Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally! A very good hotdog!  (Read 4321 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Finally! A very good hotdog!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
We are also on their vulnerable list and were long standing customers but could not order for several months. I feel your pain and was pretty annoyed with them too.

However, they sell a few things I can't get in most other places, so I'm a bit stuck without a car. Our neighbour (also from the States) would beg me to bring her a supply when I used to work across from a kosher store in Golders Green that carried them. She says she also found those hot dogs at Costco.

If you are near a kosher store, try there (just not on Saturday!).  I believe it's an all beef, kosher product (like Hebrew National). They even snap/pop when you bite into them. They remind me of the hot dogs we used to get at the Jersey Shore at a place called The Windmill...ah....
I decided that I would find alternatives for anything I previously bought from Ocado, anything I can't find will go into the "oh well, I miss it, but I don't need it" pile mentally. I ended up finding more local sources, smaller companies and similar, and not giving money to a corporation that literally decided disabled people don't matter makes me feel a lot better about those choices. I still haven't set foot in a shop since February. You can only vote with your wallet, but I do understand that it's limiting when they have such a big variety! I was so excited to find their selection and to always have my deliveries on time with nearly everything pre-covid, it gave me back so much independence because my husband would only get whatever I put on a shopping list, and that takes away cooking creativity and trying new things. But until they have a new CEO and make a commitment to never repeat those mistakes I'm never buying from them again. There were people literally starving because they didn't have the resources to change stores and their pleas were completely ignored.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:12:11 PM by margo »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »
Please let me know how they compare to the  Herta ones.   :)

I tried the Bunlimited, but didn't like them... they're probably better than the Herta ones though.  I still think my favourites are the mini bockwursts from Lidl.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 02:13:16 PM »
I tried the Bunlimited, but didn't like them... they're probably better than the Herta ones though.  I still think my favourites are the mini bockwursts from Lidl.

When the pandemic is over, I'm going to Lidl to try the Bockwursts.  I'm so annoyed that Lidl only opened days before I had to start shielding.  I went in there once (twice, maybe?) before I couldn't go out anymore.

Was it the flavour, or the texture, that you didn't like about the Bunlimited ones?  I thought they were nice, as far as hotdogs go.  Like, when you want that American hot dog sensation, they fit the bill.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 04:42:03 PM »
When the pandemic is over, I'm going to Lidl to try the Bockwursts.  I'm so annoyed that Lidl only opened days before I had to start shielding.  I went in there once (twice, maybe?) before I couldn't go out anymore.

Was it the flavour, or the texture, that you didn't like about the Bunlimited ones?  I thought they were nice, as far as hotdogs go.  Like, when you want that American hot dog sensation, they fit the bill.

I can't really remember... maybe it was the texture, as i recall feeling like they were more of a 'sausage' than a 'hot dog', if that's not too much a tautology?  :-\\\\

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »
I can't really remember... maybe it was the texture, as i recall feeling like they were more of a 'sausage' than a 'hot dog', if that's not too much a tautology?  :-\\\\

No, that makes sense.  So, now I'm even more keen to try the other ones.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links