Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45287 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: COVID
« Reply #510 on: May 01, 2021, 08:30:13 PM »
I somehow managed to not get a chest cold for over a year, but today I am under the weather and coughing so ordered my first PCR test. Husband is fine so hoping its just a cold! Amazed I isolated so well that this is the first time I need a test. (I have the lateral flow tests that they asked everyone to get for asymptomatic testing, but it says clearly not to use them when you have symptoms.)

I have a chest cold and it's literally just that.  Fingers crossed!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #511 on: May 01, 2021, 09:06:31 PM »
I read today that colds are totally taking over at the moment again as lockdown eases
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »
Just got a call from the surgery. Someone is coming on Monday to give us our second vaccination. Yay!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #513 on: May 06, 2021, 12:43:18 PM »
Yay!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #514 on: May 06, 2021, 02:26:10 PM »
I somehow managed to not get a chest cold for over a year, but today I am under the weather and coughing so ordered my first PCR test. Husband is fine so hoping its just a cold! Amazed I isolated so well that this is the first time I need a test. (I have the lateral flow tests that they asked everyone to get for asymptomatic testing, but it says clearly not to use them when you have symptoms.)

How is it going?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #515 on: May 06, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
How is it going?
It was a really crappy weekend, but the test was negative and I feel a lot better now. I couldn't walk upstairs without getting winded and needing my inhaler, but hey... Life with a chronic illness and all. So if it was covid it was very mild and I am back to usual now.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2021, 04:10:17 PM »
Just got a call from the surgery. Someone is coming on Monday to give us our second vaccination. Yay!  ;D

Congratulations  :D
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2021, 04:11:42 PM »
It was a really crappy weekend, but the test was negative and I feel a lot better now. I couldn't walk upstairs without getting winded and needing my inhaler, but hey... Life with a chronic illness and all. So if it was covid it was very mild and I am back to usual now.

Thank goodness it wasn't Covid and that you feel much better now.

« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2021, 04:25:39 PM »
I have won the Covid REACT Study participation twice now  :)

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from Imperial College London saying that my name had been randomly selected from the NHS lists of GP patients and am invited to take part in a survey to see what percentage of the population has Covid antibodies in their bloodstream.  This is a finger prick blood test which I will do at home and see the results myself within 20 minutes as well as report the result to the survey team.

Today I got a letter from Imperial College London saying that my name had been randomly selected from the NHS lists of GP patients and am invited to take part in a survey to see who has Covid. This test will be a PCR swab test and I will do the swabs at home with a courier collecting them for testing in a laboratory. (I will be told what the result is). The purpose of this survey is to compare the levels of Covid among people who have been fully vaccinated, people who have  had one vaccination and people who have not yet been vaccinated.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/research-and-impact/groups/react-study/

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #519 on: May 06, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »
Whohoo! GP's surgery phoned and I'm getting my second shot. Thought I would need to wait until mid June.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #520 on: May 06, 2021, 05:19:18 PM »
Whohoo! GP's surgery phoned and I'm getting my second shot. Thought I would need to wait until mid June.

Awesome!!!  :D

« Reply #521 on: May 06, 2021, 05:20:20 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from Imperial College London saying that my name had been randomly selected from the NHS lists of GP patients and am invited to take part in a survey to see what percentage of the population has Covid antibodies in their bloodstream.  This is a finger prick blood test which I will do at home and see the results myself within 20 minutes as well as report the result to the survey team.

Today I got a letter from Imperial College London saying that my name had been randomly selected from the NHS lists of GP patients and am invited to take part in a survey to see who has Covid. This test will be a PCR swab test and I will do the swabs at home with a courier collecting them for testing in a laboratory. (I will be told what the result is). The purpose of this survey is to compare the levels of Covid among people who have been fully vaccinated, people who have  had one vaccination and people who have not yet been vaccinated.

How cool!  :D

« Reply #522 on: May 06, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »
Loving all the news!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »

That's awesome! I was actually allergic to the swab so I'm really hoping I don't need to do many more tests. My immune system has been on overdrive since the first vaccine shot, have needed way more antihistamines and other reaction modulating meds than before. But its also pollen allergy season so I think it was just bad timing for aggravating it with the vaccine.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #524 on: May 14, 2021, 03:28:32 AM »
They are vaccinating 12 year olds and up here now.  And as of today the CDC is saying that fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks, except in certain circumstances (like indoors in a very crowded setting). Not in restaurants, not in malls, not in schools, nada.

Fauci agrees.

I am not sure I'm good with it, but it all has to end sometime and it does appear that the beginning of the end of it all is now, here. I think I'm just going to keep wearing one in stores like Walmart, should I go in there, if it's at all crowded. Otherwise, I guess I'll just keep the mask in my purse now.  (Not sure what the local regulations are at present, so I may have no options if they are still mandated.)

Sponsored Links