Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Schools back  (Read 4355 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
Schools back
« on: August 12, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
Good luck teachers and kids in Scotland!  All back in full time. No social distancing in primary schools and high schools are set up for one way system and hand washing, but only recommended, but not required to social distance either.  Will be interesting to see how this goes.

US schools look like a shitshow....

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
Re: Schools back
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »
This country is still living the myth that kids don't spread it. They do. And they can get very ill from it. I'm incredibly concerned. :(

• Liked: 37
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
This country is still living the myth that kids don't spread it. They do. And they can get very ill from it. I'm incredibly concerned. :(

I don’t think the country thinks it’s a myth...we need to start getting back to some kind of normal.....we can’t live like this forever.....they are never finding a cure as far as I’m concerned...we can’t live like this for the rest of our lives.....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 05:51:55 PM »
Our primary school did a fantastic job for the half term my daughter was back.  Fingers crossed, the can keep it going with the school at capacity.  At least we had a bit of a test period. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
I don’t think the country thinks it’s a myth...

No, the government is happy to lie though!

Normalcy (of some sort) is fine, if people were actually able to stick to rules and stay apart, wear masks, wash their hands, have contact tracing that works. People think the rules don’t think they apply to them. Contact tracing has been full of issues. And there becomes complacency again, which leads to excess deaths.

I know several teachers who had a good day and there were very happy kids to go back to school.  Time will reveal if this works okay or if it spreads again.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 06:53:45 PM »
I don’t think the country thinks it’s a myth...we need to start getting back to some kind of normal.....we can’t live like this forever.....they are never finding a cure as far as I’m concerned...we can’t live like this for the rest of our lives.....
They do, have seen it repeated by the PM. I agree a normal needs to be found, but sending all children back to crowded schools without ventilation really doesn't seem sound. The US districts where I used to live are doing mixed classroom and online learning so there are less students in the school at a time and their "bubbles" are smaller, to keep the teachers safe as well as the parents.

• Liked: 239
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »
After one day open, one of our local school has closed again. Staff member with COVID. These poor kids.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »
I saw that  :\\\'(
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 672
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 03:27:59 PM »
There's a cluster in NE Glasgow, high school students. I believe it's eight of the little darlins are now infected. So far.

This is not going to work.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
There's a cluster in NE Glasgow, high school students. I believe it's eight of the little darlins are now infected. So far.

This is not going to work.
Except they didn't get it at school. Schools JUST went back. They called it a school cluster because they all go to the same school but the source of infection was not at school.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 04:11:27 PM »
No, not caught at school (yet).... 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 08:29:26 PM »
Except they didn't get it at school. Schools JUST went back. They called it a school cluster because they all go to the same school but the source of infection was not at school.

Ding ding ding!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was from a family that went abroad.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 08:36:42 PM »
Ding ding ding!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was from a family that went abroad.
And they didn't make it back to school before they were diagnosed so for the media to call it a school cluster is completely irresponsible.

They could have got it anywhere.  These kids tend to live in the same area so they've probably been hanging out in similar social circles or even the McDonald's. The Stirling high schoolers aren't socially distancing nor have they been... I'm sure it is the same in Glasgow.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 11:37:34 AM »
Whether they got it at school is irrelevant; the fact is the clusters can only provide so much protection since you can't control what people's wider circles are like. We now have to expand our bubble from 7 known people since early March to 31 other people in an immediate classroom (forget ancillary) and their families is a massive source of anxiety for me. You cannot control what other people do with their time outside of school and so if you are a careful person throughout this whole ordeal, it no longer matters because the risk is now raised for everyone.
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »
Whether they got it at school is irrelevant; the fact is the clusters can only provide so much protection since you can't control what people's wider circles are like. We now have to expand our bubble from 7 known people since early March to 31 other people in an immediate classroom (forget ancillary) and their families is a massive source of anxiety for me. You cannot control what other people do with their time outside of school and so if you are a careful person throughout this whole ordeal, it no longer matters because the risk is now raised for everyone.
And depending on how the school is managing things it could be much larger. My friends classroom in the states (which is much different than here, but I don't know how they manage the variety of subjects taught), will have 30 students for the hour class, and then change to the next 30 students, all day long. That is why they are at least trying to only have half the students in on a given day, but since covid is in aerosols and the ventilation in schools is poor - you are being exposed to every person who sat in that classroom and their "bubble". I don't think there is a clear answer on what should be done because some students absolutely need in person classes, but I wish the UK was giving parents the option of remote or mixed learning. The punitive fines if you keep your children home are going to harm the families with immune compromised people the most.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab