Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1711 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi everyone
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:38:28 PM »
Me (UKC) / GC holder and my wife (USC) have been married and living in the US for over 3 years. We are expecting our first child in a few months time and would like to relocate to the UK later this year or early next year to be closer to family. We plan to get our babys birth registered in the UK also so they can obtain their British passport.

We know the process of moving back though would like to learn more about others experiences of moving back and have an outlet to ask questions and to receive advice on the process or just the experiences in general. Fortunately, my wife absolutely loves the UK and has always wanted to move there, everytime we visit we always discuss the idea of moving back. Before we got married unfortunately I did not meet the MIR requirement to bring my fiance at the time to the UK so I moved across the pond and we have been living together for over 3 years now and about to embark on a new journey with our first child.  :D

Our reasons for moving back are to be closer to family and for the overall cost of living and way of life. We have good jobs here in the US though we would like to raise our child in the UK knowing we have the support of family at the drop of a hat if required and miss the network of family and friends we have there. My wife has a very small family down south and we currently live up North. We know this potential relocation is going to be permanent due to how exhausting it can be to pickup move, build a new network of friends, find a job etc.

I am very glad to found this site for those looking to move to the UK, we both know it will be very helpful. (I found a similar site though it was for Brits emigrating)

Thank you again 
:)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:52:35 PM by MountyPaw »

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:06:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Sponsored Links