Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quarantine beers/bevvys  (Read 16423 times)

• Liked: 1260
Quarantine beers/bevvys
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »
I thought there was a beer thread already but i can't find it so starting a new one...(though i might be the only one using it)

Saved this one for tonight as needed to be consumed on a sunday for obvious reasons but wow...it's a stunner. Flavours are on point and it's bloody beautiful. You can taste it all. I wish i could buy at least 20 more cans of this as this could happily be my official summer beer of choice.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
Re: Quarantine beers/bevvys
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
That looks lush!  Where did you get it?
I would imagine it tastes a bit like Tiny Rebel's Pump Up The Jam..

My quarantine beers so far have been mainly Northern Monk Faith, Rat Brewery's White Rat, Loch Lomond Lost In Mosaic and I just got a 5-litre mini keg of Vocation Bread & Butter, which I haven't tapped yet.  Been drinking more wine than beer lately.

Just remembered, I have ordered a six-pack of Hiver honey beers, which should arrive this week.   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:32:54 AM by Albatross »

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:44:18 AM »

That looks lush!  Where did you get it?
I would imagine it tastes a bit like Tiny Rebel's Pump Up The Jam..

My quarantine beers so far have been mainly Northern Monk Faith, Rat Brewery's White Rat, Loch Lomond Lost In Mosaic and I just got a 5-litre mini keg of Vocation Bread & Butter, which I haven't tapped yet.  Been drinking more wine than beer lately.

Just remembered, I have ordered a six-pack of Hiver honey beers, which should arrive this week.

It tastes nothing at all like PUTJ! (But Raspberry ripple StayPuft by TR does! Haha). I got it from a local bottleshop but it's super limited. It was SO good! I wish i had 100 mpre of them. The fruit and custard taste was on point and you could smell the strawberries clearly everytime you went for a sip. If i could get it in bulk and have it the whole summer i would! Haha

Ooohhhh honey beers! How strong is the honey taste?

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »

It tastes nothing at all like PUTJ! (But Raspberry ripple StayPuft by TR does! Haha). I got it from a local bottleshop but it's super limited. It was SO good! I wish i had 100 mpre of them. The fruit and custard taste was on point and you could smell the strawberries clearly everytime you went for a sip. If i could get it in bulk and have it the whole summer i would! Haha

Ooohhhh honey beers! How strong is the honey taste?

Oooh, I've never seen the raspberry ripple Stay Puft!... I've had the standard one, the imperial 10%+ one and the salted caramel, but not seen the raspberry!!!

I'm going on a full-scale hunt for the Aunt Bessies now!  Northern Monk can do no wrong in my eyes.

I haven't tried the Hiver honey beers yet... was seduced by their advert on Facebook and made an impulse purchase... I'll let you know once they arrive.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »

Oooh, I've never seen the raspberry ripple Stay Puft!... I've had the standard one, the imperial 10%+ one and the salted caramel, but not seen the raspberry!!!

I'm going on a full-scale hunt for the Aunt Bessies now!  Northern Monk can do no wrong in my eyes.

I haven't tried the Hiver honey beers yet... was seduced by their advert on Facebook and made an impulse purchase... I'll let you know once they arrive.

It was a limited release to support the NHs and sold out quickly! ()

Was reallllly lovely! (As i'm a PUTJ fan).

Friend sent me this link as it's where he got them after he saw me post about it before. Might still have some on there! (I was going to look as well as i want more! Hahah) - https://indiebeer.co.uk/

My, how time flies....

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »
Not beer, but it is a bevvy...

Our Waitrose closed down permanently at the weekend, and I went in just to see what was left on the shelves.  Precious little, tbh, but I did pick up a couple of cans of pre-mixed espresso martinis.  Tried one last night and it was super nice... coffee-flavoured pudding in a glass.  Alcohol content was a bit disappointing at only 4.5%, but you can't win them all.

I'm going to tap my mini-keg of Vocation Bread & Butter tonight.  It's low-gravity as well at only 3.9%, but I used to love it on cask, so hopefully the kegged version will be good too.

My boyfriend posted on FB about a beer he was drinking - Omnipollo Bianca Blueberry Maple Pancake Lassi Gose (6% ABV).... he paid £13.95 PER 500 ML CAN (!!!)  :o
He said it was lush and the maple came through really strongly.  I'm not sure I could pay £14 for 1 beer... I'm not a cheapskate, but that's just OTT in my mind. Maybe he will buy me one for my birthday!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:55:25 AM by Albatross »

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 10:09:39 AM »

Our Waitrose closed down permanently at the weekend, and I went in just to see what was left on the shelves.  Precious little, tbh, but I did pick up a couple of cans of pre-mixed espresso martinis.  Tried one last night and it was super nice... coffee-flavoured pudding in a glass.  Alcohol content was a bit disappointing at only 4.5%, but you can't win them all.

I'm going to tap my mini-keg of Vocation Bread & Butter tonight.  It's low-gravity as well at only 3.9%, but I used to love it on cask, so hopefully the kegged version will be good too.

My boyfriend posted on FB about a beer he was drinking - Omnipollo Bianca Blueberry Maple Pancake Lassi Gose (6% ABV).... he paid £13.95 PER 500 ML CAN (!!!)  :o
He said it was lush and the maple came through really strongly.  I'm not sure I could pay £14 for 1 beer... I'm not a cheapskate, but that's just OTT in my mind. Maybe he will buy me one for my birthday!  ;)

Ohh let me know how the B&B is in the mini-keg :)

Your bf is smarter than i as i paid £18 for a can of the bianca peanut butter and jelly lassi gose before i knew it was £13 online....lol not being funny, but it's not even high ABV or bigger than standard 440ml you get with most craft, but...Omnipollo and all that
 Flavours *are* on point and it's THICK.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
Won't let me attach a photo (keeps failing)

My, how time flies....

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
Had to do as attachment

My, how time flies....

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »
Your bf is smarter than i as i paid £18 for a can of the bianca peanut butter and jelly lassi gose before i knew it was £13 online....lol not being funny, but it's not even high ABV or bigger than standard 440ml you get with most craft, but...Omnipollo and all that
 Flavours *are* on point and it's THICK.

:o :o

We'll reserve judgement on whether or not he is smarter... he bought 6 cans! 
More money than sense, him.

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
:o :o

We'll reserve judgement on whether or not he is smarter... he bought 6 cans! 
More money than sense, him.
i wanted to get 2 (PB&J and the maple pancake) but my husband was like "I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money, but £40 just abour for 2 x 440ml cans...?". I felt suitably guilted but wasnt leaving without at least 1 hahaha

Just got this beaut turned up as well.

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »

Hey Albatross, you'll know the answer to this question:
Are those blueberry and pancake craft beers just full of sugary fake flavours or do they magically mix normal beer ingredients?   

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »
Are those blueberry and pancake craft beers just full of sugary fake flavours or do they magically mix normal beer ingredients?

You'd better ask KoD.... I'm new to the craft beer game, as I only drank cask until recently.

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »

They are actual fruits being mixed in. Some are more sugary than others just by the nature of getting flavours and some taste more artificial, but that's typically where you see it reflected in price and the scalenof the brewery. OMNIPOLLO is *expensive* but it's expensive because of their ingredients. Brewery and nailing the flavours without them tasting overly sugary and artificial (a lot of people - read:true craft beer snobs - claim tiny rebel taste this way and despise them)  is truly an artform.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 12:46:10 PM »
Struggling to find anything quickly on mobile RE the process, but if you look at ingreients, you can see that there are quite natural ingredienta (including sugar) https://omnipollo.com/pages/about

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab