Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK to US travel unmarried  (Read 717 times)

• Liked: 0
UK to US travel unmarried
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:35:26 AM »
Morning, I am trying to visit my girlfriend who lives in California we have been together for three years and I was just about to fly out to propose to her So we could properly start our lives together- and then COVID happened.

It’s been a really tough few weeks and and as the months of this travel ban continue, I’ve decided I need to see her regardless of the challenge it may be.

Could anyone advise me on the options I may have, i have read about travelling via Mexico or Turkey and staying there for two weeks. Are those the only two options I have And if that is viable would I just get a standard B2 from those countries?

Thanks so much in advanced, Mark

• Liked: 676
Re: UK to US travel unmarried
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »
Morning, I am trying to visit my girlfriend who lives in California we have been together for three years and I was just about to fly out to propose to her So we could properly start our lives together- and then COVID happened.

It’s been a really tough few weeks and and as the months of this travel ban continue, I’ve decided I need to see her regardless of the challenge it may be.

Could anyone advise me on the options I may have, i have read about travelling via Mexico or Turkey and staying there for two weeks. Are those the only two options I have And if that is viable would I just get a standard B2 from those countries?

Thanks so much in advanced, Mark

Hi.

Depending on which state you go to, you might have to do 14 days in quarantine on arrival regardless of where you flew in from. I'm not sure about California - the last time I looked there was no mandatory quarantine listed for foreign travelers. There also was none advertised for the state I went to, but two days after arrival I got slapped with a quarantine order by  that state, so direct contact with the officials in California will be better for you than relying on anything you read online.

California is having a tough time right now - between Covid, heat, and the fires. Visiting for anything other than life/death or end of life of a relative is probably unwise. Even for that last one, it might be best to say goodbye long-distance.

Sorry I can't be more positive for you. Again, check with CDS and Department of Homeland Security websites to see if anything has changed. Otherwise, I'd say it's not possible for a UK citizen to visit the USA for non-essential (or any) purposes right now unless they already have residency approvals. Although the loophole you discuss might be possible. It could change at any time, though. So be careful and prepared.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

I'm pretty sure Mexico won't work.  https://mx.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/  But this mostly deals with crossing the border on the ground. Not sure how they'd handle a hopper flight - if there are any flying.

Good luck!

PS - https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/worldwide/worldwide-travel-alerts
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:02:37 PM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab