Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I-phone plans.  (Read 5989 times)

• Liked: 718
Re: I-phone plans.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »

Jim, first ever smartphone, so all new territory!  :)

Enjoy!!

We resisted having a smartphone for the longest time then eventually bought an iPhone 6 a few years ago. Wonderful.  It immediately replaced several older devices we already had such as digital camera, iPod, car GPS, hand-held hiking GPS, plus it was a much better phone than our old cell phone.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 03:00:31 PM »
Enjoy!!

We resisted having a smartphone for the longest time then eventually bought an iPhone 6 a few years ago. Wonderful.  It immediately replaced several older devices we already had such as digital camera, iPod, car GPS, hand-held hiking GPS, plus it was a much better phone than our old cell phone.

Thanks!  :) There are definitely so many good reasons to have one. Although I have to admit I feel a bit weird having given in after all this time.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 03:07:41 PM »
Thanks!  :) There are definitely so many good reasons to have one. Although I have to admit I feel a bit weird having given in after all this time.
My dad got his first smartphone last year after having an old Nokia-type phone for years... and it’s crazy how quickly he adapted to it. He’s on it all the time now, sending emojis in WhatsApp and posting on FB :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
My dad got his first smartphone last year after having an old Nokia-type phone for years... and it’s crazy how quickly he adapted to it. He’s on it all the time now, sending emojis in WhatsApp and posting on FB :P

Haha!  ;D

• Liked: 718
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »

It was our very good friends who are 12 years older than us and in their 70s at the time who finally shamed us into getting smart phones.  We both had careers in IT so I really don’t know why we  were so resistant to change.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 957
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 06:32:18 PM »
My dad got his first smartphone last year after having an old Nokia-type phone for years... and it’s crazy how quickly he adapted to it. He’s on it all the time now, sending emojis in WhatsApp and posting on FB

My MIL got one in November last year. The first couple months she was at carphone warehouse daily asking questions about how to do things, but now she loves it and uses WhatsApp to share photos of their cat, and I send cat and husband lockdown hair photos to keep her entertained.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
Any advice on cases? I've read/watched loads of reviews but there is no clear winner yet.  Looking for something plain with good drop protection but I don't really want to spend £40 on a Mous.. well, I probably would but I don't like their designs... iPhone 8 body is the same size.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 07:51:36 AM »
Any advice on cases? I've read/watched loads of reviews but there is no clear winner yet.  Looking for something plain with good drop protection but I don't really want to spend £40 on a Mous.. well, I probably would but I don't like their designs... iPhone 8 body is the same size.

I have this one:

My brother recommended it - he's had one for 2 years and is really happy with it. It's very sturdy and fits really well.

I originally ordered a leather folding wallet case for my new phone, because I thought it would be handy to be able to carry my cards in it too, but it was really awkward to use my phone with it on - I couldn't hold the phone with both hands in order to type, because the folding part was too bulky and got in the way.

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
Brilliant, thanks!  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 08:53:48 AM »
Otterbox have really good drop protection. I had a cheaper case on mine and now need to replace the glass. :(

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 10:34:43 AM »
Otterbox have really good drop protection. I had a cheaper case on mine and now need to replace the glass. :(

Oh, no! Thanks for this.. I was thinking wouldn't a screen protector prevent that but of course the back is glass too.

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 06:21:29 AM »
If you haven't already, look into getting a PopSocket for the back of the case. I was resistant to them at first. I thought they were stupid. Then at work they were giving them out so I thought "Fine, its free. I'll put it on and see what its about. I can take it off if I don't like it." OMG it was a life changer. Instead of having to use both hands to hold the phone, two of your fingers slide around the popsocket and you feel SO MUCH more in control of not dropping your phone. I'll always have one from now on.

Sponsored Links