Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M)- when to apply and docs  (Read 631 times)

• Liked: 156
FLR (M)- when to apply and docs
« on: September 23, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »
Hi All,

Just need a bit of confirmation

We arrived Feb 15, 2019 in the UK, our visas were issued Jan 17th, 2019.

So if I have worked this out correctly 30months from date of entry is August 15, 2021 and we can apply July 18th, 2021 (28 days before)

For my kids what evidence do I need to submit for them, we haven't received mail here for them and when they do get post its addressed to us the parents.

We have joint bank account, council tax and also SSE statements is this enough and which months do I need to submit.

We also have TV License, Car Statements and Credit Card Statements that comes in our individual names.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR (M)- when to apply and docs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
We arrived Feb 15, 2019 in the UK, our visas were issued Jan 17th, 2019.

So if I have worked this out correctly 30months from date of entry is August 15, 2021 and we can apply July 18th, 2021 (28 days before)

Yes, that's correct. You can apply any time between July 18th and the expiry date on your BRP card.

For my kids what evidence do I need to submit for them, we haven't received mail here for them and when they do get post its addressed to us the parents.

You need to submit:
- their passports
- their BRPs (if they have visas)
- their birth certificates
- a letter confirming their address dated in the last 3 months before applying. This is usually from their GP or their school.

We have joint bank account, council tax and also SSE statements is this enough and which months do I need to submit.

We also have TV License, Car Statements and Credit Card Statements that comes in our individual names.

You will need to submit one document in each of you and your sponsor's name (either joint or individually addressed) dated every 4 months going back 2 years from when you apply for the FLR(M) visa. They must be from at least 3 different sources.

The types of documents you have mentioned above are fine to use, but you will need to make sure you have them for the correct months. Having monthly bank statements is very useful because you can use them to fill in any gaps where you don't have a different document available.

So, say you apply near the end of July 2021, you will need 1 document in each name from each of the following months:
July 2019
November 2019
March 2020
July 2020
November 2020
March 2021
July 2021

They MUST have been received in the mail in those months... you cannot use downloaded electronic statements, so you need to make sure you are receiving paper copies of everything in the post.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 03:26:41 PM »
Yes, that's correct. You can apply any time between July 18th and the expiry date on your BRP card.

You need to submit:
- their passports
- their BRPs (if they have visas)
- their birth certificates
- a letter confirming their address dated in the last 3 months before applying. This is usually from their GP or their school.

You will need to submit one document in each of you and your sponsor's name (either joint or individually addressed) dated every 4 months going back 2 years from when you apply for the FLR(M) visa. They must be from at least 3 different sources.

The types of documents you have mentioned above are fine to use, but you will need to make sure you have them for the correct months. Having monthly bank statements is very useful because you can use them to fill in any gaps where you don't have a different document available.

So, say you apply near the end of July 2021, you will need 1 document in each name from each of the following months:
July 2019
November 2019
March 2020
July 2020
November 2020
March 2021
July 2021

They MUST have been received in the mail in those months... you cannot use downloaded electronic statements, so you need to make sure you are receiving paper copies of everything in the post.
Thank you for your quick response, our bank statement and SSE are all electronic but I guess I can have those mailed to us, if we need them.

Our current bank statements are quarterly, how do I get them to be monthly?

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 03:38:48 PM »
Thank you for your quick response, our bank statement and SSE are all electronic but I guess I can have those mailed to us, if we need them.

That's fine, but you won't be able to use any of the electronic ones you have received so far, and you can't use back-dated statements either... so you can only use the bank statements and SSE that you receive between now and July 2021... and you will need to find other documents received in the post for the months between July 2019 and Sept 2020.

Our current bank statements are quarterly, how do I get them to be monthly?

It depends on whether your bank will issue them monthly or not - you'll have to ask them.

They may only issue them quarterly, in which case you may not be able to use them for the visa (unless they fall in the right months).

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 03:43:57 PM »
That's fine, but you won't be able to use any of the electronic ones you have received so far, and you can't use back-dated statements either... so you can only use the bank statements and SSE that you receive between now and July 2021... and you will need to find other documents received in the post for the months between July 2019 and Sept 2020.

It depends on whether your bank will issue them monthly or not - you'll have to ask them.

They may only issue them quarterly, in which case you may not be able to use them for the visa (unless they fall in the right months).
Well that puts us in a sticky situation. Everything is electronic and would mean, the last year of items are invalid because its online.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »
Well that puts us in a sticky situation. Everything is electronic and would mean, the last year of items are invalid because its online.

At least you're aware now though, so you can start saving as much mail as possible from now on.

Do you have ANY other mail you have received in the post since July 2019 that you can use?

The following are examples of acceptable documents:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

If you are unable to provide all the required documents with 4-monthly spacings, you just need to write a letter explaining why you can't.

We always recommend that you turn OFF paperless billing for everything as soon as you arrive in the UK, and that you save all the mail you receive in the post, so that you have plenty to choose from when it comes to applying for FLR(M) and ILR.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »
At least you're aware now though, so you can start saving as much mail as possible from now on.

Do you have ANY other mail you have received in the post since July 2019 that you can use?

The following are examples of acceptable documents:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

If you are unable to provide all the required documents with 4-monthly spacings, you just need to write a letter explaining why you can't.

We always recommend that you turn OFF paperless billing for everything as soon as you arrive in the UK, and that you save all the mail you receive in the post, so that you have plenty to choose from when it comes to applying for FLR(M) and ILR.
I am not sure what we have, as most of our mail is electronic. Our bank automatically switched us to online and also SSE.

We were receiving them in the mail, as I have a few months but then they were switched by the companies.

We do have some mail that have been sent to us in the post but not sure that we will have for each of the months we need.

I will have to organize what I have to see where we are at.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
 Going forward, just tell them you need monthly paper statements or if they no longer offer paper statements as an option, open an account with a different bank which does.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »
This is what I found after searching all the paper mail that we received.

Feb- Mar 2019
May-July 2019
Nov- June 2020

Most of these are dr appointments and in some months I am the only one that received any mail.

Also found the kids NHS registration letters.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 11:34:33 PM »
This is what I found after searching all the paper mail that we received.

Feb- Mar 2019
May-July 2019
Nov- June 2020

Most of these are dr appointments and in some months I am the only one that received any mail.

Okay, if you can list all the documents you have, with all the dates, and whether they are the applicant’s or the sponsor’s, we can help you work out the spacing.

Bear in mind that you have until the visa expires to apply so you may want to delay the application to August or September 2021 if you have mail for months that better fit with those dates instead.

Also found the kids NHS registration letters.

Those won’t be suitable to use for the kids’ documents as the letter from the GP must be dated no more than 3 months before the date you apply for FLR(M)... so if you apply in July they must be dated between April and July 2021.

But, if they are addressed to you, they could be used as part of your correspondence documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:19 PM »
Okay, if you can list all the documents you have, with all the dates, and whether they are the applicant’s or the sponsor’s, we can help you work out the spacing.

Bear in mind that you have until the visa expires to apply so you may want to delay the application to August or September 2021 if you have mail for months that better fit with those dates instead.

Those won’t be suitable to use for the kids’ documents as the letter from the GP must be dated no more than 3 months before the date you apply for FLR(M)... so if you apply in July they must be dated between April and July 2021.

But, if they are addressed to you, they could be used as part of your correspondence documents.

I will list them out tomorrow,  as I have already put them away. I  am not even sure what can be used but will put more details here.

I am not sure any of the mail we received from Natwest can be used as it says account summary and then list the period, whilst the online version says bank statements.

The kids NHS letters are specifically addressed to them, this is when they got registered. I will get the correspondence from the school or GP for them closer to the time.

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 11:49:54 PM »
I will list them out tomorrow,  as I have already put them away. I  am not even sure what can be used but will put more details here.

That’s fine :). I’m only still up because I’m working a night shift tonight :P.

I am not sure any of the mail we received from Natwest can be used as it says account summary and then list the period, whilst the online version says bank statements.

If they’re from the bank and you received them in the post, they can be used.

They do not have to be actual bank statements... the fact that they come from a bank is all that matters.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 11:55:17 PM »
That’s fine :). I’m only still up because I’m working a night shift tonight :P.

If they’re from the bank and you received them in the post, they can be used.

They do not have to be actual bank statements... the fact that they come from a bank is all that matters.

Oh okay I see. Will check the dates on these..the summary are all quarterly but I have a few before it went to online only.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 08:08:14 AM »
Feb 2019
SSE Joint Names
NI APPT-applicant
Council Tax-Joint
Renter Ins-Sponsor
Dr Appt-Sponsor
Pension-Sponsor
Hmrc-sponsor

Mar 2019
Car-Sponsor
School lettet- joint

May 2019
Natwest act details update- sponsor
School application- applicant

June 2019
NhS Appt-Applicant
NHS Registration-Applicant

July 2019
Nhs app-applicant
Insurance-sponsor
Debt statement-sponsor

Aug 2019
Tenancy Visit-Sponsor
Gp App-Applicant
Natwest Notification-Sponsor

September 2019
Letter from car company-sponsor
Nhs Info-applicant
Car lease update-sponsor
Vehicle recall letter-applicant
Natwest letter-applicant and sponsor individually

Nov 2019
Barclay's Letter-Applicant

Dec 2019
NHS SPONSOR

Jan 2020
Nhs applicant
Barclay's-applicant
Nhs applicant

Feb2020
Natwest Letter-Applicant and Sponsor Individually
Nhs applicant

March 2020
Council Tax- Joint

April 2020
Council Tax-Joint

June 2020
TV License -sponsor
Car letter-sponsor
Nhs applicant

Bank Summaries and Credit Card Statements

Aug2019-Apr 2020 and June 2020
Credit Card Statements applicant
I have one for each month

28 Feb 2019-5th March 2020
Natwest Summary-Joint (6 in total)

28thFeb2019-23Dec2019
Natwest Summary-Applicant (4 in total)

When do you think is the best time for me to apply with what I have above.

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 05:52:38 PM »
Okay, let's see.

The earliest you can apply is July 18th 2021. What date does your BRP expire? If it was issued mid-Jan 2019, I assume it expires mid-October 2021... which means you could apply in July, Aug, Sept or Oct 2021.

If you were to apply in July, you could use:

July 2019
1. Applicant: Nhs app
1. Sponsor: Insurance

November 2019
2. Applicant: Barclay's Letter
2. Sponsor: ?

March 2020
3. Joint:  Council Tax

July 2020
4. Applicant: ?
4. Sponsor: ?

And then you would need future documents from the following months:
November 2020
March 2021
July 2021

So, that doesn't look too bad at all, especially if you can get future documents for Nov 2020, and Mar and July 2021.

You might be able to get away with using the June 2020 documents instead of July 2020 - you would just need to explain the reason for that in a letter - and then you would only be missing 1 document (sponsor, Nov 2019).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab