Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa - 2nd renewal - Indefinite leave to remain  (Read 2383 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Spouse Visa - 2nd renewal - Indefinite leave to remain
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:21 PM »
Hello,

In addition to the NARIC letter question, can someone please let me know on the below?

* Land Registry - do I need an official hardcopy obtained via mail in the last 6 months? I have the original one from when we moved into our house about 5 years ago and the online Land Registry I printed today. I'm hoping that's sufficient...

*  At this point, it looks like the earliest I can get an appointment will be in early February. With that, do I need to obtain a different set of the 6 sources of proof of address working backwards and starting in Jan'21 (and every 5 months to cover the 2.5 years) or can my documents be from Dec'20 and working backwards?

* My payroll is paid towards the end of the month which is also the first/second day of my monthly bank statement - so the payroll will always be over 28 days old when I get the official bank statement in the mail.... I'm with HSBC. Does anyone have experience on how to go about getting an official partial bank statement? Or can I use the online version printed off from their website for the last one?...

Thank you so much!

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:50 AM »
Last one today....

What time do the appointments get released? It doesn't seem to be at midnight 28 days ahead...

Also, even at the core locations like Croydon, it looks like there is a charge for appointments during the regular hours between 9- 5 pm.... When are the free slots available?

Thank you

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 04:42:48 AM »
Last one today....

What time do the appointments get released? It doesn't seem to be at midnight 28 days ahead...

Also, even at the core locations like Croydon, it looks like there is a charge for appointments during the regular hours between 9- 5 pm.... When are the free slots available?

Thank you

Most people report that they are released some time after midnight but that doesn't necessarily mean that it happens every day.  You will just have to keep trying.                 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 04:46:56 AM »
Hello,

In addition to the NARIC letter question, can someone please let me know on the below?

* Land Registry - do I need an official hardcopy obtained via mail in the last 6 months? I have the original one from when we moved into our house about 5 years ago and the online Land Registry I printed today. I'm hoping that's sufficient...

*  At this point, it looks like the earliest I can get an appointment will be in early February. With that, do I need to obtain a different set of the 6 sources of proof of address working backwards and starting in Jan'21 (and every 5 months to cover the 2.5 years) or can my documents be from Dec'20 and working backwards?

* My payroll is paid towards the end of the month which is also the first/second day of my monthly bank statement - so the payroll will always be over 28 days old when I get the official bank statement in the mail.... I'm with HSBC. Does anyone have experience on how to go about getting an official partial bank statement? Or can I use the online version printed off from their website for the last one?...

Thank you so much!

Land registry, either of those will be fine.

The date you submitted and paid for your online application is the one that counts for all your document timing.

You need all of your financial documents to be within the 28 days so that's the most recent of the bank statements, the pay slips and  also the employer's letter. You need to either call your bank and have them send you an additional statement or go into branch and have them print it out/stamp it on each page.

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 08:13:49 AM »
Thank you Larrabee!

On the 28 days, just to confirm, they need to be within 28 days of 3 Jan'21 which is the day I submitted my online application and paid for the processing? So even if my appointment may be in February, I don't need to worry about having to update any of the documents?

If so, I would imagine it's still ok if some of the documents may be dated after I submitted my application like the employment letter which I'm waiting to receive?...I get confused between the 28 days vs the 6 months requirements for documents...

Lastly, does anyone know what a NARIC letter is? Would an official transcript (even though it's dated from a few years ago) + the diploma with the apostille stamp be sufficient which were the case last time?

Thank  you!

• Liked: 3589
Spouse Visa - 2nd renewal - Indefinite leave to remain
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
Thank you Larrabee!

On the 28 days, just to confirm, they need to be within 28 days of 3 Jan'21 which is the day I submitted my online application and paid for the processing? So even if my appointment may be in February, I don't need to worry about having to update any of the documents?

That’s correct.

If you submitted your online application on 3rd Jan, then your latest payslip, bank statement and the employer letter must be dated between:

6th December and 3rd Jan

They should not be dated any later than 3rd of Jan because that is your official application date and you have to show that all your documents were in order and you met all the requirements on 3rd Jan.

Lastly, does anyone know what a NARIC letter is? Would an official transcript (even though it's dated from a few years ago) + the diploma with the apostille stamp be sufficient which were the case last time?

A NARIC letter is a letter from (NARIC National Academic Recognition Information Centre) confirming that your degree is equivalent to a U.K. degree and that it was taught in English.

It looks like as of 6th April 2016 it is now a requirement to have a NARIC letter for ILR and that the visa will be refused without it:

https://www.wmimmigration.com/foreign-degrees-now-require-naric-certificate/

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

From the second link:

If your degree was taught or researched in English

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

If your degree is from a UK university, you only need your degree certificate.

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:

-a copy of your degree certificate

- an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 10:24:02 AM »
Here’s how to apply for a NARIC letter:
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/

It looks like it costs £140 plus VAT for the letter, which can take 10 working days once they have received your documents.

There is a fast track service available to get it within 24-48 hours, but it costs an extra £174 plus VAT on top of the £140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »
Thank you so much for the information, ksand!

NARIC..... I'll have to request it now and given I likely won't be able to get an appointment until sometime in February, it looks like I'll have enough time to get it the standard way but it'll be dated after my application date.... since it's not a financial document, I'm hoping that's fine but does anyone know if this will be an issue?...

It looks like I'll also need to request the Medium of instruction letter from my uni in the US to confirm all the courses were taught entirely in English. I thought the UK had the list of all the accredited US universities, and that's why I didn't need anything other than the official transcript / diploma with the apostile so far.... strange that I need this letter on the medium of instruction & the NARIC letter now in my 3rd time getting a UK visa....(the last spouse visa renewal was in Aug'18 - so it was after 2016....)

I suppose there is no way out of this?...

Thank you!

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 01:00:53 PM »
NARIC..... I'll have to request it now and given I likely won't be able to get an appointment until sometime in February, it looks like I'll have enough time to get it the standard way but it'll be dated after my application date.... since it's not a financial document, I'm hoping that's fine but does anyone know if this will be an issue?...

It should be okay - as long as you have it, I don't think the date will be an issue, especially in Covid times as they are being a bit more lenient with the documents as it's more difficult to get them at the moment.

You can always choose to book your biometrics for a later date as well, if you need to.

The important thing is that your online application is submitted before your current BRP expires - so it doesn't matter too much when you attend biometrics... some people had to wait up to 6 months from applying before they could even book biometrics last year because all the UKVCAS centres were closed from March to June/July/August.

It looks like I'll also need to request the Medium of instruction letter from my uni in the US to confirm all the courses were taught entirely in English. I thought the UK had the list of all the accredited US universities, and that's why I didn't need anything other than the official transcript / diploma with the apostile so far.... strange that I need this letter on the medium of instruction & the NARIC letter now in my 3rd time getting a UK visa....(the last spouse visa renewal was in Aug'18 - so it was after 2016....)

I suppose there is no way out of this?...

No, unfortunately, you must provide the NARIC certificate now.

Note that the NARIC letter is ONLY required for ILR and citizenship, and NOT for the spousal visa and FLR(M), which is why your official transcript was fine in 2018, but it's not now.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 12:39:15 AM »
Thank you, ksand. I managed to get the necessary documents to put the NARIC certification process in motion - so I should have it in a couple of weeks.

On the appointment, do free appointments ever come available?... I saw a bunch of new appointments come up for 1 Feb. after midnight but none free...? If they're released 28 days in advance, you would think there will be some free ones everyday that they're released....

In any case, I booked an appointment now and paid the fee but would like to see if anything earlier becomes available but now that I have an appointment, I can't seem to view the availabilities anymore.... would I be able to see them only if I cancel the current appointment?... The last times I booked to get my visa appointments, I feel I could still view other appointments after I had booked mine...

Thank you!

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 11:26:33 PM »
Hello!

My ILR appointment is coming up in the first week of Feb - so I wanted to confirm I have all the supporting documents.

I applied at the beginning of January - so I've collected the documents working back 28 days from then as kindly advised before. Does this list look right or do I need anything else?

•   Passport (myself + husband)
•   Current BRP
•   Declaration signed by my husband
•   Pay slips / corresponding bank statements x 6 (July-Dec’20)
•   6 forms of correspondences  – 3 sources
o   June 2018 / Nov. 2018 / Apr. 2019 / Sept. 2019 / Feb. 2020 / July 2020 / Dec. 2020
•   Marriage certificate
•   Uni official transcript
•   Uni Medium of instruction
•   Evidence of council tax costs
•   Employment letter
•   NARIC certificate
•   School registration & Address confirmations for my children
•   Birth certificates of my children
•   Land registry

In particular, I just wanted to double-confirm I don't need to bring my children's passports (they're already British) or other passports my husband / my kids hold (US).

Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links