Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: We are going back  (Read 3600 times)

• Magic is all around you, you just have to look....
    • Design site
  • Liked: 60
We are going back
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »
First, wanted to thank everyone on this board that answered questions when we first did the spouse visa going to the UK. It was approved quickly and easily. However, our transition to life here has not. Unfortunately, we have made the choice to go back to the US. We were kicking ourselves for not extending hubby's green card for an extended stay out of the US, but alas, we had hoped the move over here was permanent. We have filed our I-130 through the DCF process before the consulate closed in March. Now it is just a waiting game for when each step can be done.
Even when life seems at it's most dark and despairing.. there is within the power to make change.

Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 1 March 2019
Documents uploaded: 1 March 2019
Docs Sent to NY: 1 March 2019
Docs Received in NY: 4 March 2019
"Application Is Being Prepared for ECO" Email: 11 March 2019
Decision Made Email Received: 1 April 2019
Visa Received:2 April 2019 YES!

• Liked: 4985
Re: We are going back
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »
I’m sorry things haven’t worked out.  Do you mind if I ask why?

I often think we should move to the US, but I fear that I am out of touch with America now (been here 10 years).  I know it’s not the same country I left...  but I still think about it.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »
Sorry to hear that things didn’t work out as planned. Good luck with the move back.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:29:32 PM »
Good luck with your move home! I'm in the position I know I am here til citizenship, but I would also happily not live in this country any more. Hoping the next election in the US improves things with healthcare so I feel safer relying on employer sponsored plans again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Design site
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »
I’m sorry things haven’t worked out.  Do you mind if I ask why?

I often think we should move to the US, but I fear that I am out of touch with America now (been here 10 years).  I know it’s not the same country I left...  but I still think about it.

It's hard to put a finger on just one thing. Our original reason for coming back was to help hubby's mum, which we were able to do. But between the nanny state (i much prefer big brother), to the passive aggressiveness I see all the time, to the way houses are structured here, we aren't happy. Hubby said things have gone downhill since he left and isn't happy where the country stands. Plus, we miss the routine we had back in the states, the income potential we had (I can't find worthwhile work where we live currently beyond a call center), the house we had and I miss being close to my eldest son and daughter in law and grandson.

I wanted to love it here, but I just don't. However, it did show us what means the most to us for how we want to live. So that is a good thing. Neither of us regrets the move over (minus the horrid fees spent to get here lol), but at least now we know what we want for our lives going forward. Thankfully, I should be able to get back into my old employer and hubby (at the very least) was able to pursue getting into IT while we've been here.
Even when life seems at it's most dark and despairing.. there is within the power to make change.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
It's great that the move showed you clearly where you would like to be.  :)

Best of luck on your return.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 03:30:09 PM »
It's hard to put a finger on just one thing. Our original reason for coming back was to help hubby's mum, which we were able to do. But between the nanny state (i much prefer big brother), to the passive aggressiveness I see all the time, to the way houses are structured here, we aren't happy. Hubby said things have gone downhill since he left and isn't happy where the country stands. Plus, we miss the routine we had back in the states, the income potential we had (I can't find worthwhile work where we live currently beyond a call center), the house we had and I miss being close to my eldest son and daughter in law and grandson.

I wanted to love it here, but I just don't. However, it did show us what means the most to us for how we want to live. So that is a good thing. Neither of us regrets the move over (minus the horrid fees spent to get here lol), but at least now we know what we want for our lives going forward. Thankfully, I should be able to get back into my old employer and hubby (at the very least) was able to pursue getting into IT while we've been here.

Thank you for sharing!

I hope you are able to get back quickly and settle back into your routine. 

• Design site
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
We actually just got our I-130 approval in the mail today. Took them 2 weeks to approve based on the letter.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab