Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I lost my BRP and I need to travel to the US in 2 weeks :/  (Read 334 times)

• Liked: 4
I lost my BRP and I need to travel to the US in 2 weeks :/
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:12:27 AM »
Hi everyone

I lost my biometric residence permit yesterday here in the UK and I need to travel back to the US in 2-3 weeks to see my family. I don’t want to take any risk and travel without it just in case the UKBC refuse me entry coming back.

I reported it lost and paid the fees but when I try to book an appointment on UKVCAS all of the locations are not available. I live in London.

Do anybody know the best option for me? Should I just take the risk? I do have a photo of my BRP that I can show the immigration officers upon arrival back to the UK but now it’s reported lost so I don’t think it will be valid anymore.

Should I call UKVCAS to see if they can book an appointment for me over the photo? Also is there a way I can pay for priority to get a replacement within two weeks?   
March 2018 - My child was born :)
Type of Visa: Excercising Access Rights To A British Child Visa
Applying from: USA
Priority Application Submitted: 15 June 2018
Biometrics: 20 June 2018
Application mailed to Sheffield: 20 June 2018
Acknowledge email from Sheffield: 27 June 2018
Non Straightforward email: 29 June 2018 (Due to past U.K. immigration history.)
Decision Email: Still Waiting
On the 60th Working Day as of Sept 19

• Liked: 3595
Re: I lost my BRP and I need to travel to the US in 2 weeks :/
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:27:04 AM »
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, you won't be allowed back into the country without a BRP, so you should not attempt to travel until you have your replacement BRP.

The reason you cannot see any appointments on the UKVCAS website is because you have to wait for UKVI to contact you by email to let you know when you can book an appointment... or if you are eligible to forego biometrics (they will reuse your previous biometrics) and instead use their new IDV (Identity Verification) app to submit an updated photo instead.

People are being contacted in application date order to book appointments/use the app so that they don't have thousands and thousands of people all trying to book appointments at the same time. 

See here for more info: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833

From that page:
Booking an appointment with UKVCAS
If UKVCAS received your application between 12 - 18 September 2020 you will receive an email by 23 September, inviting you to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app.

If UKVCAS received your application on or after 18 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page over the next few days to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app so watch this space!

Normally, you would be able to expedite the application by paying £800 for the Super Priority Service to get a decision within 24 hours of the biometrics appointment. However, the Super Priority Service is not currently available due to Covid (I believe you would have been offered the option when you submitted the application for a replacement, if it was available)... so unfortunately, you will just have to wait.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:29:39 AM »
Perfect and thank you so much for the information  :)
March 2018 - My child was born :)
Type of Visa: Excercising Access Rights To A British Child Visa
Applying from: USA
Priority Application Submitted: 15 June 2018
Biometrics: 20 June 2018
Application mailed to Sheffield: 20 June 2018
Acknowledge email from Sheffield: 27 June 2018
Non Straightforward email: 29 June 2018 (Due to past U.K. immigration history.)
Decision Email: Still Waiting
On the 60th Working Day as of Sept 19

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:27:39 AM »
I hope you get everything sorted Jordan.

Just a general point though. Don't carry your BRP around like you would photo ID, keep it at home in a safe place unless you are using it for travel.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
Just a general point though. Don't carry your BRP around like you would photo ID, keep it at home in a safe place unless you are using it for travel.

Yes, good advice :).

Best thing to do is lock your passport and BRP away in a safe (or similar) and don’t touch it unless you specifically need it for something, like travel, for a visa application, or if you need to prove your immigration status for a specific reason (like starting a new job or opening a bank account). That way there is no possibility of losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links