arrived over the weekend, with an issued date of 2 days after my renewal paperwork arrived at the embassy (and 2 days before the old one expired!). All told it was back to me less than 2 weeks from when I posted my paperwork to the embassy, so they currently seem to be operating under the 'approximately 3 weeks' advised on the embassy website. Hope that information is helpful to someone!

Now off to upload paperwork and wait for further information about biometrics...

That's great news :). Glad you got it back quickly :).

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »
Help!

I've just received the following email:

'Your FLR(M) application is under assessment but further evidence/information is needed.
Preliminary HMRC checks suggest you and your sponsor have not earnt over £18,600 in the last 12 months and I note that you state on the application form you exceed the £18,600 amount by way of your partners £16,390 per annum maintenance grant.
Whilst I am sure you are aware that £16,390 is not a higher amount than £18,600 your lack of further information or evidence that you receive other income is rather confusing, it would be helpful for you explain further.
Please respond as soon as possible'

My husband has a tax-free bursary in excess of the category C requirement, which we proved. I'm not sure if I ticked a box wrong or something but I have no idea what to reply.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 03:14:13 PM »
Ok here is my reply, thoughts? Really panicked now and have to go teach for the rest of the afternoon:

Thank you for your email and request for clarification.

My husband’s maintenance grant of £16,390 that you identify is a tax-free academic maintenance grant associated with his postgraduate degree, in excess of the Category C requirement of a tax-free income of £15,800 each year, as outlined on page 39 of the Home Office Guidance for financial requirements published in November 2020 (Appendix FM 1.7). We provided evidence of this in the form of a letter from his university, which I have attached to this email for your convenience.

My husband has been in receipt of this grant since September 2019 and will continue to be in receipt of the grant through academic year 2020-2021 and academic year 2021-2022, in excess of the requirement that the grant must be payable for one full academic year from the date of application. This, including its increase, is similarly outlined in the documents provided from his university, [UNI].

Please let me know if there is any further information we can provide on my application.

Yours Sincerely,

• Liked: 957
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »
I would review your application to make sure you selected Section C, and then reply with the evidence needed with that part of your application in a screenshot. Sounds like they are confused, we have had other members asked for evidence they already provided too.

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 03:17:58 PM »
We did! It definitely says 'maintenance grant or stipend' and requests the right information. Further up it says the requirement is £18,600 when it asks about dependents but the source is listed as 'non-employment income' and the checklist provided goes through all that.... UGH!

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »
We did! It definitely says 'maintenance grant or stipend' and requests the right information. Further up it says the requirement is £18,600 when it asks about dependents but the source is listed as 'non-employment income' and the checklist provided goes through all that.... UGH!
Ooof. I think your email covers everything possible, maybe screenshot the guidance too?

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2020, 03:29:55 PM »
Yeah I think I will, we include the page number (but annoying that's the Armed Forces guidance?) of the guidance but a screenshot can't hurt.

I think I'm going to be sick.

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2020, 03:34:38 PM »
Yeah I think I will, we include the page number (but annoying that's the Armed Forces guidance?) of the guidance but a screenshot can't hurt.

There is only one guidance document: Appendix FM 1.7.

It's the main guidance for ALL applications... it simply says Armed Forces on it to show it is valid for armed forces applications as well as regular applications.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Don't worry - this is their mistake, not yours.

You have done everything right, it just that it appears that the person reviewing your application does not seem to be aware of how tax-free academic stipends are calculated and considered for the requirements.

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »
Ooof.

Don't worry - this is their mistake, not yours.

You have done everything right, it just that it appears that the person reviewing your application does not seem to be aware of how tax-free academic stipends are calculated and considered for the requirements.

Thanks, everyone. I was literally shaking trying to draft an email and came here for help - I'll have my husband check it over for typos but then I'll send it back. I've added a line about it fulfilling the evidentiary requirement put forward in the document list attached to my application, but the husband thinks sending the Home Office a screenshot of their own guidance is bound to make a snarky person snarkier.

That said, HOW does someone who does this for a job not understand the rules?!

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2020, 03:59:17 PM »
Ok I still feel sick and am shaking but have to go teach for a few hours....

At least this means that my application is on someone's desk. Thanks for calming me down, I'll keep you all posted!

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2020, 04:43:33 PM »
Ok I still feel sick and am shaking but have to go teach for a few hours....

At least this means that my application is on someone's desk. Thanks for calming me down, I'll keep you all posted!
Good luck! Remember, they are in a department headed by an absolutely horrible person - so in the past, this mistaken employee would have probably been able to deny your visa and move onto the next, and you would then have to appeal. Now they are annoyed they <*sigh*> have to actually give you a chance to prove your case. It's their mistake, not yours, and they will see that when they receive your email.

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 08:26:08 AM »
8:08 this morning: VISA APPROVED!

I literally burst into tears on the pavement as we went for a walk.

Thank you, thank you for all your help through the process!

I’ll update my timeline in the IDV thread now  :) :)  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab