Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 44724 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
Re: COVID
« Reply #600 on: January 26, 2022, 03:28:18 PM »
I hope you stay all good, but if hubby just got it, seems like it may take a wee while to pass around. Awww, hugs!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2022, 11:47:54 PM »
A friend had their entire family catch it at Xmas, one after the other so 18 days of isolation, and then their son just came down with it again yesterday.

People not at high risk of complications have had a very different 2 years than those who are. It is quite literally a 2 tier society now with the lifting of restrictions again. Husband wants to do things, but then I remember there's no longer a mask mandate and it's not safe without one.

Once they know how to treat long covid I'll feel much safer.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #602 on: January 27, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »
People not at high risk of complications have had a very different 2 years than those who are. It is quite literally a 2 tier society now with the lifting of restrictions again.

This! 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #603 on: January 27, 2022, 09:08:31 AM »
My morning…

That’s me. 4 year old still negative….

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #604 on: January 27, 2022, 09:08:59 AM »
Bugger! Hope you don't feel too awful!  :\\\'( :\\\'(
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #605 on: January 27, 2022, 09:11:40 AM »
Oh no, I hope the vaccine does it's job and you have mild symptoms.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #606 on: January 27, 2022, 09:12:32 AM »
I very much hope it's a mild dose KFD.  Take care of yourself!

« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2022, 11:08:17 AM »
Same as my husband where I was shocked it was positive.  I’d be taking more tests if I didn’t know it was in the house. 

So far everyone has been pretty okay.  The ebb and flow of feeling fine and then feeling tired has really been all that’s been seen with my husband and daughter.  But daughter still positive as of yesterday (which was Day 8).

I’ll be free on the 6th at the latest.  Who wants to bet my son is positive on the 4th or 5th?  ::)

• Liked: 716
« Reply #608 on: January 27, 2022, 11:38:21 AM »
All the best KFD, I hope the illnesses remain mild for you all.

Our daughter from California is hopefully coming to visit in 3 weeks but a positive test can easily wipe out these plans. We haven't seen her in 2 and a half years but her company is pressing ahead with business meetings in Barcelona in March so we have booked a holiday apartment the week before so we can all be together on holiday. (Our son has booked holiday from work to come with us).

The last 5 family holidays we have booked in England over this last 2 years have been quite stressful in the run-in, not knowing if we'll have to cancel or not. (We did have to cancel 3 of them either due to Covid restrictions or members of our family testing positive)
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2022, 12:08:52 PM »

Our daughter from California is hopefully coming to visit in 3 weeks but a positive test can easily wipe out these plans. We haven't seen her in 2 and a half years but her company is pressing ahead with business meetings in Barcelona in March so we have booked a holiday apartment the week before so we can all be together on holiday. (Our son has booked holiday from work to come with us).

The last 5 family holidays we have booked in England over this last 2 years have been quite stressful in the run-in, not knowing if we'll have to cancel or not. (We did have to cancel 3 of them either due to Covid restrictions or members of our family testing positive)

I'll have all my fingers crossed for you that it works out for you all!   :)

« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2022, 12:22:03 PM »

Oh, I hope it happens!  And we can all live vicariously through you.

If you haven’t been before, try to get tickets in advance for a “sunset” time at Gaudi’s catherdral.  Worth the cost just in case it all happens.

I’ve been twice and am desperate to go at sunset at some point!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #611 on: January 27, 2022, 02:52:15 PM »
People not at high risk of complications have had a very different 2 years than those who are. It is quite literally a 2 tier society now with the lifting of restrictions again. Husband wants to do things, but then I remember there's no longer a mask mandate and it's not safe without one.

This! 

Yup.

If you haven’t been before, try to get tickets in advance for a “sunset” time at Gaudi’s catherdral.  Worth the cost just in case it all happens.

I just Googled this to see why sunset matters, and it's beautiful!  Like a rainbow sno-cone inside!  I'm adding this to my list of places to visit if the pandemic ends for me.  Thanks!

I hope you all keep feeling good and the negative tests come quickly!  Keep an eye on your little boy... I've been particularly concerned for him, given his history.  I hope he stays negative, or just has the same really mild case the rest of you have had so far.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2022, 04:28:36 PM »
My morning…

That’s me. 4 year old still negative….

Oh KFdancer!!! Hopefully it’s all really mild and then gone again. Please let us know. If you need Gin, yes I would drive all that way!

« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »
Oh KFdancer!!! Hopefully it’s all really mild and then gone again. Please let us know. If you need Gin, yes I would drive all that way!

He would!  :)

• Liked: 716
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2022, 04:45:37 PM »
Oh, I hope it happens!  And we can all live vicariously through you.

Thanks for the tip. We’ve been once before but not heard about sunset time.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab