Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Reassurance/advice for a stressed wife dealing with FLR (M) please!  (Read 2555 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Reassurance/advice for a stressed wife dealing with FLR (M) please!
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 10:05:38 AM »
An update on our application. Received the email today inviting us to use the app or book an appointment. We decided to opt out and the next available appointment is exactly in a week's time so hope all goes well for that..

At the same time, have Amazon sending repeat reminders that they need proof of husband's continued right to work in the UK but obviously this is out of our hands as we don't know when we will get a decision. Have tried to explain this to them many times but still keep getting sent the emails.  :(

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »
At the same time, have Amazon sending repeat reminders that they need proof of husband's continued right to work in the UK but obviously this is out of our hands as we don't know when we will get a decision. Have tried to explain this to them many times but still keep getting sent the emails.  :(

Have you directed them to the Employer Checking Service, where they can enter his visa application number and check his right to work while the visa is processing:

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 01:09:23 PM »
Yes we are just waiting for the biometrics to be done and then will forward the link as I have heard (correctly or not) that the checks will only come back with right to work after biometrics.

It's just these constant emails don't do much good for my constant worrying!

On a side note, when I booked the appointment on the UKVCAS website it stated that I have the option to upload my documents in advance of the appointment and that I need to go through each category and upload but when I checked the status of each file is 'submitted' so does this mean its already been done and I don't need to do anything re: documents?

Thanks again.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 01:23:52 PM »
Yes we are just waiting for the biometrics to be done and then will forward the link as I have heard (correctly or not) that the checks will only come back with right to work after biometrics.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly when the application will show up in the checking system.

On a side note, when I booked the appointment on the UKVCAS website it stated that I have the option to upload my documents in advance of the appointment and that I need to go through each category and upload but when I checked the status of each file is 'submitted' so does this mean its already been done and I don't need to do anything re: documents?

Well, you said in a post on Sept 14th that you had submitted the application and uploaded the documents...  which means there's nothing more to do. So, you just ignore what it said when you booked the appointment, because you already completed and submitted the uploads 9 days ago.

Normally what happens, without all the changes due to Covid is:
- submit the online application, register with UKVCAS and book an appointment... all on the same day
- upload the documents after booking the appointment and before attending biometrics

However, because of Covid and not being able to book appointments right away, the UKVCAS website has had the option to upload the documents before booking appointments. Therefore, if you already uploaded before booking the appointment, there's no need to do anything else.

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2020, 08:20:26 PM »
Apologies for not replying sooner.

My husband received an email yesterday saying his visa has been granted! Such an immense relief and wanted to pass on both our thanks to the forum and most especially to you ksand24 for being such a wonderful source of support and advice and information. I am sure you must have heard these queries a million times and your patience in answering me so swiftly, I have no words for your kindness. Thank you so very much.

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2020, 08:31:49 PM »
I also want to leave a message to other members who are still waiting to hear back on their applications especially those who applied during lockdown. I can't imagine how it must feel to be waiting for so long and people are applying after you and getting decisions. I know if it was me in the same situation it would really hurt a lot.

All I can say is I sincerely pray you all get your approvals very very soon.

Sponsored Links