Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changes to Settlement Visa Requirements during Covid-19  (Read 2295 times)

• Liked: 3595
Changes to Settlement Visa Requirements during Covid-19
« on: June 14, 2020, 10:03:20 AM »
UKVI have updated their guidance for immigration applications during Covid-19, which includes a few changes regarding meeting the requirements for fiance/spousal/FLR/ILR applications:

If you’re applying to enter the UK or remain on the basis of family or private life
There are temporary concessions in place if you’re unable to meet the requirements of the family Immigration Rules to enter or remain in the UK due to coronavirus.

If you’re unable to travel back to the UK due to coronavirus travel restrictions and your leave has expired, a short break in continuous residence will be overlooked. You are expected to make your next application as soon as possible.

Fiancés, fiancées or proposed civil partners
If you’re here with 6 months’ leave as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and your wedding or civil ceremony has been delayed due to coronavirus you can either request an extension until 31 July 2020 by updating your records with the Coronavirus Immigration Team, or apply to extend your stay for a further 6 months to allow the ceremony to take place.

Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you have experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.

If you’re unable to provide specified documents
In some cases, we will be able to decide your application without seeing certain specified documents if you cannot get them due to coronavirus. Otherwise, you may be asked to submit the specified documents after the date of application.

Changes to the English language requirement
If you’re asked to take an English language test as part of your application, you can apply for an exemption if the test centre was closed or you couldn’t travel to it due to coronavirus when you applied.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 10:48:43 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Changes to Settlement Visa Requirements during Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
They have a heart!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
That's great news. I'm sure there will be much relief!  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 11:02:18 AM »
I'm glad for this. I'd written to my MP with concerns about the financial requirements, I never got a response but I'm very relieved that families won't be split up over this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 11:17:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad they finally published something official.

I figured they would probably allow some leeway, since no one had a choice in this, but I'm pleased they actually addressed it.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 02:01:28 PM »
I wish they made a change to the job offer for a UK spouse if applying from abroad. I know once we are both in the UK we can find work but it's hard to get an offer the other side of the pond.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
I wish they made a change to the job offer for a UK spouse if applying from abroad. I know once we are both in the UK we can find work but it's hard to get an offer the other side of the pond.
That absolutely is not a guarantee right now :( Many UK citizens are also out of work or unable to meet the income requirements to bring over a spouse.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 12:25:03 PM »
Thanks for this.( hello again OP you helped me loads a few years back!)  I have read this and read it and read it. I am currently assembling my ILR and am so concerned about the financial aspect as it’s still up to their discretion. I’m going to make a post of my own about the current situation I’m in.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab