Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Documents  (Read 840 times)

• Liked: 2
ILR - Documents
« on: May 14, 2020, 11:02:50 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all staying safe and well.

It is that time again. I’ve finally gotten to my five years and now it is time apply for my ILR visa. I have been reading through other posts and think I have an understanding of what I need, but just to make sure I thought I would put up my list of documents to make sure I am not missing something and ask the couple of questions I already have.

I arrived in the UK on 19 April 2015 and my current visa expires 11 August 2020. I’m hoping to apply in mid-July.

Documents I have or will get to scan and upload:

Application Documents
My current and previous passport
BRP
Life in the UK test – I have my test scheduled for 30 June
Husband’s passport – current one only?
Applicant and sponsor signed declarations – not sure where to get these now that everything is done online?

Financial Documents
Payslips covering 6 months  (January – June)
Bank statements to correspond with 6 months of payslips
Letter from employer
Signed contract
P60

Question regarding the financial. I have worked for the same employer since February 2016 and make over the required amount of £18,600, however I am currently on furlough and not sure how long I will be on it, hopefully will be back to work in June or July at the latest. Even being paid the 80% on furlough I still make over the required minimum. Does this just need to be addressed in the letter from my employer as to why my pay was reduced for the however many months?

Accommodation Documents
Land registry document
Latest mortgage statement
Latest Council tax bill
Lease agreement – this is because of the house my husband bought is shared ownership from the city, I’m not in the lease but we have a letter from the council addressed to both of us congratulating us on our new purchase and refers to the lease agreement so I was going to include that also.

Relationship Requirements
Certificate of Marriage
Divorce Decrees
Joint documents:    Jan 2018 – electric – both names
         June 2018 – bank statement – both names
         Nov 2018 – bank statement – both names
         Mar 2019 – council tax – both names
         Sept 2019 – water bill – me and retirement statement – husband
         Feb 2020 – NHS letter – me and optician letter – husband

Would it make sense to start the online application now and not submit it until I’m ready in July, or should I just wait and do it all at once?

Thank you in advance for any comments or advice, you truly do reduce the stress of this whole process.

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR - Documents
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »
I arrived in the UK on 19 April 2015 and my current visa expires 11 August 2020. I’m hoping to apply in mid-July.

You actually qualified to apply on 22nd March 2020 (28 days before 19th April 2020), so you don't have to wait until mid-July to apply... though I see your Life in the UK test is not scheduled until end of June, so applying in July makes sense :P

In regards to your documents, just a few notes:

Application Documents
- Husband’s passport – current one only? - yes, just his current, valid passport
Applicant and sponsor signed declarations – not sure where to get these now that everything is done online? - the declarations are part of the online application form (they were also part of the old paper FLR(M) form as well)

Financial Documents
Payslips covering 6 months  (January – June) - you need to make sure they cover ever single day of the 6 months, so you are likely to need 7 months worth. I would include December to June
Bank statements to correspond with 6 months of payslips - again you are likely to need 7 months worth, December to June

Joint documents:    Jan 2018 – electric – both names
         Mar 2019 – council tax – both names - this is dated too close to November 2018 (4 months) and too far from September 2019 (6 months). You really need something from April 2019

Question regarding the financial. I have worked for the same employer since February 2016 and make over the required amount of £18,600, however I am currently on furlough and not sure how long I will be on it, hopefully will be back to work in June or July at the latest. Even being paid the 80% on furlough I still make over the required minimum. Does this just need to be addressed in the letter from my employer as to why my pay was reduced for the however many months?

As long as your furloughed salary is above the requirements you should be fine (they will only consider the lowest salary you have received in the last 6 months), but yes, I would have the employer letter explain that you are furloughed and receiving 80% salary at the moment.

Would it make sense to start the online application now and not submit it until I’m ready in July, or should I just wait and do it all at once?

You can start it now if you like and keep saving it until you are ready to apply.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply ksand24.

You actually qualified to apply on 22nd March 2020 (28 days before 19th April 2020), so you don't have to wait until mid-July to apply... though I see your Life in the UK test is not scheduled until end of June, so applying in July makes sense :P

I didn't apply earlier because we were saving up for the fee, now I just wish we had applied and been done with it  ;)

Joint documents:    Jan 2018 – electric – both names
         Mar 2019 – council tax – both names - this is dated too close to November 2018 (4 months) and too far from September 2019 (6 months). You really need something from April 2019
         April 2019 - bank statement - both names

Thanks again, now I think I will get the documents I have already scanned and start on the application :)

Re: ILR - Documents/ Application Questions
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »
Have started to fill in the application and now have a few questions.

Do you have any family and friends in country of birth?

The only immediate family member I have is my sister. I have aunts/uncles and cousins but I’m not really in contact with them except on Facebook. Should they be included, and if so how many of them?

As far as friends I have one friend that I am actually in contact with, others would be friends I’ve had in the past but don’t have much contact with any more except a liked post on Facebook. Who should I include?

Are you part of any social group or do you have any other cultural ties to country of birth?

My instinct is to answer no to this question, since my social groups have been here for the last 5 years and I didn’t have any real group like church or anything that I belonged to before I moved here.

Have you ever had any of the following?
If I select  – A penalty for driving offence, example disqualification for speeding. It says tell us about fixed penalty notices (example: a speeding or parking ticket) if you’ve received three or more.

I’ve only had one speeding ticket and that was 31 years ago. So should I answer none to the original question?

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

I am not sure what to do about this one. The only time I have contacted the home office, except for visa applications, was to notify them of change of address. I will have to search to find the letter confirming that or it might have just been an email.

What do they earn?

As stated before I am currently on furlough ( hopefully find out Friday how long that will be the case) should I still answer – the same amount continuously, above financial requirement. As even on 80% of my salary I’m above the £18,600 minimum.

Annual income before tax?

Do I put my contract salary or multiply my lowest pay since furlough and multiply that by 12?

I have worked for the same employer since 2016 however they changed their name in summer 2019. Can I still say yes that I have worked for the same employer, and include the letter with the name change in the documents?

Do you own or rent?

Not sure how to answer – I own – I rent – Neither own or rent.  My husband has shared ownership with the local authority, so it is both own and rent but I can only select one of them. This is where a paper version would be easy because I could write both with an explanation.  How would you answer?
Do you have any other reason for wanting to stay in the UK?

Other than life now in UK there is no other reason.  So I have put that I do not have any other reason. Is this correct?

Sorry this got so long.  :(

Thank you  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:25:03 AM by buffalogirl »

Re: ILR - Documents - Application Questions Help
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
The time for me to submit my application is getting closer now and I am hoping someone can assist me with answering the above questions that I have from the application.

Also, I have now taken and passed The Life in the UK test. Now I'm not sure what to scan to upload with all of the other documents, since all I have received is an email with an unique reference number and when I log onto the website it tells me that I passed. Do I print screen or is there something I am missing?

Thanks for all the help.

Re: ILR - Documents - Application Questions Help
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:15:49 AM »
Also, I have now taken and passed The Life in the UK test. Now I'm not sure what to scan to upload with all of the other documents, since all I have received is an email with an unique reference number and when I log onto the website it tells me that I passed. Do I print screen or is there something I am missing?

I believe the online application should ask for your reference number, so you just type it in.

You can always include the email with your documents if you want to as well.

Re: ILR - Documents/ Application Questions
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »
Do you have any family and friends in country of birth?

The only immediate family member I have is my sister. I have aunts/uncles and cousins but I’m not really in contact with them except on Facebook. Should they be included, and if so how many of them?

As far as friends I have one friend that I am actually in contact with, others would be friends I’ve had in the past but don’t have much contact with any more except a liked post on Facebook. Who should I include?

You should list every single family member and friend you can think of. Start with the closest family members and friends, and work your way through them.

Are you part of any social group or do you have any other cultural ties to country of birth?

My instinct is to answer no to this question, since my social groups have been here for the last 5 years and I didn’t have any real group like church or anything that I belonged to before I moved here.

If you don't have any, that's fine. Just answer No.

Basically, the above questions will only be considered if your visa falls for refusal and they have to decide whether you qualify to stay in the UK under Article 8: Right to Family Life... so they will look at all the family members, friends and social ties you have to your home country to see if you could feasibly return to live there or not.

Have you ever had any of the following?
If I select  – A penalty for driving offence, example disqualification for speeding. It says tell us about fixed penalty notices (example: a speeding or parking ticket) if you’ve received three or more.

I’ve only had one speeding ticket and that was 31 years ago. So should I answer none to the original question?

We have always said that you should disclose everything, but if it's only asking for fixed penalty if you've had 3 or more, then I guess you say No?

You can always explain it in a cover letter.
Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

I am not sure what to do about this one. The only time I have contacted the home office, except for visa applications, was to notify them of change of address. I will have to search to find the letter confirming that or it might have just been an email.

You will not have any Home Office Reference Numbers, so you tick No.

What do they earn?

As stated before I am currently on furlough ( hopefully find out Friday how long that will be the case) should I still answer – the same amount continuously, above financial requirement. As even on 80% of my salary I’m above the £18,600 minimum.

Yes, answer 'same amount continuously, above the financial requirement'. If you don't answer with that, it seems the application form takes that to mean you are applying under Category B, which is not the case.

Annual income before tax?

Do I put my contract salary or multiply my lowest pay since furlough and multiply that by 12?

You put your contract base salary, as listed on your employer letter. They will check this number with your employer letter, the base salary on your payslips, and your job contract.

I have worked for the same employer since 2016 however they changed their name in summer 2019. Can I still say yes that I have worked for the same employer, and include the letter with the name change in the documents?

Yes. You just said it yourself: you have worked for the same employer since 2016.

Your employer letter should confirm that you have worked for them since 2016 and should also explain their name change.

Do you own or rent?

Not sure how to answer – I own – I rent – Neither own or rent.  My husband has shared ownership with the local authority, so it is both own and rent but I can only select one of them. This is where a paper version would be easy because I could write both with an explanation.  How would you answer?

You own.

Do you have any other reason for wanting to stay in the UK?

Other than life now in UK there is no other reason.  So I have put that I do not have any other reason. Is this correct?

You should think of any and all reasons that you wish to remain living in the UK.

For example:
- family members
- any children you have
- any children your sponsor has from a previous relationship
- your and/or your spouse's career
- healthcare access
- property ownership
- your social ties in the UK
etc.

Your answer to this question will be considered in the case that your visa falls for refusal and UKVI have to decide whether or not you should be allowed to stay in the UK... this will be looked at along with your answers regarding your family/friends/social ties in the US.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 12:07:43 PM »
Thank you again for all your help ksand24.

I will updated my application with your helpful answers and hopefully there won't be any more questions.

:)

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 01:38:53 PM »
Again thank you so much for the information ksand24.

Based on your answer to put that we own, even though it is shared ownership. Should I leave out the rental agreement that I had planned on including with the documents I upload?

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
In the process of scanning my documents and need to know if I should include the rental agreement with my uploaded documents or not? I am putting we own, since we have shared ownership.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
In the process of scanning my documents and need to know if I should include the rental agreement with my uploaded documents or not? I am putting we own, since we have shared ownership.
I really don’t know, I’m afraid, as I don’t think I’ve advised anyone who has had shared ownership before.

I assume you would need to include it as evidence of your monthly accommodation costs.

So you’re showing:
- mortgage payment
- rent payment
- council tax payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »
Thanks ksand24.

I'm going to include a short letter clarifying that it is shared ownership and that is why I have included both mortgage statement and lease agreement.

Thanks for all of you help, this process would be so much more stressful without the help provided by this forum. I will be submitting the application today and then just waiting for the result.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab