Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting ready for FLR (M) application  (Read 1057 times)

• Liked: 7
Re: Getting ready for FLR (M) application
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 06:00:56 PM »
All clear, thank you!

(and yes re the 7 months payslips)

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 08:53:21 PM »
Hello again,

We're going through the application now and are confused by one of the questions:

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
The options being:
Visit
Work
Study
Family
EEA Residence Card/Permit
Settlement
Other

None of these is specifically referenced on my wife's BRP or the accompanying letter from 2018. She has Work Permitted on the BRP, along with Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter.

Also, there's question about the starting date of her current visa. Is that the issue date on her BRP or the date she actually entered the UK?

Thanks very much!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 08:56:37 PM »
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
The options being:
Visit
Work
Study
Family
EEA Residence Card/Permit
Settlement
Other

None of these is specifically referenced on my wife's BRP or the accompanying letter from 2018. She has Work Permitted on the BRP, along with Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter.

She has a Family visa which is also called a Settlement Visa... which makes it a bit confusing, but most people select Family.

Also, there's question about the starting date of her current visa. Is that the issue date on her BRP or the date she actually entered the UK?

Thanks very much!

It’s the issue date on her BRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 09:00:32 PM »
Thank you!

Another one (sorry). They ask how long my wife has lived in the UK. When we moved here, we arrived in April to pick up the BRP, then left again to close things off in the US and for my wife to spend time with her family. She came back to live properly in the UK from July 2018. Best to say that date or April 2018?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 09:07:32 PM »
Thank you!

Another one (sorry). They ask how long my wife has lived in the UK. When we moved here, we arrived in April to pick up the BRP, then left again to close things off in the US and for my wife to spend time with her family. She came back to live properly in the UK from July 2018. Best to say that date or April 2018?
Put from April 2018, because that’s when she started her UK residency, and that’s the date they will use to determine when she qualifies for ILR - the trip back to the US was therefore just a ‘temporary visit’ back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 12:43:19 AM »
Perfect, thank you. All set now. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long...

Thanks again for all the help - this forum is such an amazing resource.

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
Just a quick update on this...amazingly we had our decision email come through this morning, so all set for the next 2.5 years now :-). Thanks as always for all the help in getting us prepared. No doubt we will be back on again when the time comes for ILR!

For reference:
We applied on 24th September
Appointment with Sopra Steria in Guildford on 13th October. Actually really helpful staff there. As a FYI, when we completed the application we were given no option to do biometrics/upload documents etc via the app.
Acknowledgement email on 17th October
Decision email on 28th October. Fingers crossed the BRP arrives in good time now.

We're really lucky that its been so quick for us. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
Just a quick update on this...amazingly we had our decision email come through this morning, so all set for the next 2.5 years now :-). Thanks as always for all the help in getting us prepared. No doubt we will be back on again when the time comes for ILR!

For reference:
We applied on 24th September
Appointment with Sopra Steria in Guildford on 13th October. Actually really helpful staff there. As a FYI, when we completed the application we were given no option to do biometrics/upload documents etc via the app.
Acknowledgement email on 17th October
Decision email on 28th October. Fingers crossed the BRP arrives in good time now.

We're really lucky that its been so quick for us. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

Congratulations!!!

Sponsored Links