Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics  (Read 46919 times)

• Liked: 19
Re: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »
I've got it on my play store as well, but still no invite from Sopra. I think I'll wait a couple more days to see what happens before I do anything..

If anyone decides to try it out, please update your experience with it! There's a couple reviews, one of them says there's an issue with the app, apparently not its recognising their email address, hmmm..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

• Liked: 287
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
I've got it on my play store as well, but still no invite from Sopra. I think I'll wait a couple more days to see what happens before I do anything..

If anyone decides to try it out, please update your experience with it! There's a couple reviews, one of them says there's an issue with the app, apparently not its recognising their email address, hmmm..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The app is not fully functioning at the moment and you just sense that it will only work on an invite basis. Atleast we know that the app is a thing and it's there, let's give it a few days and see what movement there is on that. I'm scanning other forums as well to keep up to date with the progress of the app.
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 50
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
This has appeared on Apple App Store now as well. Sort of feeling the same as the above posters - might give it a few days as I haven’t been invited.

Just gave it a go and yep ‘This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access’. Back to waiting for an invite! At least the app is available!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:05:59 PM by TwoWool »
Entered U.K.: 29 December 2017
FLR(M) Applied: 16 June 2020 (Standard)
FLR(M) Approved: 16 October 2020
SET(M) Applied: 26 December 2022 (Super priority)
SET(M) Approved: 20 January 2023
Naturalisation Applied: 8 May 2023
Naturalisation Approved: 25 September 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: 19 October 2023
Passport applied: 25 October 2023
Passport docs received at HMPO: 02 November 2023
Passport application approved: 16 November 2023
Passport received: 18 November 2023
IT'S DONE!! I'M A BRIT!

• Liked: 20
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
The app asks for a "unique application number" which it says is a 16-digit number "as found at the top of the letter sent to you."

Where did you find this number? We never got a letter and I can't see a 16 digit number on any of the emails.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
The app asks for a "unique application number" which it says is a 16-digit number "as found at the top of the letter sent to you."

Where did you find this number? We never got a letter and I can't see a 16 digit number on any of the emails.

You can find the UAN on top of your completed application form or you should also see it on the further actions page of the application website where you first filled out the form.

• Liked: 287
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »
Some encouraging signs here, albeit it's small. Fingers crossed we see some serious movement on this app as many are left waiting & pondering.
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 8
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
Hopefully the app is easy to use. Starting to think that maybe opting out would have been the better route even if you had to pay extra for doing so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 33
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question but do you guys know how long we have to scan and get our docs uploaded? I have finally finished scanning and now just need to upload (my application was submitted 17 July). I know if we were booking an actual appointment, we could upload until right before the appointment. But with the opt-out, is there any sort of deadline? Also, will we be uploading the docs to the app or just to Sopra Steria? I'm praying there isn't some deadline that I missed!  :o Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »
Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question but do you guys know how long we have to scan and get our docs uploaded? I have finally finished scanning and now just need to upload (my application was submitted 17 July). I know if we were booking an actual appointment, we could upload until right before the appointment. But with the opt-out, is there any sort of deadline? Also, will we be uploading the docs to the app or just to Sopra Steria? I'm praying there isn't some deadline that I missed!  :o Thanks!

The only deadline I know of is the appointment deadline. I don't think they have announced any deadline in regards to opting out and using the app instead.

I assume that if you choose to use the app, you will be informed regarding when and how you need to upload the documents.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2020, 10:09:30 PM »
The only deadline I know of is the appointment deadline. I don't think they have announced any deadline in regards to opting out and using the app instead.

I assume that if you choose to use the app, you will be informed regarding when and how you need to upload the documents.
Right, I don't know of any deadlines right now, and pretty much everyone is extending beyond the service standard for scheduling appointments.

After you submit, at some point they will notify you if your biometrics can be reused or if you need to schedule biometrics. I'm guessing the "opt out" option for the app will probably be included in that email in the future once they have more standard processes set up. It's all the wild west right now with everyone just doing the best they can while we wait for Sopra Steria. Scanning took me the longest, the upload was fairly easy after that!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »
I've just seen this on the UKVCAS website:

Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833

• Liked: 70
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 06:11:59 AM »
I've just seen this on the UKVCAS website:

Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833

Thank-you for that - in true "visa waiting" fashion I started to get worried that I might have to redo all those uploads :)

• Liked: 5
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 08:13:26 AM »
Saw this if it helps

• Liked: 1
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 09:03:41 AM »
Thanks for the video.

In the video, 01:56 it says: you must upload all mandatory Documents before you can submit your application:

I am not sure that does that mean? I have submitted my application, but I haven't upload any documents yet?

Could anyone please have a look this video at 01:56.

Thanks

• Liked: 6
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
What I think they are trying to say is that you need to have document(s) in the mandatory folders within the app before you will be allowed to press the submit button to send the ID check and documents to UKVI.

As in the app on your phone will not allow you to submit your documents and ID until you have followed all of the steps. Which is why they say the button will remain grey until you have completed the steps.

Sponsored Links