Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What's up with the burgers/ground beef over here?  (Read 2212 times)

• Liked: 10
What's up with the burgers/ground beef over here?
« on: May 16, 2020, 01:14:51 AM »
I've tried making burgers out of fresh ground beef from a few stores over here and it tastes very strange. I've tried different lean percentages and it still tastes very off. I've tried meat from Tesco, Aldi, and Asda.

I've had some burgers from pubs/restaurants too and a lot of them have that strange taste and a sort of pale color. Does anyone know of any store that sells good ground beef for burgers? (that's assuming other people feel the same as me. If not please ignore..)

• Liked: 957
Re: What's up with the burgers/ground beef over here?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 01:33:28 AM »
It's probably because most of the beef is pasture raised here and has higher quality than in the US. Burgers in shops will without a doubt be a lot of filler, just like the sausages here are never just spices and meat in a casing. My caveat is I can't eat much beef due to the iron content and ate fresh from the farmer back in the US so I'd adapted to the flavour already. I make my burgers out of turkey and pork mince, but I honestly like the flavour more than beef. If I am allowed to sneak a serving because my levels are good, I have a nice juicy steak!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
Re: What's up with the burgers/ground beef over here?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
I've tried making burgers out of fresh ground beef from a few stores over here and it tastes very strange. I've tried different lean percentages and it still tastes very off. I've tried meat from Tesco, Aldi, and Asda.

I've had some burgers from pubs/restaurants too and a lot of them have that strange taste and a sort of pale color. Does anyone know of any store that sells good ground beef for burgers? (that's assuming other people feel the same as me. If not please ignore..)
Mince here is GROSS and it is because it is grassfed. Also, premade patties and restaurant burgers have lots of binders in them. They are more like meatloaf burgers.

So I buy the highest fat mince I can and I buy marrow bones. I scrape the marrow out of the bones and mix it with my mince. I will also do a pork mince/beef burger.

I'm actually going to grind my own mince today out of ribeye. I have hope for that one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links