Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 25173 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »
I'm going mad with the dumps being shut. Our council says that the dumps will open on the 1st June, for bagged waste and garden rubbish only and ONLY if you cannot store it safely at home.
'In the initial phase the sites are open for essential waste disposal only and householders are advised that journeys to a recycling centre must only be undertaken if their waste cannot be stored at home safely. By this we mean the waste cannot be stored without causing risk of injury, or harm to health.'

(We are using the health line, because we have bags of guinea pig waste that are attracting mice) 

Find somebody who has a compost bin. Or start making your own compost.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »
Find somebody who has a compost bin. Or start making your own compost.

Hahhaha, you're funny.   ;D  I have 6 compost bins already!   Little piggies poop a lot!   I also have chickens.  They poop a lot too!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »
Here ya go Phatbeetle....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 672
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
It was warm enough yesterday for jeans and t-shirts, no jacket required. I was finally feeling well enough for a walk.  Unfortunately, everyone and their brother was out on the sidewalks, clustering around the doors of newly re-opened cafes that were not allowing more than one person inside at a time and, thus, blocking the sidewalks. We were out for over an hour trying to run errands and saw exactly two people wearing masks, out of what must have been a few hundred people. One of them was a person at one of the cafes (Chai Ovna is open Sunday afternoons now for take-away tea). Lots of standing around in groups chattering away. Yeah, there's absolutely no social distancing going on here.  It wasn't much better at the grocery store. Markings on the floor, and nobody paying any attention to them. Thankfully I was able to go in and grab some milk, use the self-check, and be out in less than five minutes. Won't be going over to Great Western or Byres Road again for a while unless I have no other option. I'd happily go back to Chai Ovna, but it's running a gauntlet to get there, so unless it's a chilly day when fewer people will be out I don't guess we can.

The Botanic Garden was full - people roasting to a lovely shade of radioactive purple, children running around enjoying themselves (through the flower beds of course, and people allowing their dogs to do the same off-leash or on a leash twenty feet long), and joggers running by so closely that one actually bumped into the Daughter as we were walking. We sat on a bench under a tree to cool off in the shade for a bit and try to enjoy an ice cream. There was a hop-scotch grid chalked on the pavement about three feet from the bench. (It's been there for weeks.) A family with three young school-age kids and a pram (none of the family in masks) came along and the mum encouraged her screaming brats to play hop-scotch. One of the little darlins was coughing like a three-pack-a-day smoker, too. No covering of mouth when coughing, no instruction by either parent to do so. All we could do was hitch up our masks and leave.

What a bunch of inconsiderate barbarians!  >:( 

You'd think people would have learned something by now?

We have.  ;)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 11:27:39 AM »
Nan, it's infuriating the way people have just decided Covid-19 is "over" when outside. I have an acquaintance who works in the medical field who ran off to the beach with friends (not in a social "bubble" of any kind) posting photos of them all grouped together sharing ice creams with no masks or distancing in sight. They've already proven its the healthcare settings mainly sharing it back into the community, but masks and distancing can stop others from catching it.

I've been enjoying the weather, but very much still staying at home. I'm grateful we have a garden because I couldn't tolerate the stupidity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Nan, it's infuriating the way people have just decided Covid-19 is "over" when outside.

It's doing my head in.Very far from over!! And this kind of stupidity will make it all worse and longer for all of us.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
It's doing my head in.Very far from over!! And this kind of stupidity will make it all worse and longer for all of us.
It literally is creating a two tier society. The "haves" who can risk catching it, and the rest of us who know the risk is far too great until its a much lower prevalence and/or people are all wearing masks. There was an article I read yesterday about 2 hairstylists who managed to cut the hair of 140 people while symptomatic with covid but because they both wore masks and all the clients did along with other distancing measures no one else caught it. Viral load seems to be the key for becoming ill. I look forward to seeing more studies but I don't think prior to this they've ever done enough research on the distancing + basic fabric masks. Yet here, we have scientists who want to encourage reducing the distance and say masks are pointless because the science isn't clear enough yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 248
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
We bought an AC unit! Yipppppeeeeee! When it gets warm it is just plain nasty in the house. Yes, it has to be vented through a window - but I don’t care. 

Of course, it has rained since it was delivered. But we are now armed for combat. Bring on the hot weather!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »
We bought an AC unit! Yipppppeeeeee! When it gets warm it is just plain nasty in the house. Yes, it has to be vented through a window - but I don’t care. 

Of course, it has rained since it was delivered. But we are now armed for combat. Bring on the hot weather!

Ahhh, so that explains all the rain we've been having lately!  ;)

Congratulations!  :D

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2020, 03:15:49 PM »

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2020, 04:07:31 PM »

https://i1.wp.com/www.depressioncomix.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/depcom455.500.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

Ha! That will be me!  ;D
I've already bought masks and face shields ready for the day I eventually set foot outside in the world again!

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
Beautiful sunshine-> Torrential rain -> High winds-> Repeat... All day long!  ;D

• Liked: 584
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »
Beautiful sunshine-> Torrential rain -> High winds-> Repeat... All day long!  ;D

Our forecast was for thunder and lightning today, but so far it's just been unrelenting sunshine.

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2020, 03:03:24 PM »
Our forecast was for thunder and lightning today, but so far it's just been unrelenting sunshine.

I love a good thunder storm.. as long as I'm safe indoors!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab