Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45131 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: COVID
« Reply #570 on: December 14, 2021, 05:35:26 PM »
I've booked my booster, but the earliest date I could get was 4th January... so I still have to wait another 3 weeks.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
I've booked my booster, but the earliest date I could get was 4th January... so I still have to wait another 3 weeks.
  Surprised that you can't find a walk in appointment somewhere.  Our local hospital is doing walk ins and I've herd the wait is not too long. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #572 on: December 14, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »
Yeah, we did as much as we could in the first couple of weeks of December and I’m glad we did. Husband was boosted awhile ago, mine is booked for Sunday. Very few walk ins near us, told they are crazy, and keep running out of vaccines so I’m just going to wait until Sunday.   8)

We have Home Alone at the cinema Saturday….  Not sure if we will go or not.  We were going to book. Panto for Sunday but have decided best not to.

« Reply #573 on: December 14, 2021, 07:59:50 PM »
  Surprised that you can't find a walk in appointment somewhere.  Our local hospital is doing walk ins and I've herd the wait is not too long.
Actually, I just managed to book one near Bristol (instead of Lincoln) for Dec 21st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 718
« Reply #574 on: December 14, 2021, 08:04:25 PM »
It’s really tough again this year with Covid. One of my 2 sisters started on chemotherapy 3 weeks ago so we drove up to see her just before it starts. Even with our 3rd jab early November there is no way we will risk seeing her while she is undergoing treatment which will continue into the new year. We’ll meet up with my other sister outside on Christmas Eve. There have now been 7 cases of Covid where she works. She has had her booster and wears a mask at work and is really hoping to get through to Christmas without catching it again. She and her family caught it the Friday before Christmas last year and were all pretty sick but managed at home.

With our son we were lucky to have a week in London and a few days in York while he had 2 days holiday end of November. We will probably rent “No Time to Die” to watch together over Christmas. He is under 40 so I don’t know when he will manage to get his booster.  Since he was on a ventilator with it earlier this year and has had 2  shots since it may not be as urgent but he is still going into work so always has that risk.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 342
« Reply #575 on: December 15, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »
With our son we were lucky to have a week in London and a few days in York while he had 2 days holiday end of November. We will probably rent “No Time to Die” to watch together over Christmas. He is under 40 so I don’t know when he will manage to get his booster.  Since he was on a ventilator with it earlier this year and has had 2  shots since it may not be as urgent but he is still going into work so always has that risk.

Sorry to read your son had covid but glad to read he recovered.

Age 18 and over can book now. Or go to a walk-in vaccination centre.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2021, 07:47:00 PM »
I expect we will go to travel restrictions etc……..then lockdown. Met 4 American tourists today from LA, wtf are they thinking??
I belong to the Scottish Travel Society.  Tons of American tourists are over here now and have travel booked through now to next summer.

But come on,  tons of British citizens are travelling abroad now too.

It's not just Americans.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #577 on: December 15, 2021, 07:49:19 PM »
Lots of walk in appointments available in The Forth Valley. I received my booster at month 4 and I only had to wait 3 days for an open appointment that suited my schedule.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #578 on: December 16, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »
I belong to the Scottish Travel Society.  Tons of American tourists are over here now and have travel booked through now to next summer.

But come on,  tons of British citizens are travelling abroad now too.

It's not just Americans.

I wasn’t really referring to just Americans, but world travel in general. Even if it’s only a change in restrictions or a travel ban.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #579 on: December 18, 2021, 09:56:03 PM »
I wasn’t really referring to just Americans, but world travel in general. Even if it’s only a change in restrictions or a travel ban.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Must be why the cabinet members have all been travelling, they know what's coming and removed the red list just in time. *sigh*

Husband finally has his booster scheduled on Tuesday. I have immunology appointment to discuss my options Wednesday. Hoping the MRI/MRA and ultrasound the following week aren't cancelled.

And somehow I know people still planning on travelling to London from the states for NYE club nights. Madness.

« Reply #580 on: December 23, 2021, 10:59:28 AM »
Got my booster on Tuesday afternoon... Moderna this time (first 2 were AZ).

I did not have a good day yesterday though - woke up at 4am with a really sore arm, and when I went to take some paracetamol, I started feeling nauseous. Managed to get back to sleep until 7:30am, but when I woke again, I had a splitting headache and the nausea was back. Spent the entire day lying in bed with a pounding head and occasionally vomiting. Of course, it didn't help that I've had a cold for the last week (I took a PCR test on Monday to make sure it wasn't Covid), which probably made the booster side-effects worse.

Feeling a fair bit better today - the nausea has gone, but I still have a slight headache on one side of my head, and am feeling a bit dizzy/lightheaded... but I did manage to actually get out of bed, eat some toast, take a shower and get dressed, which is a vast improvement on yesterday.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #581 on: December 23, 2021, 11:05:23 AM »

I did not have a good day yesterday though - woke up at 4am with a really sore arm, and when I went to take some paracetamol, I started feeling nauseous. Managed to get back to sleep until 7:30am, but when I woke again, I had a splitting headache and the nausea was back. Spent the entire day lying in bed with a pounding head and occasionally vomiting. Of course, it didn't help that I've had a cold for the last week (I took a PCR test on Monday to make sure it wasn't Covid), which probably made the booster side-effects worse.

Feeling a fair bit better today - the nausea has gone, but I still have a slight headache on one side of my head, and am feeling a bit dizzy/lightheaded... but I did manage to actually get out of bed, eat some toast, take a shower and get dressed, which is a vast improvement on yesterday.

Hope you feel better soon!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #582 on: December 23, 2021, 11:17:49 AM »
Aww, sorry you feel rubbish!  However, Moderna after AZ is supposed to be ace, so hopefully well protected!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #583 on: December 23, 2021, 11:28:39 AM »
Oh so sorry to hear that ksand.

I had my booster on Sunday at 9am.  Felt a bit nauseated between 4 and 7, took some paracetemol and then was starving and fine by 8pm.  I think the vaccines even show how different covid can present in each individual.  At least it's done!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #584 on: December 23, 2021, 10:34:20 PM »

Oof that is rough. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. They've said I have to get Pfizer for the second based on reported side effects and the issues I had with the first two AZ. Husband got Pfizer yesterday and has only had a sore arm and teeny bit of muscle aches.

Sponsored Links