Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45193 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: COVID
« Reply #585 on: January 19, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »
My 7 year old tested positive last night.

As of yesterday morning, 25% of the student body had covid.  I wonder what today's stat will be.  Mine tested positive just before bed and two other classmates tested postive this morning.

Her symptoms:  Last night, she went quiet.  Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  She was quiet?  OMG, ALERT ALERT!!! 

She woke in the night because she thought she was going to throw up, but she didn't.  She woke up feeling good!  Long may it last.  No fever, doesn't seem to be tired.  So we shall see how we get on and how soon the three of us fall!  I'll keep you guys posted. 

Kind of glad to knock it out, if it's mild. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2022, 11:04:00 AM »
Aww, it's going rife. Hope it all stays mild for you all (or even better, don't get it)!!!!

My sister and her kids all just had the Delta variant. They all had Covid last year (Alpha variant) and she was vaccinated with Moderna and my 12 year old niece with Pfizer.  13 year old nephew and the 5 and 6 year old niece weren't vaccinated. Didn't matter, they all got it again and all just as awful as the first time around. My sister is really struggling still, but the kids all went back to school now.

2 years ago today, I just returned from China after a bit of a stressful and scary time trying to leave the mainland to Hong Kong as Covid movement restrictions were already coming into play there.  Didn't have a clue what was in store for us!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2022, 11:28:44 AM »
A friends whole family had it in December.  And her son just tested positive again.  They had Delta then and Omicron now.  I would have thought they would have had a bit of a break!   ::)

• Liked: 718
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2022, 12:17:03 PM »
This morning we were in a cafe catching up with a couple of friends we hadn't seen since before Christmas.  Their family had visited between Christmas and New Year and unknowingly brought Covid with them. Our lady friend said that after 3 of them got sick with Covid they tested the 7 year old granddaughter and she also had it but never showed any symptoms.  Fortunately none of them had it very bad and our friend's husband never got it which they find amazing since they continued sleeping in the bed even after she got sick.

Good luck everyone, I'm beginning to believe that most everyone is going to catch it at least once at some point. My sister has been back at work this week with no problems after catching it for the second time (she had a bad do with Covid over Christmas a year ago), and my brother in Queensland now has it along with a bunch of others at work.  Our son thought he might have it again and was off work last week but after several negative home tests he then had a PCR test which was negative and he is back to work as normal now.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 424
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »
Hopefully all is well and the rest of you don’t get it!
My brother in Denver has it, ended up in the hospital for a week. The entire time in the emergency ward, they had no more rooms or beds……people were on gurneys lining the hallway. Not something you see in the news….. I suspect he will be back in the hospital before long, he did NOT sound good.

« Reply #590 on: January 19, 2022, 04:53:56 PM »
My brother in Denver has it, ended up in the hospital for a week. The entire time in the emergency ward, they had no more rooms or beds……people were on gurneys lining the hallway. Not something you see in the news….. I suspect he will be back in the hospital before long, he did NOT sound good.

That sounds really bad, I hope he improves.

« Reply #591 on: January 19, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »
Durhamlad, I agree, it’s “when will we get it, not if”. And it’s not a one time thing anymore. But hopefully the variants will continue to be milder versions. We HAVE come so so so far in two years. We don’t need to fear it as much as we did then. Not trying to minimise anything, but I genuinely do believe there has to be a level of living with it.

And I say that as a mother who nearly lost her 1.5 year old to flu.  That would have killed me. And losing a loved one to Covid would kill me. But….  We have made progress. Huge leaps of progress.

My “when will I get it” ticket is about to be stamped, I suspect!   ::)

« Reply #592 on: January 19, 2022, 04:57:34 PM »

Oh Rick!  Keep us posted!!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #593 on: January 19, 2022, 04:58:08 PM »
Best wishes Rick
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #594 on: January 26, 2022, 11:06:23 AM »
Well so far my brother is still improving! Hopefully that’s the way it stays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #595 on: January 26, 2022, 11:50:53 AM »
Well so far my brother is still improving! Hopefully that’s the way it stays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent news, thanks for the update.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2022, 11:52:08 AM »
KFDancer, how's it going on your end?

Rick, so glad your brother is getting better!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2022, 02:26:22 PM »
Daughter is still positive, husband tested positive on Saturday, me and my son are still negative….  ::)

« Reply #598 on: January 26, 2022, 02:52:39 PM »
How are they feeling?? Not too bad I hope….

« Reply #599 on: January 26, 2022, 03:17:58 PM »
My daughter had a bad night last night, but that was the first time since the first night.  So, seems to ebb and flow even with young ones.

Husband is better today than yesterday but again, seems to come in waves. 

Overall, they are fine. 

Sponsored Links