Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current New York to London to New York travel...?  (Read 9258 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Current New York to London to New York travel...?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »

We have had great service from the NHS since we returned in 2016 and my wife has also had a telephone appointment with her GP, scheduled at a particular date and time last year, when hands on was not required. I look forward to the next stage of video appointments although I was called for my annual heart check and blood work 2 weeks ago which was done under the new Covid protection scheme, don’t enter more than 5 minutes before appointment etc. Very well organized.

Gosh I hope its that organised when I have to go for mine. There's been no line when going for routine bloods but the fracture clinic/xray followup made me feel so unsafe being stuck inside with other patients for hours. NHS Scotland is also different than NHS England. I recently read another story about "the death star" where Nan lives that was completely horrifying. I've come to accept that until I can afford private care/find a job with it I will have the bare minimum that keeps me alive vs functioning well, the NHS just isn't set up for chronic issues beyond the big ones (heart disease, cancer, lung disease, diabetes). Its a post code lottery for everything else! Right now a lot of private doctors are running at a reduced capacity too, if you need a phone/video consult it's fine, but if not it'll be more difficult to be seen. Hopefully OP is able to get an appointment quickly after their quarantine though.

• Liked: 248
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 12:18:07 PM »
Quote:

“ Hey, a$$hole, I pay just as much tax to the UK as every other British citizen, so you ought to just keep your fcuking Tory immigrant-hating mouth shut and go fcuk yourself“

Is there no other way to disagree with someone? 

Does this show respect for another person’s point of view?

I appreciate it was a response to a perceived personal attack but I don’t feel there was a need for the aggression and language.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 12:29:49 PM »
Quote:

“ Hey, a$$hole, I pay just as much tax to the UK as every other British citizen, so you ought to just keep your fcuking Tory immigrant-hating mouth shut and go fcuk yourself“

Is there no other way to disagree with someone? 

Does this show respect for another person’s point of view?

I appreciate it was a response to a perceived personal attack but I don’t feel there was a need for the aggression and language.

Soooo much background. Camosoto is not the bad guy here, believe it or not.  He’s a long time UK resident, works hard, pays his taxes, contributes so much to the economy and community.  Yet Sirius makes snap judgements on people that could NOT be further from the truth.  I’ve been on the other end of her and it’s not cool.  Like really really not cool.

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2020, 12:39:39 PM »
I appreciate your response but I am not taking sides and think it perfectly reasonable to respond to a personal attack.

But ......

The comment was very aggressive and the language was offensive.

Can we  do away with good or bad guys and just have people disagreeing, but respecting, each other.

Yes, I am old fashioned.

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2020, 12:46:08 PM »
KFdancer - I’m wearing my peacemaker hat on and singing Cum Bayah - even though I don’t know how to spell it and have let my laptop spell it for me.

• Liked: 716
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »

Gosh I hope its that organised when I have to go for mine. There's been no line when going for routine bloods but the fracture clinic/xray followup made me feel so unsafe being stuck inside with other patients for hours. NHS Scotland is also different than NHS England. I recently read another story about "the death star" where Nan lives that was completely horrifying. I've come to accept that until I can afford private care/find a job with it I will have the bare minimum that keeps me alive vs functioning well, the NHS just isn't set up for chronic issues beyond the big ones (heart disease, cancer, lung disease, diabetes). Its a post code lottery for everything else! Right now a lot of private doctors are running at a reduced capacity too, if you need a phone/video consult it's fine, but if not it'll be more difficult to be seen. Hopefully OP is able to get an appointment quickly after their quarantine though.

I do have private insurance which kicks in if the waiting list is longer than 6 weeks but so far so good, I can always get a GP appointment same day and the 2 ops I have had, removal and testing of 3 suspicious moles, plus a heart ablation to fix my AFib have been very timely.  The insurance comes with 5 GP video appointments / year so I did one a year or so ago, it worked well except the doc said that a physical exam was needed so I ended up going to see my GP next day anyway. 

All my medical history is available online with the NHS, I registered for online access as soon as we arrived in 2016, and I have had several blood tests  done this last couple of years which have never failed to be available online the following day so I've never needed to call, which would have only ever have given an "okay" message as opposed to being able to view all the results alongside expected normal ranges.

Maybe the NHS App will available in Scotland some time soon.

https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-app/

Who is it suitable for?
To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England.

How does it work?
Use the NHS App to:

get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice and medical help near you
view your medical record – securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
register to be an organ donor – chose to donate some or all your organs and check your registered decision
find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
If your GP surgery or hospital offers other services in the NHS App, you may be able to:

message your GP surgery, doctor or health professional online
consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
access health services on behalf of someone you care for
view your hospital and other healthcare appointments
view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:36:42 PM by durhamlad »
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »
KFdancer - I’m wearing my peacemaker hat on and singing Cum Bayah - even though I don’t know how to spell it and have let my laptop spell it for me.

I get it. And love a peacemaker! 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2020, 04:12:59 PM »
I don't even know how to mod this, can only lock it and don't want to do that.   

Please remember there are a real people on the other end of the screen reading replies and we never know what someone's own circumstances are in real life. Please stop the personal attacks. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »
Hey, a$$hole, I pay just as much tax to the UK as every other British citizen,

Out of interest, I looked back at posts and that is not what you have said.  You don't pay much taxes  as you have made the job you do, a limited company, which will be low to no taxes to the UK. I also read that you arrived in the UK in your late 50s; you were on a Tier 1 General visa that you could not extend for anothe 2.5 years to reach ILR (that needed an income of 30K? 35K?) and switched to a spouse visa for 7.5 years to ILR. You aslo said you have health issues (which I have seen others on here say would bankrupt people in your country) and you have thanked somebody who was annoyed about the  UK’s welfare cuts.

so you ought to just keep your fcuking Tory immigrant-hating mouth shut and go fcuk yourself.

It's interesting that you think it is the immigrants who are the ones taking from the NHS and not paying in.

This is the UK; only the elderly tend to vote for the same political party year after year and the rest of us are floating voters.

However, your angry reference to the Tories is also interesting as that seem to indicate you think that a Labour government will be the answer to whatever you want? What are you expecting to be given?

For Welfare payments, the Welfare Reform Acts (laws) were been instigated by the last Labour government and continued by all the other governments until they were made law.  One of those Labour MPs who did so much on these welfare reforms to replace 6 low income benefits low (benefits like Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits) with the new benefit called Universal Credit, has just been made a Lord: a highly respected MP across parties.

One of the major welfare changes is aimed at the self employed parent asking for low income benefits, claiming that they work 16/30 hours a week while stating they earn less than the UK national hourly minimum wage; these will get less benefit money. Another change being that as many women go back to work for employers when their children are age one, it is unfair to ask these (amongst others) to also pay for the children who has a parent who does not want to work: under the changes, both parents must now work if they want the Universal Credit benefit.

Other changes under these welfare reforms are aimed at those who marry an older person and want low income benefits. The younger partner now has to work to keep their UK state benefit age partner. The pensions of that older partner will  reduce their Universal Credit benefit claim £ for £, even if they are not taking those pensions.

As for your comments to “go fcuk yourself” it appears that it will be these very people who will now have to work  if they want some means tested benefits.

Labour’s ideas on the NHS was good in parts, but their record on the NHS is not good.

The facts show that for the NHS, the last time there was a Labour government, they privatised areas of the NHS (which is still giving a fantastic return to those investors, being paid  from the budget of the various NHS Trusts).

That Labour government did have some good ideas for the NHS though. They talked about wanted to bring in a, those that use the NHS the most should pay for it and suggested a £35 cost for a GP visit. Many thought this was a good idea as other countries require and fee to visit a GP.

For those who work and pay full taxes, other EU countries do seem to have a better healthcare system as they ensure there is no dodging paying in. The other EU countries have insurance based health services and those self employed and those not employed, have to pay a monthly health insurance fee to that government. One couple being told they need to pay over 1,300 Euros a month, each, to use the German health service as they are not in employment in Germany and they did not have an employer to pay their monthly health fee.

We can compare a Labour run NHS and a Tory run NHS. When last in government, the Labour government gave devolved power to Wales and Scotland as they expected Labour to remain in power in those countries. It didn’t work out for them in Scotland.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14432710.30-billion-the-cost-of-labours-toxic-pfi-legacy-to-scotland/

2010 saw the Labour government voted out and the new coalition government in of Tory and LibDems and this new government immediately ring fenced NHS England from budget cuts. The Labour devolved power in Wales did not ring fence NHS Wales from cuts.  There is plenty on the internet about what followed for the people of Wales, with lots of comments from the Welsh  in the articles, some of whom had to move to England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1965791.stm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cancer-patient-who-moved-england-9433951

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33039327

Although none of this changes what has to happen when too many people expect to take.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:10:37 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Yet Sirius makes snap judgements on people that could NOT be further from the truth. 

Reading the posts are not making snap judgements

I’ve been on the other end of her and it’s not cool.  Like really really not cool.

Sending me a pm about somebody on here who you said was doing something that was that was against the immigration rules and who you should repoort to UKVI ha ha, is "cool" is it?. You then went on to be nice to them on the forum. People come her for help.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:19:02 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »

Sending me a pm about somebody on here who you said was doing something that was that was against the immigration rules and who you should repoort to UKVI ha ha, is "cool" is it?. You then went on to be nice to them on the forum. People come her for help.

I know the people in real life. They are not on the forum.

Sirius, I always have thought you add great value to this forum.  Particularly when people are in need, as you truly understand the benefits mechanism in the UK.

It’s when you insinuate that individuals are not following the rules and are using the system that upsets me.  And when I had to give you the timeline of my life to get you off my back about how unskilled I am. I don’t need your approval for my life in the UK.  Becoming British was a very proud moment for me.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2020, 12:02:19 PM »
Once again we have a Unibomber style rant as a reply from Sirius, giving us all a lecture on a bunch of stuff that nobody was talking about.  One bit did make me laugh out loud:

a limited company, which will be low to no taxes to the UK.
Sirius, do you actually think that a limited company like Comascato and I run pays "low to no taxes"?   Does that mean that every year I've been writing a check to Nigerian fraudsters for £18,000 in corporation tax?  What about a few years ago when my company actually paid more in tax in the UK than FaceBook?

When you wrote that, you either were ignorant of one of the most basic facts about taxes or simply lying.  Either way, it's all a bit sad really.   

I can see why Comascato got angry as this just exemplifies perfectly the Little England Brexit mindset, either pig-ignorant about the facts or wilfully lying with evil intent. Who can't resist a good Fcuk You when that kind of thinking is ruining our adopted country? 

Sponsored Links