Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Reassurance/advice for a stressed wife dealing with FLR (M) please!  (Read 2563 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Reassurance/advice for a stressed wife dealing with FLR (M) please!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 09:52:33 PM »
Hi all,

Have started filling out the application form online and came across a few questions which have me stumped a little bit:

1. There were some questions about whether we would be able to live in another country other than the UK- We wrote that while it is not impossible, it would be difficult as we have jobs here, a son, family, etc. Is this fine?

2. Providing a document showing that visa extension is in the best interest of our child? I am really confused as to what exact documents we need for this? Birth certificate?

3. Providing a document showing where other partner (me) lives such as a utility bill? We live at the same address so I don't know if I answered something wrong for this to come up?

4. For the financial section, there were a few options so I selected "continuously earns same amount above financial requirement." Based this on my husband's wages of £380 gross per week so hope it is correct? Also for the gross annual salary figure, I put in £19,760 calculated by £380 multiplied by number of payslips, divided by number of payslips, multiplied by 52 equals £19,760. However, this does not include the overtime my husband did during the 6 month period. With overtime, the salary is over £22,000, so do I need to put this amount in or £19,760?

5: I am planning to upload an excel document listing all the various payments my husband receives. I am confused for some weeks as one payslip lists the return of pension contributions, approx £50. Do I include this in the gross salary for the week or as overtime/additional payment? Also there were 2 weeks where my husband had to isolate due to contact with another employee who tested positive for Covid-19. Husband received full company sick pay equal to his normal wages. This shouldn't make any problems for the application should it?

6. Application asked for a Home Office reference number for any previous leave to remain applications. Our first application was for entry clearance but we did have a Home Office reference number. Is it right for me to copy that here?

7. There was another question about why our child is not applying along with my husband. Child is British citizen by birth so as far as I can remember doesn't need to apply?

Thanks for taking the time to read through. Appreciate it.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2020, 10:18:06 PM »
1. There were some questions about whether we would be able to live in another country other than the UK- We wrote that while it is not impossible, it would be difficult as we have jobs here, a son, family, etc. Is this fine?

They are asking whether, if your visa was refused, you would be able to go back to your home country (or any other country) to live... or whether it would be physically impossible or unsafe for you to live in any other country because of:
- war
- famine
- terrorism
- natural disasters
- you and/or your spouse being banned from entering other countries and therefore will never qualify for a visa to live together anywhere else in the world.

2. Providing a document showing that visa extension is in the best interest of our child? I am really confused as to what exact documents we need for this? Birth certificate?

You have to provide the following documents for your child:
- passport
- birth certificate
- letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (I.e. from their GP or school)

I haven’t heard of anyone including any other documents than the 3 listed.

3. Providing a document showing where other partner (me) lives such as a utility bill? We live at the same address so I don't know if I answered something wrong for this to come up?

The documents you are already providing will show this.

The question is aimed at those who have children from previous relationships, where the child may or may not live with you... and you have to show where the other parent lives. In your case, you live at the same address as the other parent, so you just provide evidence of where you live together.

4. For the financial section, there were a few options so I selected "continuously earns same amount above financial requirement." Based this on my husband's wages of £380 gross per week so hope it is correct? Also for the gross annual salary figure, I put in £19,760 calculated by £380 multiplied by number of payslips, divided by number of payslips, multiplied by 52 equals £19,760. However, this does not include the overtime my husband did during the 6 month period. With overtime, the salary is over £22,000, so do I need to put this amount in or £19,760?

Put £19,760 as this is the figure that will be used to calculate future income. While overtime can be considered for the previous 6 months of income, it cannot be considered for any income earned in the future unless it is confirmed in his contract/in writing that he is guaranteed to earn £X amount of overtime every year.

5: I am planning to upload an excel document listing all the various payments my husband receives. I am confused for some weeks as one payslip lists the return of pension contributions, approx £50. Do I include this in the gross salary for the week or as overtime/additional payment? Also there were 2 weeks where my husband had to isolate due to contact with another employee who tested positive for Covid-19. Husband received full company sick pay equal to his normal wages. This shouldn't make any problems for the application should it?

There’s no need to put together or upload a spreadsheet, so I wouldn’t bother - you’ll likely only confuse things. The payslips will speak for themselves. Sick pay is just considered same as regular pay.

6. Application asked for a Home Office reference number for any previous leave to remain applications. Our first application was for entry clearance but we did have a Home Office reference number. Is it right for me to copy that here?

No, leave this blank. You will not have a Home Office Reference Number as you have never applied for Leave to Remain before.

Reference numbers are only assigned to in-country applications which have complicated circumstances, such as visa refusals, appeals, refugee/asylum applications.

7. There was another question about why our child is not applying along with my husband. Child is British citizen by birth so as far as I can remember doesn't need to apply?

As a British citizen, your child does not need a visa to live in the UK, therefore he does not need to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »
Thanks once again ksand24 for your prompt reply and detailed information- You are a star!

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »
I am back again.

Have edited the answers on the application and husband's final pay slip for the 6 month period arrived today. I am hoping to go to the bank tomorrow and get a statement printed out and stamped from Sep 1-11. After that, will hopefully be ready to press submit and pay.

Planning to attach the following documents:

Identity
Husband's expired passport with original visa vigenette.
Husband's current passport
Husband's BRP
My current passport
Son's current passport
Son's birth certificate
Letter from GP confirming son is a patient at the surgery
Application did ask for details of husband's national ID card- Would it be a good idea for me to scan and upload this too?

English Language/Education
BA Certificate
BA Transcripts
BA- English as medium of instruction
MA Cerificate
MA transcripts
MA- English as medium of instuction
UK Naric- original posted certificate dated 2017
UK Naric- online temporary certificate dated 2020

Relationship and Cohabitation
Original marriage certificate
Certified English translation of marriage certificate
Marriage registration certificate
Sep 2018: Joint bank statement
Jan 2019: Joint bank statement
May 2019: Polling cards for both husband and myself
Sep 2019: Nest pension letter (husband)/ Savings account letter (me)
Jan 2020: Joint bank letter
May 2020: Joint savings account statement
Aug 2020: Bank statement (husband)/ Talk Talk bill (me)

Financial
28 Payslips from 6 March 2020-11 Sep 2020
Employment contract
P60 2019-2020
Letter from employer
March-Aug bank statement- originals posted
Sep 1-11 bank statement- printed and stamped

Property
Land Registry Title Deeds
Mortgage Statement Dec 2019
Letter from Parent with permission to live
Council Tax 2020-2021 letter (sent in March 2020)
Utility bill
Property Inspection Report
Father's passport copy?

Other
Part 1 and Part 2 consent forms

Is there anything missing? Thanks for looking through.

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 10:39:12 PM »
Okay, you have a few documents you don’t need there.

You can take the following out:
- Marriage registration certificate
- Utility bill
- Property Inspection Report

And for the English Language requirement you have several documents listed that I don’t think are needed, since you only need to provide evidence of 1 degree taught in English and no transcripts are required, since he is not required to provide any further evidence of his education than the language documents (so you leave the Education section blank when you upload the documents).

From the UKVI website:

If your degree was taught or researched in English

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

If your degree is from a UK university, you only need your degree certificate.

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:

- a copy of your degree certificate

- an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.

So I would only include:
- BA Certificate
- BA- English as medium of instruction
- UK Naric- online temporary certificate dated 2020

Or the equivalent for the MA instead... though the BA evidence might be better because it will have been a longer course (more years of being taught in English).

Regarding the National Identity document, if his home country issues them, then yes, you need to include it. Most people here on the forum who are applying are US citizens who do not have a National ID card so they don’t need to include anything for it.

Reassurance/advice for a stressed wife dealing with FLR (M) please!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 10:46:35 PM »
Also, just going to rearrange your documents into the correct upload sections for the application:

Application Documents
Husband's current passport
Part 1 and Part 2 consent forms
Sponsor’s declaration of application

Identity/Travel History
Husband's BRP
Sponsor’s current UK passport

English Language
BA Certificate
BA- English as medium of instruction
UK Naric- online temporary certificate dated 2020

Financial
28 Payslips from 6 March 2020-11 Sep 2020
March-Sep bank statements
Letter from employer
Employment contract
P60 2019-2020

Residence in the UK
Accommodation
Land Registry Title Deeds
Mortgage Statement Dec 2019
Letter from Parent with permission to live
Council Tax 2020-2021
Father's passport copy
Cohabitation
Sep 2018: Joint bank statement
Jan 2019: Joint bank statement
May 2019: Polling cards for both husband and myself
Sep 2019: Nest pension letter (husband)/ Savings account letter (me)
Jan 2020: Joint bank letter
May 2020: Joint savings account statement
Aug 2020: Bank statement (husband)/ Talk Talk bill (me)

Other
Husband's expired passport with original visa vigenette.
Husband’s National ID card
Original marriage certificate
Certified English translation of marriage certificate
Son's current passport
Son's birth certificate
Letter from GP confirming son is a patient at the surgery

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
Apologies for not getting back to you last night ksand24. And a thousand thank yous for organising my documents into the right sections (that was something I was thinking about as had read other threads where it wasn't unclear where to upload certain documents).

It was on this forum just recently actually that I learnt a property report isnt required if you are living with family but by then the report had already been processed for me so thought I may as well include it. I did one previously as well for the spouse visa.

Yeah unfortunately I am one of those that worry more is better and I know that there are far too many documents for the English language requirement. The Naric certificate is based on Husband's MA degree so will upload the relevant documents based on that.

Just one more question please if that's okay:

The sponsor's declaration of application? What exactly is this? Is this a letter I have to write or something I need to download?

Thanks in advance- my local bank is usually open on Saturdays but have changed their opening days so will have to wait to Monday to get that last statement and apply then hopefully!

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
Apologies for not getting back to you last night ksand24.

No worries - I would have been asleep then anyway.

It was on this forum just recently actually that I learnt a property report isnt required if you are living with family but by then the report had already been processed for me so thought I may as well include it. I did one previously as well for the spouse visa.

No, don't include it. It's an unnecessary document that will just clog up the application and give the processing officer extra work to do.

A property inspection report has NEVER been required for the accommodation evidence... and any lawyers or immigration services that tell you otherwise are likely only doing so because they earn commission on them. The only time you might need one is if you live in an HMO (House of Multiple Occupation) where multiple households (from different families) are living in the same property.

Yeah unfortunately I am one of those that worry more is better and I know that there are far too many documents for the English language requirement. The Naric certificate is based on Husband's MA degree so will upload the relevant documents based on that.

Yeah, for the visa, less is more. You must include all the required documents, but sending more than the required can cause confusion, will give UKVI more work to do, and can risk the important documents being missed because they get lost amongst the unnecessary ones.

So, for the English language requirement, it's not about showing evidence of his education, it's about showing that he did a degree taught in English.

Just one more question please if that's okay:

The sponsor's declaration of application? What exactly is this? Is this a letter I have to write or something I need to download?

It's part of the declarations and consent forms in the online application form.

There should be:
- a declaration/consent form for the applicant to sign
- a declaration form for the sponsor to sign
- a consent to verification checks form for anyone other than the applicant to sign if they are jointly named on any bank statements/bills you are submitting... which is usually the sponsor

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »
Thank you very much. I have found the sponsor form that I have to sign as well as the Part 2 consent form. Just need to print it out.

Went today to get the final bank statement and just realised now that because I used my debit card at the bank counter the statement has been printed with just my name. Husband's name is not mentioned at all even though it is from the same joint account and shows evidence of the 11 Sep payslip being paid in. Will this cause a problem? To be on the safe side should we go back to the bank and use husband's debit card?

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 01:15:27 PM »
Thank you very much. I have found the sponsor form that I have to sign as well as the Part 2 consent form. Just need to print it out.

Went today to get the final bank statement and just realised now that because I used my debit card at the bank counter the statement has been printed with just my name. Husband's name is not mentioned at all even though it is from the same joint account and shows evidence of the 11 Sep payslip being paid in. Will this cause a problem? To be on the safe side should we go back to the bank and use husband's debit card?

The bank statement will need to have his name on it, because the entire point of including the bank statements is to prove that the payslip was deposited into an account either in HIS name or in both your names jointly, so if only your name is on the statement, it will not meet the requirements.

From Appendix FM 1.7 regarding the required documents:

- Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
Yes that's exactly what I was thinking so have gone to the bank to get the statement on his name. I think and hope and pray I have everything now and can submit the application later today.

Thank you once again for all the information and advice.

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 05:11:45 PM »
I have just submitted the application and uploaded all the documents- strangely there was no English language section so I put all the documents relating to MA degree and UK NARIC into the Education category. Also they asked for father's passport copy to be put in Proof of Identity section so placed that there. Think I'm going to have a break before I triple check the documents again and press submit on that.

Thanks once again.

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »
Oh it can only be a UK visa application that creates new headaches at the last minute! Ksand24 if I can make yet another claim on your knowledge please...

Two of husband's payslips have an earlier pay date written on them. For instance a previous pay slip is dated 3rd April 2020 so the next one should be 10th April 2020 however its actually been paid on the 9th April 2020. Also on the payslip right at the bottom in tiny writing it states that on HMRC records the date of pay will be classed as the 10th. Neither me or husband noticed this until now. As I say its not every payslip, just 2 out of the 28 have this anomaly. Is it likely to be an issue?

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »
Oh it can only be a UK visa application that creates new headaches at the last minute! Ksand24 if I can make yet another claim on your knowledge please...

Two of husband's payslips have an earlier pay date written on them. For instance a previous pay slip is dated 3rd April 2020 so the next one should be 10th April 2020 however its actually been paid on the 9th April 2020. Also on the payslip right at the bottom in tiny writing it states that on HMRC records the date of pay will be classed as the 10th. Neither me or husband noticed this until now. As I say its not every payslip, just 2 out of the 28 have this anomaly. Is it likely to be an issue?

What about it makes you think it will be an issue? If that's the date of the payslip, then that's the date of the payslip.

Are his payslips being verified in the employer letter (i.e. are they issued electronically)? If so, does the letter state the reason for the April 9th pay date instead of the 10th?

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 06:16:23 PM »
I think its my mind going into overdrive as its all I've been thinking about the last couple of weeks.

Payslips are all posted but no reason given for the earlier date.

I think I'm just going to go and press submit documents otherwise I will make myself sick!

Thank you for all the support you have shown me during this time. Appreciate it.

Sponsored Links