Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance visa restrictions  (Read 3838 times)

• British Citizen, American Fiance
  • Liked: 0
Fiance visa restrictions
« on: June 06, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
My mind wandered off without supervision, and came out with a (perhaps unusual) visa based question.  :P

As my man will be under a Fiance visa when we marry in Northern Ireland, would he be allowed to honeymoon out of state?
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance visa restrictions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »
In the past, it wasn’t possible to honeymoon outside the UK after the wedding but before applying for FLR(M), because you might not be allowed back in again as you would no longer be a fiancé.

However, a few years ago, the guidance was changed and now you CAN leave the UK for a honeymoon with a fiancé visa, as long as you have your marriage certificate with you and can show intention to apply for FLR(M) before the fiancé visa expires.

Screenshot from page 29 of this document:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/889361/family-life-_as-a-partner-or-parent_-private-life-and-exceptional-circumstances-v8.0-gov-uk.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
That's good to know, thanks.  :)

It wasn't a big issue if not, we just would've honeymooned after he had his spousal visa.
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

Spousal Visa Restrictions
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
If we marry in AZ, do the same rules apply to him honeymooning in the UK whilst his spousal visa is in progress?
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 08:44:44 PM »
If we marry in AZ, do the same rules apply to him honeymooning in the UK whilst his spousal visa is in progress?
He has to send his passport to New York while his visa is processing (so that they can issue his 30-day visa vignette into his passport), so he won’t be able to leave the US during that time.

The only way for him to keep his passport while the visa is processing is to pay an extra $2,000 on top of the visa fee for Settlement Premium Processing.

Though it’s a little unclear as to whether it’s okay to enter the UK as a visitor on the passport while he has a UK visa application pending.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »
He has to send his passport to New York while his visa is processing (so that they can issue his 30-day visa vignette into his passport), so he won’t be able to leave the US during that time.

The only way for him to keep his passport while the visa is processing is to pay an extra $2,000 on top of the visa fee for Settlement Premium Processing.

Though it’s a little unclear as to whether it’s okay to enter the UK as a visitor on the passport while he has a UK visa application pending.

Ok. A local honeymoon within Arizona it will be then.
At least that's one less decision for us to make!   ;)

I've gotta find a bright side, else I'd cry.  :P
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »
You could marry, honeymoon outside the USA, and then apply for the visa.

Or you could marry in the US, apply, and honeymoon in the USA as he won’t need need a passport for US travel.  The US has so many beautiful places.  I’d kill to go to Hawaii!

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »
You could marry, honeymoon outside the USA, and then apply for the visa.

Or you could marry in the US, apply, and honeymoon in the USA as he won’t need need a passport for US travel.  The US has so many beautiful places.  I’d kill to go to Hawaii!

I was only thinking of applying straight after as it's the shortest time frame. But money will be a huge factor, and FH is an anxious flyer.

I've become a lot more aware and realistic about the financial aspects of everything now, and I think things will be tight. Having said that, I've never lived alone and worked full time before so I'm not used to having thousands in my bank account. Not that I will likely see that much before I have to give it away for rent and bills.  ::)

I do want to set up a savings account, but the interest rates are a joke. Plus over in Ireland, you have to pay for your account anyway. I should look into that, as they may be free in Northern Ireland, though I suspect not.
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab