Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting ready for FLR (M) application  (Read 1059 times)

• Liked: 7
Getting ready for FLR (M) application
« on: July 31, 2020, 11:54:20 AM »
Hello,
I'm starting the process of getting everything in order for my wife's FLR (M) application later this year and hoped to check a few things to help us with that. I think we're in decent shape re the various documents required so I'm not too concerned about that, but there are a few other issues I had some questions on:

Is there any word on when/if the priority/super-priority services are likely to re-start?
I assume so, but wanted to double-check that we cannot travel overseas during the application process?
We are likely to use my income to meet the financial requirements. If so, can I change jobs during the 6 months period for which we would need to show payslips? I would still meet the income requirements in any new job, but more concerned if it would cause any interruptions to monthly payslips and so on.
We are in the process (hopefully) of buying a house but as ever that process is quite complicated. Would it cause complications to the application process if we completed the move after submitting the application (and so all the details on the application would relate to our old address)?

Thanks very much in advance for any help. You were all so helpful when we made the initial visa application a couple of years back.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Getting ready for FLR (M) application
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
Is there any word on when/if the priority/super-priority services are likely to re-start?

Not that I know of. You’d probably have to see if it is offered as an option when you submit the online application.

I assume so, but wanted to double-check that we cannot travel overseas during the application process?

That’s correct. It’s a bit ambiguous, but once your visa has expired, if it’s still processing, then leaving the country would end your 3C Leave

We are likely to use my income to meet the financial requirements. If so, can I change jobs during the 6 months period for which we would need to show payslips? I would still meet the income requirements in any new job, but more concerned if it would cause any interruptions to monthly payslips and so on.

If you change jobs you will need to meet Category B instead of Category A, which would mean sending 12 months of payslips and bank statements.

You would need to show:
- current job paying at least £18,600 per year
AND
- total pre-tax earnings of at least £18,600 in the 12 months prior to applying for the visa.

We are in the process (hopefully) of buying a house but as ever that process is quite complicated. Would it cause complications to the application process if we completed the move after submitting the application (and so all the details on the application would relate to our old address)?

Not at all. If you haven’t completed the sale and received your new Land Registry document (which takes about 2 months from completion) at the time of applying, you will just use your current address and accommodation documents for the visa requirements and you don’t mention the house sale at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 09:17:13 AM »
That's great, thanks so much. I may come back with more questions closer to the time, but that's very helpful for now.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
Hello again,

We're getting closer to applying and having looked through various other similar threads, I had a few more questions to make sure we're ready for the application.

Children:
They are both UK and US citizens. Do we have to provide copies of passports for both countries? Our daughter's US passport has actually expired so I'm assuming they wouldn't want/need to see that anyway?

English language:
Do we need to provide proof of my wife's English language skills again?

Housing:
We are currently renting. The contract term for our rental agreement has expired but we continue to rent the property on the same terms as the formal agreement. Should I get a letter from the estate agent confirming this arrangement? Should I also provide the original rental agreement?

Relationship proof:
For the 6 pieces of mail, I just wanted to double-check the spacing. If we apply in October, I'm assuming it would be:
October 2018
Feb 2019
June 2019
October 2019
Feb 2020
June 2020
Do we need something for October 2020 as well (which would make a total of seven)?

Thank you as always for your help.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:59 AM »
Hello again,

We're getting closer to applying and having looked through various other similar threads, I had a few more questions to make sure we're ready for the application.

Children:
They are both UK and US citizens. Do we have to provide copies of passports for both countries? Our daughter's US passport has actually expired so I'm assuming they wouldn't want/need to see that anyway?

English language:
Do we need to provide proof of my wife's English language skills again?

Housing:
We are currently renting. The contract term for our rental agreement has expired but we continue to rent the property on the same terms as the formal agreement. Should I get a letter from the estate agent confirming this arrangement? Should I also provide the original rental agreement?

Relationship proof:
For the 6 pieces of mail, I just wanted to double-check the spacing. If we apply in October, I'm assuming it would be:
October 2018
Feb 2019
June 2019
October 2019
Feb 2020
June 2020
Do we need something for October 2020 as well (which would make a total of seven)?

Thank you as always for your help.

You will need their UK passports and a letter to each of them dated within 90 days.

The language requirement needs to be met again.

Housing, yes, provide both.

It's easier if you do provide documents from the 7 periods as the spacing is perfect doing it that way.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
Great, thank you.

On the letter needed for our children: does it need to be a letter each or could it be one covering both of them (eg from the school they go to together)?

For the relationship proof: for June 2020 I'm planning to use a letter to me from HMRC and a copy of a joint bank statement addressed to my wife only. We'd be using the same bank statement, but this time addressed to us both, as part of the documentation for our proof of finances. Would that be ok? Or better to use something different if possible?

Finally, checking on timings to apply, my wife's BRP was issued 6th March 2018, but we didn't get to the UK to pick it up until April 2018. From what date do we count the 30 months before we can start the application?

Thanks very much

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 07:53:19 PM »
Great, thank you.

On the letter needed for our children: does it need to be a letter each or could it be one covering both of them (eg from the school they go to together)?

As long as it confirms the address for both of them, I would think 1 letter would be okay.

For the relationship proof: for June 2020 I'm planning to use a letter to me from HMRC and a copy of a joint bank statement addressed to my wife only. We'd be using the same bank statement, but this time addressed to us both, as part of the documentation for our proof of finances. Would that be ok? Or better to use something different if possible?

Yeah, that's fine.

Finally, checking on timings to apply, my wife's BRP was issued 6th March 2018, but we didn't get to the UK to pick it up until April 2018. From what date do we count the 30 months before we can start the application?

You start from the date she arrived in the UK in April 2018 (the date that is stamped in her passport).

You can apply up to 28 days before she reaches 30 months in the UK (so if she arrived in April 2018, she will reach 30 months in October 2020, which means you can apply in September 2020 (28 days before the date in October that she reaches 30 months)).

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 09:53:16 AM »
Perfect, thanks so much. Good news re the date we can apply - means we can start a bit earlier than I thought.

On the proof of finances, I've realised we could do this via the savings route instead of earnings. The savings account where we have the money do not issue formal monthly statements, but they have said that they can send a list of transactions for the last six months which would show that the value of the account has not fallen below the required level, plus a formal cover letter to explain as such. Do you think that would be ok? Or if I can't get the monthly statements, would it better to use earnings instead to be on the safe side?

Also, does the money need to stay in place while the application is being assessed? We're hoping to close on a house soon, and that money is basically our deposit so we'll need to withdraw it when the deal goes through.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »
On the proof of finances, I've realised we could do this via the savings route instead of earnings. The savings account where we have the money do not issue formal monthly statements, but they have said that they can send a list of transactions for the last six months which would show that the value of the account has not fallen below the required level, plus a formal cover letter to explain as such. Do you think that would be ok?

You don't need monthly statements, you just need a statement or statements covering every single day of the 6 months (i.e. an annual statement, a 6-monthly statement, two 3-monthly statements etc.)

So what you are suggesting is exactly what you need... just make sure that the statement they send covers MORE than the 6 months required, because if the statements are even 1 day short of a full 6 months they can refuse the visa. Most people include 7 months worth to cover the full 6 months.

Or if I can't get the monthly statements, would it better to use earnings instead to be on the safe side?

Savings is the easiest category to meet, so if you meet it, definitely use it instead of earnings. For the savings you only need 6 months of bank statements, whereas for earnings, you need 6 months of payslips, 6 months of bank statements, employer letter, job contract and P60.

Also, does the money need to stay in place while the application is being assessed? We're hoping to close on a house soon, and that money is basically our deposit so we'll need to withdraw it when the deal goes through.

Yes, the money MUST stay in your account while the visa is processing, because if you use it before the visa is granted and UKVI realise it has been withdrawn, you won't meet the visa requirements anymore and they can refuse the visa.

If you think you will need to use the money before the visa has been processed, then I would use your income from employment to meet the requirements instead (i.e. this could be a situation where using savings may not be the best option).

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
Great, thanks. In that case, we'll have to go down the earnings route. Annoying to need more documents but fortunately shouldn't be a problem either.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »
I think we're all set pending receiving the various letters needed to support our application. A couple of final questions to make sure I've got everything right:

Am I right to think that we need to apply no later than 28 days after the date of the final payslip I'm using as proof of finances? Ie if we want to apply in September, we'll have to do it by the 28th as my last payslip is dated 31st August (although payment was actually received on 28th August)? I'm using payslips/bank statements from March-August to support the application.

Also, when we scan the various supporting documents, do we need to scan all pages of each document? I know that's the case for our passports, but thinking more of the various bank statements and proof of accommodation documents.

Thanks very much.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
Am I right to think that we need to apply no later than 28 days after the date of the final payslip I'm using as proof of finances? Ie if we want to apply in September, we'll have to do it by the 28th as my last payslip is dated 31st August (although payment was actually received on 28th August)? I'm using payslips/bank statements from March-August to support the application.

I'm not sure whether you count from August 28th or August 31st in that situation... since the payslip was deposited earlier than the payslip date. To be safe, I would see if you can submit the application by 25th September (28 days after August 28th)

However, you will need to provide 7 months of payslips and bank statements, in order to cover every single day of the 6 months, which will either be:
Feb 29th to August 31st (using the last payslip date)
or
Feb 28th to August 28th (if using the bank deposit date)

Either way, both your payslips and bank statements must explicitly cover back to the end of February, so it's not enough to only include from March to August.

So, that means you will need to include the following payslips and bank statements:
1. February 2020
2. March 2020
3. April 2020
4. May 2020
5. June 2020
6. July 2020
7. August 2020

Also, when we scan the various supporting documents, do we need to scan all pages of each document? I know that's the case for our passports, but thinking more of the various bank statements and proof of accommodation documents.

Yes, every single page must be scanned.

If the bank statements are electronic and printed from online banking, they must either be stamped by the bank on EVERY page, or accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

If the payslips are issued electronically, they must be accompanied by a letter from the employer confirming the authenticity of each payslip (pay date, pay period, gross pay, net pay, date deposited into bank account), and any discrepancies between the amount/date of the payslip and the amount/date deposited into your bank need to be explained (i.e. the reason the payslip is dated August 31st but paid on August 28th - I assume this is due to the Bank Holiday?)

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:46 AM »
Ha! They don't make it easy!

I'll add in the February payslip and bank statement in that case. I've got the originals for everything other than the payslips, which are electronic, but I've got HR preparing a letter to cover off those and details of my employment etc.

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
Hi again,

I think we're basically all set now in terms of supporting documents. Details below just in case I've missed anything...

On the application itself, stupid question I think, but we don't have to provide the documents at the same time as the application do we? Eg I'm still waiting for this month's bank statement to show August's salary payment - I'm assuming we can submit the documents as soon as we have everything to hand.

Finally, do you recommend me preparing a cover letter to go with the application?

Thanks again for all the help - hugely appreciated as always.

Personal:
My (sponsor) passport
Applicant passport and BRP (the same passport as the previous application so no others needed)

Children:
Original birth certificates
Letter from their school confirming their address
UK passports

English language:
Degree certificate from LSE

Accommodation:
Latest council tax bill
Original tenancy agreement
Letter from rental agency explaining terms of our continued tenancy now the original agreement has expired

Finances:
Letter from my employer explaining my salary, length and terms of employment etc, authenticity of electronic payslips and showing match between pay on payslip and money paid into bank (plus reasons for any variations in dates). As a FYI, my company's immigration lawyers have said that letters signed by Docusign are fine at the moment given the Covid situation.
7 months banks statements (Feb 2020-August 2020) covering the whole six month period
Payslips

Relationship:
Marriage certificate and certified English translation
Original mail to us both or two individual pieces of mail for each of the following months: Sept 2018, Jan 2019, May 2019, Sept 2019, Jan 2020, May 2020, Sept 2020.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »
On the application itself, stupid question I think, but we don't have to provide the documents at the same time as the application do we? Eg I'm still waiting for this month's bank statement to show August's salary payment - I'm assuming we can submit the documents as soon as we have everything to hand.

You need to have all the documents ready and in your hands on the day you submit the online application, because this is your official application date, and your documents must show that you met all the requirements on that date.

However, in terms of actually uploading and submitting your documents, you have until the day you either attend your biometrics appointment or submit using the app to get them submitted.

So, your options for uploading the documents are:
- upload them to your UKVCAS account at any time between submitting the online application and attending biometrics/using the app
- upload them to the app at the time you submit your photo to it
- if you are attending a biometrics appointment, when you book it, you can add the document scanning service and have the documents uploaded at the appointment

Finally, do you recommend me preparing a cover letter to go with the application?

Not unless there is anything specific about your situation that you need to highlight (i.e. explanation for something wrong with the documents, or previous refused visas/criminal convictions etc.).

Just going to rearrange your documents into the correct upload sections:

Application Documents
- Applicant passport, all pages
- Application declarations/consent to checks forms (part of the online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Sponsor UK passport, all pages
- Applicant BRP

Residence in the UK
Accommodation
- Original tenancy agreement
- Letter from rental agency explaining terms of our continued tenancy now the original agreement has expired
- Latest council tax bill
Cohabitation
Original mail to us both or two individual pieces of mail for each of the following months: Sept 2018, Jan 2019, May 2019, Sept 2019, Jan 2020, May 2020, Sept 2020.

Finances
Mandatory
- Letter from employer
- 7 months banks statements (Feb 2020-August 2020) covering the whole six month period
- Payslips... 7 months,  Feb to Aug 2020, I assume?
Optional but recommended
- Job Contract
- Latest P60

Other
- Marriage certificate and certified English translation
- Childrens' UK Passports
- Childrens' Original birth certificates
- Letter from their school confirming their address

Educational (from what others have said, I don't think there's an actual section for the English Language requirement)
Degree certificate from LSE

And you leave the following sections blank:
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors/Employment

Sponsored Links