Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics  (Read 46889 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »
Thanks,

So the word 'Application' here means ID check Application. Not the Set(M) online Application.

Thanks again

What I think they are trying to say is that you need to have document(s) in the mandatory folders within the app before you will be allowed to press the submit button to send the ID check and documents to UKVI.

As in the app on your phone will not allow you to submit your documents and ID until you have followed all of the steps. Which is why they say the button will remain grey until you have completed the steps.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »
Just adding my update / experience: received the IDV update which confirmed I could log in and upload facial image last night.  Download app, logged in and uploaded a picture of my FLR card and a picture of my face.

I had already loaded docs on the website which was recognized on the app.  Then I clicked submit.  No further emails or confirmations...really hoping this process is almost done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 - moved to the UK on a student visa
2002 - 2 year work visa (and met hubby later that year)
2004 - moved w UKC hubby to US
2012 - UKC hubby now a dual national (USC)
Apr 2015 - moved back to UK w DH and two DD

• Liked: 50
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2020, 01:15:27 PM »
That’s good news dtowngirl! Glad to hear it’s moving along.

I wish the Sopra Steria page gave us the application dates they are inviting to the app. They were good doing that for opening up appointments. It might give everyone a better timeline of when to expect to be able to complete their application using the app.

Can I ask when you submitted your application?
Entered U.K.: 29 December 2017
FLR(M) Applied: 16 June 2020 (Standard)
FLR(M) Approved: 16 October 2020
SET(M) Applied: 26 December 2022 (Super priority)
SET(M) Approved: 20 January 2023
Naturalisation Applied: 8 May 2023
Naturalisation Approved: 25 September 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: 19 October 2023
Passport applied: 25 October 2023
Passport docs received at HMPO: 02 November 2023
Passport application approved: 16 November 2023
Passport received: 18 November 2023
IT'S DONE!! I'M A BRIT!

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2020, 03:33:25 PM »
That’s good news dtowngirl! Glad to hear it’s moving along.

I wish the Sopra Steria page gave us the application dates they are inviting to the app. They were good doing that for opening up appointments. It might give everyone a better timeline of when to expect to be able to complete their application using the app.

Can I ask when you submitted your application?
Yes apologies, I submitted on the 28th of March

• Liked: 19
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2020, 05:14:32 PM »
Yes apologies, I submitted on the 28th of March

Did you receive an email from Sopra Steria inviting you to download/install the app? I think a lot of us, me included, are still waiting for an invite email.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2020, 05:58:37 PM »
Yes attached it here - hopefully I did it correctly :)

• Liked: 19
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »

Yes attached it here - hopefully I did it correctly :)

Thanks for that, very helpful so I know what to look for!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »
Really glad at least one of us have been invited now! Please keep us updated on the rest of the journey @dtowngirl.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »
Yes this is good news to know that it is indeed available.

• Liked: 94
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
Hi everyone I am waiting for the IDV app as well. My timeline is:

Application date: May 24th
Received email for reuse bio: July 4th
Received email for Covid delay: July 24th
Submitted documents via Sopra Steria website: July 17th
Received update email for IDV: Aug 1st
Waiting for Invite email...

For the IDV app I have noticed from groups I have joined on facebook that they are going in date order so those from March and April are getting the app first followed by May and June then July and August.

They started releasing the app this week starting the 17th of August. From my understanding the app uses the login info from when you set up the sopra steria website along with the 16 digit application number and I have seen other people who have received the app who applied in March saying it only took them 5 mins to do everything as they had already previously uploaded all their documents to the website it will just appear on the app once you sign in. Then after uploading all mandatory documents you press submit but you can only do this once on the app so check before pressing the button.

I have also seen people who opted out were able to book appointments quite quick some have already received decisions its seems to average about a week after completeing biometrics they receive a decision. Hopefully its that way for the app as well . Though they have had to pay £100+ for the appointments where as the app is free so at least we dont have to pay. Im trying to look on the brightside lol.

Out of curiosity has anyone else submitted there documents via the website before they released info about the app? It said on the terms it would submit them to UKVI directly but you can only do it once on the website.

My theory is they have already decided the past applicants in March April May and June as people who have applied in July are already getting decisions! Though they did attend a biometrics appointment, but my thought is we have all been decided just awaiting the final Identification verification.

Goodluck hope we all hear soon

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 50
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2020, 09:01:35 AM »
My online application date was April 15. I uploaded all documents on the website. I have since received all the same emails as everybody about reusing biometrics etc.
So, I am hoping to get the app go-ahead email soon!
I will post an update if/when anything happens.
And yes, let's hope we app people get our decisions quickly!
Good luck to all.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
Guys I got my IDV app invitation email today. I submitted my application on 29th March - a day after dtowngirl - so they appear to be doing this in sequence.

• Liked: 8
IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2020, 11:12:58 AM »
What’s the consensus on uploading documents? Should they be uploaded to the website or wait until the app email is received and upload them directly onto there?

Im thinking with the delays it’s probably wise to do as much up front as possible, despite the ability to use the app.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2020, 03:12:11 PM »
Update from UKVCAS

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833

The UKVCAS Identity Verification app
As some of you know, we have been working with UKVI to develop a new Identity Verification (IDV) app as a response to the delays caused by Covid-19.

The IDV app lets customers that are eligible for UKVI’s biometric reuse policy (fingerprints and photographs that have been recorded in a previous application) to submit their application information to UKVI without having to book an appointment at UKVCAS.

The IDV app was approved for use by UKVI last week and rollout of the IDV app started on 17 August 2020 to a limited number of customers.

We are ramping up volumes and plan to be able to process up to 4,000 applications a day once we are fully up to speed. We expect to reach this point shortly.

Once we hit this target, we will publish regular updates so you can see where we are up to.

We will be sending out emails to invite you to use the IDV app in phases, working in date order from the earliest to the most recent, based on the registration date you applied to UKVI.

We know that many of have been waiting some time to submit your information to UKVI, whilst the IDV app has been introduced in response to the impact of Covid-19. We are working hard to send out invites as soon as possible.

We’ve pulled together a series of Questions and Answers (Q & A) about every aspect of using the IDV app. Take a look here. Use the ‘Quick Link’ at the top to go directly to the IDV app Q&As.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2020, 06:37:23 PM »
What’s the consensus on uploading documents? Should they be uploaded to the website or wait until the app email is received and upload them directly onto there?

I uploaded my documents a long time ago on my computer in my UKVCAS account.

Today I logged into the app, it automatically synced with all the data in my account so all documents were already there. I just had to take a picture of my face, my passport, and press submit. Took less than 5 minutes.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab