Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Freebies  (Read 2159 times)

• Liked: 676
Freebies
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:48:32 AM »
We are cleaning out our "stash" of baking supplies. If anyone wants these items please let me know by the 30th of this month.  I already have a few boxes ready to send to Refuweegee, but thought I'd see if anyone here wanted any of this other stuff since some of it is not easy to get here. Some of it may have a recently passed "best by" date, but should still be usable. (Some is Bob's Red Mill, most is organically grown.)

Blackstrap molasses
Vital wheat gluten flour
plain white flour (small bag)
oat flour
almond flour
almond flour fine
coconut flour
onion powder (250g)
garlic powder (250g)
blue poppyseeds
dried fruit - a few small packs, currants, golden raisins, mixed, etc
Doves' quick yeast
toasted sesame oil

We also have several items that we had repackaged so they can't be donated to charity. They are currently in zip-lock bags. If you want them, please let me know.

Semolina flour
shelled sunflower seeds (quite a lot)
flaked coconut
oatmeal
Bob's Red Mill almond flour
some variety of dark raisins

And, I have several small jars of Jif crunchy peanut butter with an expired "best by" date. We've still been opening and using from this stash and they have been just fine.

We can come to an arrangement to cover the cost of shipping - probably a donation to a charity - if any of this floats your boat.

Re: Freebies - extra groceries, electricals
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
I also have quite a lot of Italian Seasoning (a mix of oregano and other spices) that we had sent over. It's quite good. I don't dare take it on the plane, as it looks very much like weed.  ;D Especially since I've got it portioned out into several baggies. 

Have not heard back from Refuweegee yet. We had stopped in their storefront two weeks ago and they said they wanted everything, but it's too much to carry over by hand so hopefully they (or some other charity) can take it. I would hate to have to throw that much usable food away in the dumpster. Anyone know of another local Glasgow charity that might come get it all, in case this one flakes?

Also, I will have a waffle iron, and ironing iron, a mini-ironing iron, and a toaster to give away. Having had hell with trying to find a charity that would take "electricals" in the past, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone wanted them. The waffle iron and toaster are red. The ironing iron is a little persnickety, but works - we got it dumpster diving out back of our flats. (Someone else probably had the same problem with finding a new home for it.) The electricals will be available in a few weeks. The food can go at any time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:04:22 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 957
Re: Freebies
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:50 PM »
I wish I could take the waffle iron, but I'd probably miss gluten and make myself sick.

You should see if Olio is an active app in your area! I would totally take some of the Italian Seasoning, and any other seasonings that are GF, but I have a feeling if you post it up on Olio it'll get snapped up by locals with no postage. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 05:08:07 PM »
Requires a smart phone.

I have a box of stuff. Unless otherwise noted, they all came from Frontier Co-op. Perhaps you could take what you wished out of the box and then send the remainder (if any) on to someone else who might want it.  They are all top-quality spices.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »
Requires a smart phone.

I have a box of stuff. Unless otherwise noted, they all came from Frontier Co-op. Perhaps you could take what you wished out of the box and then send the remainder (if any) on to someone else who might want it.  They are all top-quality spices.
That would work! Hang onto it until you're closer to moving of course. I can send you postage by bank transfer or PayPal :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
I kept enough back to hold us.  We used to have it shipped over in the bulk packages, and then transfer it to smaller ones. As we'll probably be gone by two months from now, we should have plenty of all we need.

Just make a donation to a charity towards the postage. Let me know when you have and I'll get this out to you.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
Just a FYI on donating food. I tried three different charitable entities I found online. (Email, twitter, phone.) None, in a week, responded. So I contacted my local MSP's office and within an hour someone contacted me back. They are coming by today to take all the food (and some toys) to the local food bank for us. Happy ending, then. (I wonder if they'll enjoy the Lipton Onion Soup mix, Newman's Own salad dressings, etc., or think it "odd"?)  8)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »
Just a FYI on donating food. I tried three different charitable entities I found online. (Email, twitter, phone.) None, in a week, responded. So I contacted my local MSP's office and within an hour someone contacted me back. They are coming by today to take all the food (and some toys) to the local food bank for us. Happy ending, then. (I wonder if they'll enjoy the Lipton Onion Soup mix, Newman's Own salad dressings, etc., or think it "odd"?)  8)

Oh, @Nan D. .. I didn't notice the Lipton Onion Soup mix.. my husband loves that to make dip with... is there any chance you could send what you have our way?

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »
Retrieved it from the donation bags for you. :)  See PM.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
Also have a big bag (unopened) of raw almonds if you want them. Shall I add those to your box?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 02:50:05 PM »
Retrieved it from the donation bags for you. :)  See PM.

Thank you! He is very happy!

Also have a big bag (unopened) of raw almonds if you want them. Shall I add those to your box?

Sure., that would be great. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab