Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Decent clumping cat litter  (Read 5977 times)

• Liked: 248
Re: Decent clumping cat litter
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 12:23:40 PM »
We have five (!) cats.  We had seven but two have now gone over the rainbow bridge (and I miss them).  The cat litter we have used for the last 12 plus years is:

Cat's Best By Oko plus    manufactured in Germany,    order through Amazon, Pets at Home, Zooplus etc

We tried (I'm beginning to sound like an advert) lots of different cat litter but this clumps fast, low odour, and really controls nasty niffs.   It is a bit more expensive - but also lasts longer so works out the same, if not better, than other cat litter.

Our five are indoor/outdoor cats.  We have the garden enclosed so they can't go anywhere else (and no visiting cat can make a surprise visit).  This also means they have access to the great outdoor cat box that Mother Nature provided.  They have free access to our laundry room where their beds, food and cat litter is, and are allowed into the rest of the house when they demand.  In the good weather they can be found outside in the sun, a pair of sunglasses perched on their heads, a Pina Colada in paw, taking in the rays.

I don't want you to think they are pampered pusses!

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 12:34:57 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cute!  :D

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
We bought the unit from Ikea and then added the boxes.  The picture shows it when we first put the boxes in - not in the laundry room which is what we bought it for.  The cats immediately settled into it.

Yes - Cats in Flats!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »
We bought the unit from Ikea and then added the boxes.  The picture shows it when we first put the boxes in - not in the laundry room which is what we bought it for.  The cats immediately settled into it.

Yes - Cats in Flats!

It reminds me of this. :) https://www.willowsanimals.com/adoptionCatHotel.html?fbclid=IwAR3FRC7H5R4TA4cZz1h0S0xR3Dop22wjR3jv1rsEMXvZcW6BDpkf8B5R_2w

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »
Cat Hotel - fabulous!

• Liked: 33
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 12:35:52 PM »
I’ll look into some of these, thanks for the suggestions. I’m currently using these big pellets similar to what my friend used in her horse stalls, lol.

You are right Larrabee—I have gotten grief for keeping Mr. Kitty indoors! My MIL, in particular, thinks that I am cruel and unusual for it. When I first got here, I thought it would be so nice for him to go outside as it’s the norm here. My husband’s previous cat was indoor/outdoor and the cat door is still there. But there are so many lost cat and other sad posts on the neighborhood Facebook that I changed my mind. He’s always been indoors so he has no idea. It’s interesting to me what the norms are in each country. When I adopted him in America, the shelter required me to agree to keep him inside. Here, it seems to be the opposite!

Those boxes look cool, Blossom!

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »
I'm British and so used to the norm being to let a cat roam free.  And I have had a bit of experience with cats over the years.

Unfortunately cats don't go to traffic school and often seem to have this suicidal urge to dash in front of cars instead of away from them.  Then there are neighbourhood dogs who enjoy the "game" with cats.

When a cat is used to going out then it can be very noisy to try and keep it in.  When the continuous complaining from the cat becomes too much they are often allowed out so peace and quiet can return to the home.  Our garden is enclosed (and you can enclose the smallest of outside spaces) for our benefit as well as the cats.  Five of them demanding attention (and we used to have 7) can be a bit overwhelming. 

Mr Kitty is a house cat.  He is used to being in the house.  It would actually be cruel to let him roam the neighbourhood.  Instead he is a loved and pampered part of the family who enjoys his home comforts. 

You are doing the right thing - for Mr Kitty's sake and also for your own peace of mind. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab