Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45276 times)

• Liked: 27
Re: COVID
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2021, 10:14:51 AM »
In all sincerity, my thoughts at your updates were, 'how awesome is this person, despite everything going on, to let some people on the internet know that his son is getting better.'  Genuinely.  I APPRECIATE that you did and am so, so genuinely happy for you, your family and in particular your son, that things are improving.

This stranger in Liverpool is happy to buy you all a few rounds if you ever make it to this side of the country.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2021, 10:47:55 AM »
durhamlad, I echo all the sentiments above. Great news for Jeffrey and you and Mrs durhamlad and daughter!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »
So pleased he continues to improve!! We'd love to know when he is home, but taking care of yourself and the family always comes first. Definitely among the many who appreciate the updates. :) I hope his recovery after the hospital doesn't take too long, and that his employer is supportive as he heals.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »
Thanks again everyone.

Good phone call with him at 7am this morning.  Since then he is washed, shaved, and has seen the doctor who told him he is making REALLY good progress. It was the first time talking to him since he went in that he sounded normal, not out of breath or gasping.  No CPAP at all now, just oxygen through the nose cannula.  Hopefully it will only be a week or so before he is well enough to come home. He still can't get himself out of bed to sit in a chair yet.
He asked us to drop some other items so we drove over to his place, then to Sainsburys, hospital and onto the seaside a few miles away where we had a lovely walk along the seafront, coffee, then haddock and chips all while looking out over a glorious beach.  Brilliant morning.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
KFDancer, here you go (not for you, but Mom, obviously!)

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/04/13/986411423/a-mystery-under-study-how-why-and-when-covid-vaccines-arent-fully-protective?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3QdcAkqXKxAYu8oYjCzwrdvp88Gdb3Rjz4e_lmLDWwaVNkzm7iXNJgKOk
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2021, 07:18:05 PM »
Thanks again everyone.

Good phone call with him at 7am this morning.  Since then he is washed, shaved, and has seen the doctor who told him he is making REALLY good progress. It was the first time talking to him since he went in that he sounded normal, not out of breath or gasping.  No CPAP at all now, just oxygen through the nose cannula.  Hopefully it will only be a week or so before he is well enough to come home. He still can't get himself out of bed to sit in a chair yet.
He asked us to drop some other items so we drove over to his place, then to Sainsburys, hospital and onto the seaside a few miles away where we had a lovely walk along the seafront, coffee, then haddock and chips all while looking out over a glorious beach.  Brilliant morning.

Awesome! Life is good!  :)

• Liked: 239
« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »
I require daily updates that you very much  :D

Glad he’s continuing to improve
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 387
« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2021, 09:03:06 PM »
Glad to hear the continued good news!  There will most certainly still be periods of ups and downs, but I'm so happy that the overall direction has been up.  :)  Continued love from me and DH (who has also been cheering for Jeffrey from the onset).

• Liked: 718
« Reply #443 on: April 15, 2021, 09:10:03 PM »
He has been having protein shakes and the like for the last couple of days since they removed his feeding tube. He is keen to get onto “solid” food again.

Got a text from him this afternoon to say that the physio-terrorists came today instead of tomorrow. They had him marching in place and were pleased to see that his blood oxygen stayed high.  As we thought, they will be working towards having him climb stairs and even after he is released home the physiotherapy will continue. 

Here’s hoping his digestion improves, his pneumonia gets fixed and his physical strength increases enough to be released home soon. I suppose he will also have to test negative for Covid.  When we talked this morning he was telling us about some of the other folks in the ICU with him, and there was one person in an ICU side ward where the doctors and nurses donned an even higher level of PPE before entering the room. Maybe infected with a very infectious variant?
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #444 on: April 15, 2021, 09:24:09 PM »
Thanks for the update, and glad to hear he's still moving in a good direction.

Tell him to get used to the physio-terrorists.  ;)  They will stalk you by phone and Zoom and email and text.  They will make you come back to hospital for in-person assessments.  They will never let you go.

« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2021, 09:25:33 PM »
Never.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2021, 09:38:29 PM »
Never.

This follow-up "Never." made me laugh out loud.  Thanks for the giggle, Aquila.  I'm sorry you're still muddling through it all, but at least you have good care.  Maybe more care than you want, but at least you can't complain about inadequate care!  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »
He has been having protein shakes and the like for the last couple of days since they removed his feeding tube. He is keen to get onto “solid” food again.

Got a text from him this afternoon to say that the physio-terrorists came today instead of tomorrow. They had him marching in place and were pleased to see that his blood oxygen stayed high.  As we thought, they will be working towards having him climb stairs and even after he is released home the physiotherapy will continue. 

Here’s hoping his digestion improves, his pneumonia gets fixed and his physical strength increases enough to be released home soon. I suppose he will also have to test negative for Covid.

All excellent news! Really glad that he's getting so much  help, even if it's more than he might want at times!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2021, 08:33:59 AM »
Glad he's doing well durhamlad, sounds so much better now!

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear he's still moving in a good direction.

Tell him to get used to the physio-terrorists.  ;)  They will stalk you by phone and Zoom and email and text.  They will make you come back to hospital for in-person assessments.  They will never let you go.

That's actually so good to hear. I know so many people struggle with even getting physio in the first place, so that's awesome that they will chase you once you're in the system!   It's so important to people's recovery!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2021, 10:02:59 AM »
Gosh @durhamlad.  What a change a week can make!!  LAST week we could have NEVER imagined this weeks update would be a drill sergeant making him march! 

And Aquila made me giggle.  I’m so pleased Aquila and Jeffrey have that support, even if it is torture!

Sponsored Links