Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travel on FLR which is expiring  (Read 637 times)

• Liked: 15
Travel on FLR which is expiring
« on: July 15, 2020, 12:00:47 PM »
Hi all, we had a holiday booked, which we still plan on taking to UAE leaving on the 7th August.  I’m on a FLR marriage visa and have already submitted for ILR (March 28th this year). 
As I haven’t received my ILR yet and my FLR visa expires before I return to the UK - does anyone know if there is someone I should contact or a form to bring with me so I can get back into the UK as a visa holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 - moved to the UK on a student visa
2002 - 2 year work visa (and met hubby later that year)
2004 - moved w UKC hubby to US
2012 - UKC hubby now a dual national (USC)
Apr 2015 - moved back to UK w DH and two DD

• Liked: 957
Re: Travel on FLR which is expiring
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 12:21:19 PM »
You can contact your MP to see if there is any compassionate circumstance that can expedite your application, but if your visa has expired I don't think you can leave and return. You likely would not be let on the plane. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this position right now as we wait for them to catch up on biometrics. :(

• Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
Ah I thought there was some sort of automatic extension.  I just received, about a week ago) an email advising there is a new biometric system where some can be reused.  So the email said I don’t need to attend a biometric appointment but will be contacted soon about facial recognition.  Not sure if anyone had experience or heard of this new process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 - moved to the UK on a student visa
2002 - 2 year work visa (and met hubby later that year)
2004 - moved w UKC hubby to US
2012 - UKC hubby now a dual national (USC)
Apr 2015 - moved back to UK w DH and two DD

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »
Ah I thought there was some sort of automatic extension.  I just received, about a week ago) an email advising there is a new biometric system where some can be reused.  So the email said I don’t need to attend a biometric appointment but will be contacted soon about facial recognition.  Not sure if anyone had experience or heard of this new process?

Your status is preserved but only as long as you remain in the UK with a pending valid application.
There are a few people discussing the new biometric situation at the moment.
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=98218.0
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=98261.0

Sponsored Links