Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My initial Fiance visa questions...  (Read 1481 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: My initial Fiance visa questions...
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2020, 06:34:44 PM »
Which box did you tick when it asked you whether your income has been continuous or not, and if it has been above or below the requirements for the entire time?

There seems to be a bit of a bug in the online application where if you tick the 'wrong' box it tells you to send 12 months instead of 6 months, even though you actually only need to send 6 months.

I checked the "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount". As I said, my basic covers the £18600 but I work overtime so my pay is always more than it "should" be. I've worked for the same company since September 2015 and been on the same contract/pay since September 2019. So that seems like the option that best fits my situation, unless I'm reading it wrong?

So maybe I only need to upload the 6 months after all? And it's just a bug?

Thanks for the quick response!!

• Liked: 3238
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2020, 07:05:48 PM »
I checked the "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount". As I said, my basic covers the £18600 but I work overtime so my pay is always more than it "should" be. I've worked for the same company since September 2015 and been on the same contract/pay since September 2019. So that seems like the option that best fits my situation, unless I'm reading it wrong?

Ah, yes, that would be why it is telling you to send 12 months of payslips, because it thinks you do not qualify under Category A.

The stupid thing about the application form is that the option that 'best fits' your situation is not necessarily the 'correct' answer you need to put on the form.

Actually, since you are on a contracted 'base' salary, you HAVE been earning the same amount continuously... because your base salary before overtime is the same every month.

If you have not submitted the application yet, and it will let you go back and edit your answers, I would change it to:

"The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount"
(because you have been earning the same base salary continuously for the full 6 months).

And it should then say you only need to provide 6 months.

So maybe I only need to upload the 6 months after all? And it's just a bug?

Yes - though actually it's not so much that it's a bug, it's that the question has been badly-worded, meaning you end up thinking it's asking one thing, when actually it's asking something different.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2020, 07:34:30 PM »
Ah, yes, that would be why it is telling you to send 12 months of payslips, because it thinks you do not qualify under Category A.

The stupid thing about the application form is that the option that 'best fits' your situation is not necessarily the 'correct' answer you need to put on the form.

Actually, since you are on a contracted 'base' salary, you HAVE been earning the same amount continuously... because your base salary before overtime is the same every month.

If you have not submitted the application yet, and it will let you go back and edit your answers, I would change it to:

"The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount"
(because you have been earning the same base salary continuously for the full 6 months).

And it should then say you only need to provide 6 months.

Yes - though actually it's not so much that it's a bug, it's that the question has been badly-worded, meaning you end up thinking it's asking one thing, when actually it's asking something different.

Oh that really is stupid!  >:( Thank you for all the information, I'll change it as you suggested and hopefully that'll give me the 6 months option  ;)

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 05:48:02 PM »
Another day, another 300 questions!  [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] Ok, two...

1. In the online application form do I state my salary as the amount on my work contract and employee letter (they match)? Or from my P60 which shows a higher amount because of overtime... I assume the one on my contract, but just wanted to check  ;D

2. The sponsor letter. I've used the template previously suggested on this thread (thank you!) but do I need to write the document checklist on the end too? I've seen some people seem to have done this, yet I believe I've read that it's unnecessary as there's a document checklist when you upload?

Thanks in advance  ;)

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 08:26:12 PM »
Another day, another 300 questions!  [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] Ok, two...

1. In the online application form do I state my salary as the amount on my work contract and employee letter (they match)? Or from my P60 which shows a higher amount because of overtime... I assume the one on my contract, but just wanted to check  ;D

You put your base annual salary as listed on your contract, employer letter and I assume somewhere on your payslips.

2. The sponsor letter. I've used the template previously suggested on this thread (thank you!) but do I need to write the document checklist on the end too? I've seen some people seem to have done this, yet I believe I've read that it's unnecessary as there's a document checklist when you upload?

No, you don’t really need to include the document list as well.

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »
As usual, thank you for answering my endless questions! Just wondering if someone could confirm whether my document list looks good? We're going to complete the online application tomorrow, then hopefully get a biometrics appointment soon, and of course upload all these docs! We're applying under Category A, no dependants, no previous marriages, no convictions, etc. Think/Hope our application is pretty straight forward!  [smiley=love.gif]

1. Sponsor letter
2. Copy of sponsor passport bio page
3. Employment letter
4. Work contract
5. P60
6. Just over 6 months of payslips (first dated 13th March, final 2nd Oct)
7. Just over 6 months of bank statements to cover payslips (Feb 21st (includes final 2 March payslips) - Oct 3rd (includes Oct 2nd payslip)*
8. Accommodation letter from parents (homeowners where we will live)
9. Land registry document
10. Parent's Council tax bill
11. Parent's latest water bill
12. Copies of parent's passport bio pages
13. Whatsapp call logs
14. Whatsapp chat messages
15. Flight confirmations and boarding passes
16. Photos from visits
17. Wedding registry email (just enquiring about dates)
18. Engagement ring receipts
19. Wedding dress, wedding veil, and wedding dress alteration receipts

Wondering whether to add some pics of letters/cards we've sent each other too???

*7. I have a mix of posted original bank statements (mid March to mid Sept) and then a partial statement (printed and stamped at the bank for 1st May to 2nd Oct (idk why they gave me this weird time span  [smiley=bomb.gif]). Because I wanted to include my latest payslips as my pay was a little messed up (they paid me my old salary >:() in my final 2 March payslips (I get paid weekly, my postal statements run from the 20th to 20th of each month). Is this going to look weird??? Only thing I could do to have all my statements match is to wait to upload my docs on the 26th Oct when I should receive my next posted bank statement. But that's so far away!  [smiley=bigcry.gif]. Thank you for any thoughts!!

I believe we can submit our application now, and then upload the documents any time up until my fiancees biometrics appointment? Is that right? Does she need to take any physically to her appointment? Or just her passport? (Sorry, maybe this is covered when we submit?!)

Also, maybe the dumbest question of them all!  :o But we tick "Single" and not "Unmarried partner" right? Because it seems weird that we'd say we're single, yet we haven't lived together! ::)

Thank you for any confirmation/comments/suggestions regarding our document list. We're so grateful for all your help, especially you ksand24 - you've been amazing!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:59:26 PM by VictoriaSt »

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2020, 08:24:08 PM »
Just going to arrange them into the different application sections, to make sure you have everything. My additions are in blue.

Applicant Documents (to be mailed)
- Applicant's passport
- Stamped biometrics confirmation sheet
- First page of online application
- Return shipping label
- Return packaging
- Receipt for Settlement Priority Processing (if purchasing)

Sponsor Documents
- Sponsor letter
- Copy of sponsor passport bio page

Financial requirement
- Just over 6 months of payslips (first dated 13th March, final 2nd Oct)
- Just over 6 months of bank statements to cover payslips (Feb 21st (includes final 2 March payslips) - Oct 3rd (includes Oct 2nd payslip)*
- Employment letter
- Work contract
- P60

Accommodation Documents
- Land registry document
- Accommodation letter from parents (homeowners where we will live)

Relationship Documents (in order of importance)
- No more than 2 photos of you and your fiance together, no one else in the pictures... one from the beginning of the relationship, one recent photo
- Flight confirmations and boarding passes
- actual letters/cards you've sent each other
- Whatsapp call logs
-  Whatsapp chat messages

Evidence of plans to marry
- Wedding registry email (just enquiring about dates)
- Engagement ring receipts
- Wedding dress, wedding veil, and wedding dress alteration receipts

Documents you do NOT need:
10. Parent's Council tax bill
11. Parent's latest water bill
12. Copies of parent's passport bio pages

*7. I have a mix of posted original bank statements (mid March to mid Sept) and then a partial statement (printed and stamped at the bank for 1st May to 2nd Oct (idk why they gave me this weird time span  [smiley=bomb.gif]). Because I wanted to include my latest payslips as my pay was a little messed up (they paid me my old salary >:() in my final 2 March payslips (I get paid weekly, my postal statements run from the 20th to 20th of each month). Is this going to look weird??? Only thing I could do to have all my statements match is to wait to upload my docs on the 26th Oct when I should receive my next posted bank statement. But that's so far away!  [smiley=bigcry.gif]. Thank you for any thoughts!!

Nope, they do not need to all match... as long as each individual statement meets the requirements, that's all that matters.

It's normal to have different bank statements, actually - most people have a mixture of mailed, printed and stamped bank statements, as often they need to get a partial statement printed, or they can only order a certain number of mailed statements and have to get the rest stamped.

I believe we can submit our application now, and then upload the documents any time up until my fiancees biometrics appointment? Is that right? Does she need to take any physically to her appointment? Or just her passport? (Sorry, maybe this is covered when we submit?!)

You can submit now, then the documents need to be uploaded to the VFS Global website at the time you book biometrics and pay for any extra services (like shipping labels and settlement priority processing).

For the biometrics appointment, she takes with her:
- her passport
- her biometrics appointment confirmation sheet.

They will check her passport, stamp the appointment sheet, take her fingerprints and photo and send her home - should all be done in 5-10 minutes. She then has 5 days to mail her passport, stamped appointment sheet, return shipping label and packaging,  and settlement priority processing receipt (if using) to New York.

Biometrics will be done by US immigration on behalf of UKVI - they have nothing to do with your application and don't care what visa you are applying for. They are just providing a fingerprint/photo service.

See here for more information about applying in the USA:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Also, maybe the dumbest question of them all!  :o But we tick "Single" and not "Unmarried partner" right? Because it seems weird that we'd say we're single, yet we haven't lived together! ::)

The form is badly designed because it does not have a fiance/engaged option. If it gives her the option to tick 'Other', then do that (and if it lets you, type in fiance). Otherwise I think you may have to tick Single, even though it's not true.

DO NOT tick Unmarried Partner, as that is a different visa altogether and you do not qualify for it... it is only for people who have no intention of ever getting married, but they have legally lived together in a 'relationship akin to marriage' for 24 consecutive months before applying.

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »
Quick question as I'm uploading docs!

Does it matter which category things are uploaded in? I've only got everything uploaded in:

Consent letters and proof of relationship (all our whatsapp stuff, wedding stuff, etc)
Additional documents/others (UK Visa Checklist that we got after we submitted the online application)
Sponsor evidence (Sponsor letter, employment letter, bank statements, payslips, accommodation letter, etc)

Is that right?! There are other folders to upload to (financial evidence, educational evidence...etc) Are these for other visas? Because the checklist they gave us just has passports on it  ???

Also the Document checklist they ask for, is that one I make with a list of the docs I've actually uploaded, or the one from the government website "UK Visa Checklist"?

Thank you  [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 09:05:10 PM by VictoriaSt »

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:32 PM »
Quick question as I'm uploading docs!

Does it matter which category things are uploaded in? I've only got everything uploaded in:

Consent letters and proof of relationship (all our whatsapp stuff, wedding stuff, etc)
Additional documents/others (UK Visa Checklist that we got after we submitted the online application)
Sponsor evidence (Sponsor letter, employment letter, bank statements, payslips, accommodation letter, etc)

Is that right?! There are other folders to upload to (financial evidence, educational evidence...etc) Are these for other visas? Because the checklist they gave us just has passports on it  ???

No, that's not correct - those sections ARE for your visa, though some do not need to be used as they do not apply to your personal circumstances.

I essentially already divided them into the correct upload sections for you in my post above.

The upload sections you need to use are as follows:

Financial
- payslips
- bank statements
- employer letter
- Job contract
- P60

Accommodation
- Land registry document
- Accommodation letter from parents

Additional Documents
- Applicant's US passport copy
- Any previous passports the applicant has held

“Category 2- Sponsor’s Documents”
Sponsor’s details
- UK passport copy
- Sponsor's letter of support for the visa

Proof of relationship
- 2 photos of you together
- Flight confirmations and boarding passes
- actual letters/cards you've sent each other
- Whatsapp call logs
-  Whatsapp chat messages
- Wedding registry email (just enquiring about dates)
- Engagement ring receipts
- Wedding dress, wedding veil, and wedding dress alteration receipts

Sections you do not need to use:
•  Employment
•  Educational
•  Tuberculosis

Also the Document checklist they ask for, is that one I make with a list of the docs I've actually uploaded, or the one from the government website "UK Visa Checklist"?

There should have been a Document Checklist created for you when you submitted the online application. I believe it should have a list of all the documents needed (financial, accommodation, proof of relationship etc.). You need to sign it and upload it as well (or include it in the package when you mail the passport to New York)

See here for more information about all the upload sections, what you do with the document checklist, and how you submit everything, under the Settlement Supporting Documents section:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/vacs/supporting-documents

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »
No, that's not correct - those sections ARE for your visa, though some do not need to be used as they do not apply to your personal circumstances.

I essentially already divided them into the correct upload sections for you in my post above.

Sections you do not need to use:
•  Employment
•  Educational
•  Tuberculosis

Thank you, sorry I'm really so stressed and anxious and ahh about all this!

There should have been a Document Checklist created for you when you submitted the online application. I believe it should have a list of all the documents needed (financial, accommodation, proof of relationship etc.). You need to sign it and upload it as well (or include it in the package when you mail the passport to New York)

We have a checklist but the weird thing is it only lists as mandatory evidence:

1. One proof of British citizenship for (Sponsor name) (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)
2. Copy of the bio data page of the passport or travel document for (Sponsor name) from British Citizen
3. Proof that (Applicant name) and Sponsor name) intend to marry within 6 months
4. The passport or travel document for (Applicant name) from UnitedStates of America

Then it says "Your application may be refused if you do not provide your passport. We may also ask you to provide more documents at a later
date". That's it. 4 checkboxes  ??? Could we have missed tick boxes on the application? I can't see how as we were so careful filling it out. Might it be a good idea to cancel the application and redo it???

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:51 PM »
Thank you, sorry I'm really so stressed and anxious and ahh about all this!

We have a checklist but the weird thing is it only lists as mandatory evidence:

1. One proof of British citizenship for (Sponsor name) (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)
2. Copy of the bio data page of the passport or travel document for (Sponsor name) from British Citizen
3. Proof that (Applicant name) and Sponsor name) intend to marry within 6 months
4. The passport or travel document for (Applicant name) from UnitedStates of America

To be honest, I haven't seen the actual checklist, so I'm not sure exactly what it has on it normally, but I have been assuming that it lists all the different documents required, since the link I posted above says to use the checklist when uploading the documents.

Just to double-check though:
- what visa type did you select when you applied online?
- how much did you pay for the visa fee?

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2020, 10:47:22 PM »
To be honest, I haven't seen the actual checklist, so I'm not sure exactly what it has on it normally, but I have been assuming that it lists all the different documents required, since the link I posted above says to use the checklist when uploading the documents.

Just to double-check though:
- what visa type did you select when you applied online?
- how much did you pay for the visa fee?

TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Apply to enter the UK as a partner
2035.00 USD

I'm so confused!

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Apply to enter the UK as a partner
2035.00 USD

I'm so confused!

Okay, that's the correct visa fee for a fiance visa, so that's good :). I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't accidentally applied for a Marriage Visitor Visa instead, as it can be an easy mistake to make.

For a fiance visa, when you started the application, the visa type selected would have been:
Settlement -> Settlement -> Marriage

It sounds like you've done everything right, so I assume there's nothing to worry about, as long as you upload all the documents you need, even if they are not on the checklist.

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »
Okay, that's the correct visa fee for a fiance visa, so that's good :). I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't accidentally applied for a Marriage Visitor Visa instead, as it can be an easy mistake to make.

For a fiance visa, when you started the application, the visa type selected would have been:
Settlement -> Settlement -> Marriage

It sounds like you've done everything right, so I assume there's nothing to worry about, as long as you upload all the documents you need, even if they are not on the checklist.

Thank you for the reassurance! We were so confused!  [smiley=bigcry.gif] We just really want to get all this right, obviously! We've just looked through the application we submitted and it's all filled in as you would expect with questions about marriage and everything, so fingers crossed! We'll upload the docs in each category as you so kindly said to above (Thank you again, sorry that my stress-brain chose not to understand your first post about it!) You've been so helpful throughout this process, we're entirely grateful for all your help and advice. Thank you from us both  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2021, 07:14:20 PM »
We got our YES!!  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you so much to everyone who answered all my many many questions, especially ksand24  [smiley=daisy.gif] I don't know what we would've done without your advice and knowledge!  :o

We're now in the process of figuring out how the heck to get all her stuff here! Guess I'll be migrating over to the "Moving Issues" part of the board!  [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab