Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Actually, no, restrictions are NOT lifted  (Read 5022 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Actually, no, restrictions are NOT lifted
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
You forgot, wear masks but only sometimes. And you get to pick whether you think you can social distance enough or not. (and most of the public still think they only need them when sick because the PM conveniently left that out of his speech)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »
It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

This one kills me.  Same with Ireland.  So people just fly into those 2 countries and then the UK.  Ummmmmm....

I'm waiting to find out what's going to happen regarding when I return to the UK... as I won't be travelling on a commercial airline or landing at a commercial airport. My flight will be an RAF cargo plane, landing at a UK RAF base, travelling from a (fingers crossed) virus-free island in the middle of nowhere.

If I do have to quarantine when I get home, I'm not entirely sure how I will be able to go about it. My car and a load of my belongings (including food supplies) are at my parents' house, which is 65 miles west of where I land, but I live 180 miles northeast of their house.

Questions in my mind at the moment (which obviously can't be answered yet) are things like:
- how do I get between the base, my parents' house and my house if I have to go into quarantine when I arrive?
- can I quarantine in the granny flat at my parents' house, or do I have to go back to my house? (my parents house would be easier as I live alone and getting supplies would be tricky)
- if I drive back to my house, what do I do about stopping at the services for toilet breaks on my way back?  (I'm not gonna manage 3 hours of driving without a break)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »
Just so everyone’s clear...

That was brilliant. And it saved me from reading the government's 50 page document. So thank you.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab