Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sites similar to Border free?  (Read 3477 times)

• Liked: 19
Sites similar to Border free?
« on: May 01, 2020, 10:25:24 AM »
Hiya,

Just perusing the food threads lately, and there was an old thread where someone mentioned you could order from Target on Borderfree. Well, unfortunately, Borderfree doesn't ship anything from Target anymore, nor does it have any kind of stores that will ship food, unless I'm missing something by not being a member.

I was just wondering if anyone has found any other websites similar to Borderfree which ship  foodstuffs directly from the US?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

• Liked: 1260
Re: Sites similar to Border free?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »
Can't help with website, but i know you can order from target directly for international shipping (it's just expensive so would need to be enough to make it worthwile - maybe split with others?)

What kind of food are you wanting?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »
Can't help with website, but i know you can order from target directly for international shipping (it's just expensive so would need to be enough to make it worthwile - maybe split with others?)

What kind of food are you wanting?

Just wanting some shelf stable stuff like sour cream and onion crisps (not pringles) and other kinds of crisps, salsa, old bay. I've tried all of the American food shops that you can buy American here in the UK, but none of them have what I'm looking for, and are frequently out of stock of the best stuff. American Fizz is usually my go-to site here, they have a fairly good range of stuff and the prices are really good. They've not had much of the stuff I like lately.

I didn't know you could order directly from Target though. I'd have to look and see how much the shipping is. As you say, I'm sure it's expensive and may not be worthwhile.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »
Just wanting some shelf stable stuff like sour cream and onion crisps (not pringles) and other kinds of crisps, salsa, old bay. I've tried all of the American food shops that you can buy American here in the UK, but none of them have what I'm looking for, and are frequently out of stock of the best stuff. American Fizz is usually my go-to site here, they have a fairly good range of stuff and the prices are really good. They've not had much of the stuff I like lately.

I didn't know you could order directly from Target though. I'd have to look and see how much the shipping is. As you say, I'm sure it's expensive and may not be worthwhile.

Also good to keep in mind there may be additional import fees you have to pay depending on how shipping is done via target (just don't want you to be blindsided as that's easy to forget.

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »
Also good to keep in mind there may be additional import fees you have to pay depending on how shipping is done via target (just don't want you to be blindsided as that's easy to forget.

Yeah, that's another factor to consider. Not sure if it'd be worth it really. I honestly don't know how American Fizz has a whole business doing this and can still sell their items at the cost they do. Most of the other American shops here are outrageously expensive!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »
Yeah, that's another factor to consider. Not sure if it'd be worth it really. I honestly don't know how American Fizz has a whole business doing this and can still sell their items at the cost they do. Most of the other American shops here are outrageously expensive!

It is more affordable if you had other people that needed stuff so it would be a bigger order that shipping can be split between.  Buying in bulk is what makes things more cost affordable. It's likely that American Fizz is getting pricing specific for commercial resellers and they're buying in bulk. But enough people have to be shopping with them to make it profitable regardless so they can afford the items and the import and shipping charges.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 11:47:29 AM »
Ah yeah, that makes sense. I will give it some thought.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
Check Amazon.co.uk. I got some classic Shake'n'Bake chicken coating* from there a couple of weeks ago.

*Don't judge! My mom became a mother during the Space Age, and was a great believer in the future promised by easy and convenient processed food, and I was feeling nostalgic.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 12:03:38 PM »
Check Amazon.co.uk. I got some classic Shake'n'Bake chicken coating* from there a couple of weeks ago.

*Don't judge! My mom became a mother during the Space Age, and was a great believer in the future promised by easy and convenient processed food, and I was feeling nostalgic.
Hey, no judgement from me! Work smarter not harder! Hah

My, how time flies....

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »

Oh, no judgements here... I love shake n bake! I used to use it frequently in the States.
I have checked amazon a few times for different items and it's been quite expensive. I'm on a limited budget, so I am only able to get 'treats' for myself occasionally. This is why I've consistently used American Fizz, as most of their products are quite reasonable. I just wish they had a bigger range in stock. Most of my favourites are out of stock now due to the CV.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 03:13:42 PM »
Just looked on the American Fizz site and it's closed becuase of CV.  I want to speak to the manager!

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »
Just looked on the American Fizz site and it's closed becuase of CV.  I want to speak to the manager!
Haha, yeah they've been closing periodically. This is the 3rd time they've closed temporarily since the start of the lockdown. I reckon they've been having issues procuring stock as well as an increase in orders.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 06:49:03 PM »
Target doesn't ship outside the US anymore.  I'm sure it was I that caused them to discontinue their shipping with Borderfree.  My free shipping cat litter order broke them. Lol. They haven't shipped to the UK in over 2 years.

Shelf stable sour cream can be bought at the grocery stores in the Mexican food aisle. It is made by Old El Paso even though I don't understand why you would want it but I'm trying not to judge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 07:11:50 PM »
Target doesn't ship outside the US anymore.  I'm sure it was I that caused them to discontinue their shipping with Borderfree.  My free shipping cat litter order broke them. Lol. They haven't shipped to the UK in over 2 years.

Shelf stable sour cream can be bought at the grocery stores in the Mexican food aisle. It is made by Old El Paso even though I don't understand why you would want it but I'm trying not to judge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lol its sour cream and onion crisps I'm after, not shelf stable sour cream, yuck! Seriously I cannot find any sour cream and onion crisps here that compare to Lays. I've had the pringles ones and I don't like those, and I think kettle chips might do a sour cream and onion, but didn't like those either. American Fizz has sold the Lays at some point, but in the past few months I've bought from them, Lays are never in stock. They do sell some Uncle Rays SC & O that are nice, but they haven't had those in stock for a good couple of months now.

Thanks for the Target tip, though, it's a shame they don't ship to the UK anymore, but it'd be so expensive I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »
Nothing compares to Lays!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab