Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: LONDON CROYDON BIOMETRICS for FLR (M)  (Read 1312 times)

• Liked: 257
LONDON CROYDON BIOMETRICS for FLR (M)
« on: September 15, 2020, 11:58:13 PM »
Hi All,

I wanted to start another thread for those who specifically submitted their biometrics at the LONDON CROYDON Sopra Steria Service Centre.

Date of online application submission: June 12th 2020.

Received email for re-using biometrics/IDV App: August 1st 2020

DECIDED TO OPT OUT OF THE IDV APP IN FAVOUR OF IN-PERSON BIOMETRICS AND SCANNING SERVICES and responded back on August 3rd 2020 advising to OPT OUT.

Received standard response back in August 3rd 2020 advising on application delays due to covid-19 and that visa holder is covered under Section 3C regardless of expiry of previous spousal visa/BRP.

Received email on August 13th 2020 to book appointment for biometrics as we had opted-out of the IDV App/reuse previous biometrics. When booking the biometrics appointment, there were NO appointments available in ANY of the following CENTRAL LONDON SOPRA STERIA offices (Central London would have been ideal for us as we live in Zone 2 and about 10 mins into City of London)

Nearest tube station VICTORIA - Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, Pimlico
London - NO FREE OR PAID APPOINTMENTS

Nearest Tube station TOWER HILL - 20 Mark Lane

Nearest Tube Station STRATFORD - Stratford Library, 3 The Grove

Nearest Tube Station VICTORIA - Regus, 52 Grosvenor Gardens

We finally managed to find an appointment for SEPTEMBER 5th in CROYDON, Bedford Point, 35 Dingwall Road
Croydon (only paid appointments available, £135.00)

Biometrics were taken and documents were scanned and submitted on Saturday September 5th.

And now we wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:06:51 AM by j2j »
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

• Liked: 6110
Re: LONDON CROYDON BIOMETRICS for FLR (M)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:02:39 AM »
Good luck!

• Liked: 18
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 11:11:39 AM »
Thanks j2j. Most useful.

We live north west of London so we're unsure if we'd want to go all the way to Croydon if that was the only option. I've been reading the various threads and I think we're going to go down the IDV route.

M.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »
Thanks j2j. Most useful.

We live north west of London so we're unsure if we'd want to go all the way to Croydon if that was the only option. I've been reading the various threads and I think we're going to go down the IDV route.

M.
We were in the the same boat and central london would have been ideal, alas we went to Croydon as that was the only site which had any appointments and that too 3 weeks out!

I will be speaking to my MP at some point In the new year as I think it’s ludicrous that we had to pay for an appointment when paid appointments are normally for same day/next day, especially when it’s £135.00

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »
I am pretty sure the answer to this question is going to be “don’t bother!” But was wondering is there any point in contacting the sopra steria customer services number to enquire about the status of the application? My wife genuinely needs to travel overseas and it’s now been over 3.5 months since we submitted online application for FLR (M) and submitted biometrics/scanned documents on 5th of September...

Should I just keep waiting it out?

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 01:30:06 PM »
Right...
So I ended up NOT calling Sopra Steria but instead spoke to UKVI directly via their contact centre.

This was specifically for in-country applications such as extending status etc (including FLR(M))

Telephone Number: 0300 123 2241

Was greeted by a UKVI rep who took down some details such as application reference number, applicant name, email address, telephone number and date of online application (which in our case was June 2020)

I advised the rep that it has now been over 3.5 months since application was submitted online and nearly 4 weeks since biometrics submission... the rep was able to track the application and confirmed it had been received by the HO and should be processed within the next week/10 days or so (he also confirmed that this had been escalated due to the time it has taken)

To the experts.... Do I take this as a pinch of salt or do I have faith in UKVI contact centre staff in what they say....

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »
Anyone else had any updates, specifically for those who attended biometrics in Croydon?

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 11:08:43 AM »
Email approval and new BRP in hand.
For completeness, please see the below dates and activities.

June 12th 2020 - Online submission for FLR (M).

August 3rd 2020 - Received generic email advising delays in processing of application due to Covid-19.

August 3rd 2020 - Received email to advise that previous biometrics can be re-used.

August 6th 2020 - Responded to previous email as we decided to opt out of the IDV App as we preferred an in person appointment and document scanning service.

August 13th 2020: Received email advising us to book an appointment at a Sopra Steria centre. Whilst searching for appointments there were no free appointments or paid appointments at any London Location (as we live in London) we finally managed to find the first paid appointment in Croydon (no free appointments) for the 5th of September.

5th September 2020: Attended biometrics appointment in London Croydon, this included a document scanning service and submission to UKVI. (Note: it helps if your documents are in order based on the checklist, this expedited the entire appointment and my wife was in and out in half an hour, inclusive of document scanning, biometrics and digital photograph)

25th September 2020: Received approval email advising that BRP will arrive in approx 7-10 days.

30th September 2020: Received new BRP in the post.

Note: Not that I think it makes any difference to the timeline what so ever, but I did also contact my MP on 23rd September to brief him on the situation.

For all those applicants still waiting (and your respective patient spouses!) Hang in there and as always I am available for any questions/concerns/anxiety management.

J

Sponsored Links