Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American with an American Food Truck  (Read 5050 times)

• Southern American Food Truck
  • Liked: 2
American with an American Food Truck
« on: May 26, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »
Hey Y'all!  Haven't really posted in the Welcome Wagon but have been a member for a while, but was just too busy to participate often.  BUT with all this social distancing, my food truck events mostly cancelled for the summer, I have a bit more time on my hands.  So thought I'd say "Hi"  I'm from South Carolina and currently live in Hertfordshire, been in the UK on and off for most of my adult life.   Hoping to be more involved!

• Liked: 585
Re: American with an American Food Truck
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:07:09 AM »
Hey Y'all!  Haven't really posted in the Welcome Wagon but have been a member for a while, but was just too busy to participate often.  BUT with all this social distancing, my food truck events mostly cancelled for the summer, I have a bit more time on my hands.  So thought I'd say "Hi"  I'm from South Carolina and currently live in Hertfordshire, been in the UK on and off for most of my adult life.   Hoping to be more involved!

So, tell us about your American food truck!!!  :o  ;)
(we are very interested in food on this forum!)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:29:10 AM »
Fooooooood truck!  We need a menu!   ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »
I know!  Food is everything you miss and brings back so many memories!  The first time I made dressing at Thanksgiving, I cried because suddenly I was home!  And I'm just going to lay this here... DILL PICKLES!  But thanks for asking...  Our usual menu is Southern Cheese Steak - marinated steak sliced thin with pimento cheese, caramelized onions on a soft 7" roll with choice of BBQ sauces and southern slaw.  Soul Smothered Chicken - pan fried chicken cooked in a sage and onion gravy served either over a biscuit or fries.  Mac n Cheese with optional bacon sprinkles. Biscuits n Gravy. And the Angela  a wrap of roasted spiced pecans, crumbled tofu, lettuce, carrots, beets and y'all come back sauce.  And some sides.

It feels a little weird typing it out, haha I say it so many times a day, not to mention explaining the difference between a biscuit and a scone!  I was just going to attach a photo of it but clicking on the "attachments and other options" nothing seems to happen.

looking forward to being part of everything!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
Oh yum!

Yeah, the site is weird for photos.  When I load a photo, I do it through the app Tapatalk. 

Where do you usually take your truck?

We had a time at work two summers ago where the cafe on site closed so they had food trucks come (not every day of the week).  They are catching on in the UK and certain ones would generate huge lines!  There is a pizza guy that I swear drove straight over from Italy who made pizza to die for!!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 10:40:20 AM »
Why did I click on this thread?  I'm drooling.  When this is all over, if you fancy an epic road trip, please take your American food truck to the Highlands!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »
Why did I click on this thread?  I'm drooling.  When this is all over, if you fancy an epic road trip, please take your American food truck to the Highlands!

I'm pretty sure, for us regulars, it was the first unread thread we ALL click on today.  FOOOOOOOD TRUCK!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 11:32:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure, for us regulars, it was the first unread thread we ALL click on today.  FOOOOOOOD TRUCK!

Can confirm.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 04:06:44 PM »
I'm in!  You don't need to drive that truck anywhere, I'll come to you.  Next holiday sorted. 

• Liked: 957
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 06:34:48 PM »
That sounds like some tasty food! How do the biscuits go down?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 11:03:21 PM »
Yes! FOOOOD TRRRUUCKKKK

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »
Oh yum!

Yeah, the site is weird for photos.  When I load a photo, I do it through the app Tapatalk. 

Where do you usually take your truck?

We had a time at work two summers ago where the cafe on site closed so they had food trucks come (not every day of the week).  They are catching on in the UK and certain ones would generate huge lines!  There is a pizza guy that I swear drove straight over from Italy who made pizza to die for!!

Wow! so many questions!!  I am mostly around Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, but have been known to make longer trips for special occassions!  There is some great pizza trucks out there!  My favourite is a guy from Italy's son!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 05:12:32 PM »
That sounds like some tasty food! How do the biscuits go down?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

::) Well.... I literally have to explain the difference between biscuits and scones at least twice a day when I'm trading.  And I usually sell out of biscuits n gravy, but I don't take too many portions.  My best reaction was "They are everything I had ever hoped they would be!"  NO ONE has eaten them and said "these aren't my thing"  Although sometimes folks can't get their head around them.  I've got folks who travel 20 miles for them.  The biscuits n gravy and my South Carolina BBQ sauce are the two things most British people are blown away - never had anything like that before!  But my daughter said to me "If you are a Southern Food Truck, you HAVE to serve Biscuits n Gravy"  and she's not wrong.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 05:38:01 PM »
::) Well.... I literally have to explain the difference between biscuits and scones at least twice a day when I'm trading.  And I usually sell out of biscuits n gravy, but I don't take too many portions.  My best reaction was "They are everything I had ever hoped they would be!"  NO ONE has eaten them and said "these aren't my thing"  Although sometimes folks can't get their head around them.  I've got folks who travel 20 miles for them.  The biscuits n gravy and my South Carolina BBQ sauce are the two things most British people are blown away - never had anything like that before!  But my daughter said to me "If you are a Southern Food Truck, you HAVE to serve Biscuits n Gravy"  and she's not wrong.
Omg im drooling. Please just park at my house

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 424
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Omg im drooling. Please just park at my house

Noooooo, MY house!

Sponsored Links