Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics  (Read 46896 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #870 on: February 28, 2021, 05:57:37 PM »
I didn't use the IDV thing, I had an in-person biometrics appointment but this seems like the post where lots of folks are waiting so I hope nobody minds.

I'm starting to get a bit worried. I submitted my FLR (M) application online on October 14 and attended biometrics appointment on November 13. I received a email from Home Office on November 23 stating that due to Covid it was probably going to take longer than 8 weeks. I see people getting their decisions now who applied later though, and I know this isn't necessarily uncommon around here but it is so nerve wracking  😭

Is anyone else still waiting from this far or further back?

Very sorry you're still waiting. It's always so hard to watch more recent applications being processed, I wish they were fairer in their approach.
I certainly wouldn't worry because that is the way they do things but it certainly does suck.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 55
« Reply #871 on: March 01, 2021, 12:09:48 PM »
Sooooo my application is from March 2020 - biometrics submitted 26/8. My MP has sent THREE letters with no response. I’ve contacted the Twitter account to ensure my biometrics were submitted and they confirmed.

There has to be SOMETHING I can do I’m really starting to think they’ve lost my application...is this not absurd?

My mother in not in great health right now and it will be two years since I’ve seen her this April. I’d like to go home in the next three months but it doesn’t look likely....

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Met in U.K. September 2015
Engaged May 2016
Married March 2017 in USA
Biometrics May 16 2017
Sent application out May 19 2017
Acknowledgement Email from Sheffield May 24 2017
Upgraded Retroactively July 8

• Liked: 957
« Reply #872 on: March 01, 2021, 01:33:44 PM »
Sooooo my application is from March 2020 - biometrics submitted 26/8. My MP has sent THREE letters with no response. I’ve contacted the Twitter account to ensure my biometrics were submitted and they confirmed.

There has to be SOMETHING I can do I’m really starting to think they’ve lost my application...is this not absurd?

My mother in not in great health right now and it will be two years since I’ve seen her this April. I’d like to go home in the next three months but it doesn’t look likely....

Thanks in advance x

Possibly file a complaint with the ombudsman? You have to start with the official complaints process but you are now well out of the service standard for all visas. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

« Reply #873 on: March 01, 2021, 07:25:08 PM »

Thanks in advance x

Wow, that's awful. So sorry amber.cameron. Have you tried calling them recently?
UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 790 6268
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

« Reply #874 on: March 02, 2021, 09:29:59 AM »
Possibly file a complaint with the ombudsman? You have to start with the official complaints process but you are now well out of the service standard for all visas. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure
Thanks for this I had t heard of it I’ve just submitted one there. Hopefully we get a little bit further.

Cheers xx

Engaged May 2016
Biometrics May 16 2017

« Reply #875 on: March 02, 2021, 09:31:29 AM »
Wow, that's awful. So sorry amber.cameron. Have you tried calling them recently?
UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 790 6268
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Thank you for this I’ve submitted a complaint so I think I’ll hold off until next week (even though they said it can take up to 20 days to reply) before I call again. Completely unhelpful as 100% of people have said.

Thank you so much for your input xx

Engaged May 2016
Biometrics May 16 2017

« Reply #876 on: March 02, 2021, 09:34:09 AM »
Thanks for this I had t heard of it I’ve just submitted one there. Hopefully we get a little bit further.

Cheers xx

If they give you a reference number for the complaint, you may want to share that with your MP since they are also on the case and not getting a response. I'm so sorry you are still  waiting, that's so unfair and being able to travel if needed is important!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #877 on: March 08, 2021, 11:14:51 PM »
Hi All,

For those who have been waiting for more than 6 months on your ILR application can send your complaints directly to Home office. You will have to send your full name, application reference number, date of birth and nationality on the following email ID - complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. I got my response from there.

Just thought of sharing if it helps someone. Thanks.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #878 on: March 13, 2021, 07:46:35 PM »
Finally got approval email on Friday for my ILR after 6 months wait. I did draft letter for MP 😀 but in the end I did it myself by writing to the above email. On to next steps for citizenship.

Thank you to this forum supporters and a big shout to Ksand24 for helping me with my queries 😍✌️

Cheers and best wishes to others who are waiting...be patient you will hear back from them.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #879 on: March 13, 2021, 07:48:06 PM »
Congratulations !

« Reply #880 on: March 13, 2021, 07:53:37 PM »
Congratulations !

« Reply #881 on: March 13, 2021, 08:05:52 PM »
Finally got approval email on Friday for my ILR after 6 months wait. I did draft letter for MP but in the end I did it myself by writing to the above email. On to next steps for citizenship.

Thank you to this forum supporters and a big shout to Ksand24 for helping me with my queries

Cheers and best wishes to others who are waiting...be patient you will hear back from them.
Congratulations! So glad you've got your approval.

• Liked: 30
« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2021, 10:11:08 PM »
An update from me in case anyone in a similar situation is following. I never got tracking formation for my BRP. After waiting 10 business days, I submitted a missing BRP report/complaint to HO. They responded on the 20th day with a tracking number. I called the tracking company with the number, and they said as it’s been over 30 days they’ve returned the BRP to HO (it had been over 30 days when I got my response from HO initially, so not sure why they bothered sending a tracking number). So I’ve filed another lost BRP thing and hopefully this time they’ll actually send the BRP with tracking information. I’m worried they’ll send me the same tracking info again which is no longer valid, but I’m just going to wait and see. I have to take holiday this summer but don’t have anything booked until late July so luckily I’m not under significant time pressure.
Met: Aug 2013
Started Dating: Oct 2013
Engaged: Sept 2017
Online app submitted: 17 Oct 2017
Biometrics & mailed in: 20 Oct 2017
Received by Sheffield: 23 Oct 2017
Decision email:

« Reply #883 on: March 30, 2021, 06:35:41 PM »
Hello All

Just a wee update here.

After one year and 3 days after submitting my FLRM Visa application I have finally been granted my visa!

I submitted biometrics via the app on august 26th.

After seeing people submitting Biometrics months after me and getting decisions and my MP sending countless letters  I put a complaint in on March 1. Yesterday was the 20 business day time frame for them to reply. Today at 11am I have finally got the email from the home office that it was granted.

The complaints team actually had the cheek to email me and say my complaint won’t be upheld because my visa was granted today. (No sh*t it was only granted because I put a complaint in)

It’s been one of the worst experiences of my life and I pray it is not the same for ILR. I know it’s not the same for everyone and I apologize for being so negative when I just got granted my visa. But one year for a decision was just unacceptable for me when some were getting decisions within a month.

On the bright side though if you have been waiting over the recommended time frame it seems that complaints are working even if they are one day late ;)

Hoping nobody has had to deal with the same time frame as me and if you have put a complaint in!

My timeline

FLRM Visa application submitted 27/3/20
Biometrics submitted via app 26/8/20
Complaint put in 1/3/21
Visa granted 30/3/21

Happy applications everyone xoxo

Engaged May 2016
Biometrics May 16 2017

« Reply #884 on: March 30, 2021, 06:47:44 PM »
Hello All

Just a wee update here.

After one year and 3 days after submitting my FLRM Visa application I have finally been granted my visa!

I submitted biometrics via the app on august 26th.

After seeing people submitting Biometrics months after me and getting decisions and my MP sending countless letters  I put a complaint in on March 1. Yesterday was the 20 business day time frame for them to reply. Today at 11am I have finally got the email from the home office that it was granted.

The complaints team actually had the cheek to email me and say my complaint won’t be upheld because my visa was granted today. (No sh*t it was only granted because I put a complaint in)

It’s been one of the worst experiences of my life and I pray it is not the same for ILR. I know it’s not the same for everyone and I apologize for being so negative when I just got granted my visa. But one year for a decision was just unacceptable for me when some were getting decisions within a month.

On the bright side though if you have been waiting over the recommended time frame it seems that complaints are working even if they are one day late ;)

Hoping nobody has had to deal with the same time frame as me and if you have put a complaint in!

My timeline

FLRM Visa application submitted 27/3/20
Biometrics submitted via app 26/8/20
Complaint put in 1/3/21
Visa granted 30/3/21

Happy applications everyone xoxo

Wow, I'm so glad you finally have your visa. Congratulations!!!  :D

Undoubtedly yours will be the story we will bring out when someone is upset at having to wait a bit longer than everyone else!

So sorry it took so long, it may have fallen down the back of someones desk but at least they didn't loose it altogether!  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab