Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Headin' That Way!  (Read 1756 times)

• Liked: 1
Headin' That Way!
« on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:49 AM »
Hi Everyone, Greetings & Salutations!

First of all congratulations to the old timers involved with this board,  very established looking, a lot of info I'm trying to peruse!

Me: I'm an old fart (but it's all between your ears I always say) USC married to a UKC. She moved over to the US in 2012, we jumped through all the hoops and she's now a USC as well.

But the deal was,  when I retired,  we'd move to the UK so she could be closer to family including her siblings, kids, and grand-kids. I have 3 kids all in Colorado (although we're currently living in Tennessee where I had moved for work).  None of mine are married and they're pretty mobile, so the move makes sense.

I'm retiring sometime in the summer of 2021. I've been reviewing or trying to figure out what Visa I'll apply for,  timing, costs,  e.t.c.  Showing I can support myself so I won't be a burden on you lot (see, I'm learning the lingo 😜) shouldn't be an issue... my wife has a house there in the greater Manchester area where she's from (she's 100% Manc) (red, before you ask!) etc etc.

So, yeah,  I need pointers,  references,  and war stories. Looking forward to talking with you... who knows what shape this whole pandemic thing will be in by then,  but hey-ho, we march on!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Headin' That Way!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:05:39 AM »
Welcome!  :)

Pop over to the visa forum to get an idea of the experiences of others. It's probably a good idea to start a thread there too so we can help you with the process.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=17.0

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
Welcome!

The good news is when using pensions/social security your income can count towards the financial requirements, and savings is always the easiest route if you have that. So hopefully the financial hurdle that younger couples can struggle with will be easily overcome. :)

I definitely second the suggestion to start a thread in the visa forum, and to keep all the questions you have about your application in there so that everyone can see the advice already given etc. Sometimes people start a new thread for every question and it gets confusing quickly! Enjoy your retirement planning!

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:44:04 PM »
Hey this is a dumb question but the only way i can log in is by using the tapatalk app. If i come to the web site through a browser on my phone... i don't see any way to log in. Where's it hiding?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:51:56 PM »
Ok ok, i found it. The confusion was clicking that menu thing kept saying 'storage cleared' or something which still makes no sense to me, but i noticed the last time some icons appeared on the left.  I had to click on a few of them but found the login.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab