Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finding Jobs in Scotland  (Read 1552 times)

• Liked: 2
Finding Jobs in Scotland
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:03:13 PM »
Hello!

My husband is originally from Scotland, but has been working in the US for the last 5 years in Finance/Accounting. We are hoping to move back to Scotland with me on a spouse visa if he is able to acquire a job over there.

We are aware this is a pretty difficult task, applying from abroad, during a looming recession and global pandemic, however, we'd still like to try. Does anyone have any advice on where to go searching? We are realizing most companies are really focused on UK post-graduate qualifications, which he does not have since he was in America (although, he has some really great experience). Also, is there any way to not scare off potential employers with the fact that he would be coming from the US?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Liked: 957
Re: Finding Jobs in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:09:15 PM »
Right now most recruitment agencies have furloughed all of their staff. I would recommend setting up job alerts on indeed and keeping an eye on LinkedIn, network with any college friends etc. There are significantly fewer jobs right now with a whole lot more people looking so it's difficult for everyone. Also, make sure the UK qualifications for any of those roles are current and featured prominently on the CV.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
I have a lot of connections but they are in England.

Best for him to start applying via LinkedIn or Total Jobs.

Does he have UK accountancy qualifications?  CIMA?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
S1 Jobs, Linked In, Glassdoor, Indeed

If if can put on the top of CV that he's a British Citizen ,that will help, even if it's obvious in qualifications ,etc
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links