Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tax return quandary  (Read 474 times)

• Liked: 24
Tax return quandary
« on: June 22, 2020, 07:33:17 PM »
Hi all

My husband (Tre) moved from Texas to Manchester early in October 2019. Prior to that he held down two jobs in the US (Chick-fil-A and Walmart). I'm used to doing UK tax returns, but in his case he hadn't earned below the income tax threshold by the end of March (he did some seasonal work for TKMaxx before Xmas, and they then took him on very few hours after Xmas). Therefore we're not sure what the simplest way to do the taxes is, and this is compounded by the fact that we're trying to get info from Walmart (I think Tre is asking them for a W2?, but it might be something else?). He's emailed his old boss but has had no reply, obviously the whole Covid19 thing could be a factor in that but we're now concerned because the revised July 15 deadline is approaching.

Can anyone give us a simple roadmap to getting done what we need to? What's the best option for us?

Really appreciate any guidance
Greg and Tre
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 716
Re: Tax return quandary
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:28:07 PM »
He can file for an extension while he is trying to get his W2. If he has his last pay-slip that should have his earnings to date and the tax paid so he can file with some confidence it is correct.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab