Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45178 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: COVID
« Reply #945 on: November 27, 2022, 11:08:02 PM »
I’m so sorry. That is so unprofessional and completely not acceptable.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #946 on: November 28, 2022, 07:56:34 AM »
Nan, I had a doctor like that in the US. I had really good medical insurance so he ordered everything under the sun.  I was young and naive. But I finally twigged about 10 months later and I promptly left him and his shoddy practise.

Masks are still everywhere in our NHS up here.  I don't see a single person without them in any hospital or GP surgery or dental surgery.   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #947 on: November 28, 2022, 07:57:34 AM »
Interesting to see all the protests in China.  It's been all about people control for too long.   
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 718
« Reply #948 on: November 28, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »
My wife’s hair stylist still wears a mask so my wife always wears one there as well. Last week she impressed by paying by phone with her mask still in place. (We recently got iPhones 13 which you can add a masked likeness to)

My sister here has just caught it for the 3rd time and my brother in Australia for the 2nd time. My sister reports a loss of taste and smell which didn’t happen the first 2 times.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 674
« Reply #949 on: November 28, 2022, 11:15:12 PM »
Interesting to see all the protests in China.  It's been all about people control for too long.

Yep. There's only so far people can be pushed. "Even if it's for their own good." Before all hell breaks loose. I cannot (ok, yes I can) imagine what would have gone down over here if they'd tried what they do in China. (Too many guns here for that.)  ::) 8)

« Reply #950 on: November 28, 2022, 11:18:55 PM »
My wife’s hair stylist still wears a mask so my wife always wears one there as well. Last week she impressed by paying by phone with her mask still in place. (We recently got iPhones 13 which you can add a masked likeness to)

My sister here has just caught it for the 3rd time and my brother in Australia for the 2nd time. My sister reports a loss of taste and smell which didn’t happen the first 2 times.

Oh, that's not good. The more times you are infected, the more damaged your immune system gets, apparently. And since Covid is also vascular disease causing organ, epithelial & endocrine system damage, the wreckage mounts up there, too.  I've got a cousin who has had it three times, is in his 80s, and I dread hearing he's got it again. The damage that is going on inside him, unseen, has just got to be dangerous as hell.   :(  He's kind of the last living relative in that generation, so I'm hoping he will at least try to take care of himself. But he's getting dangerously close to being "Mr. Florida Man."

And to quote some of the techies:

from a lab perspective, our Omicron cases have had D-Dimer levels off the charts....I'm talking so high that the instrument cannot report a result.  Previously, with Delta, we saw D-Dimers that required running in extended mode, but we were able to get results.  Not now... [ This is in the Holy Jeezus!!! range of test results.]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:26:16 PM by Nan D. »

« Reply #951 on: November 28, 2022, 11:20:15 PM »
Nan, I had a doctor like that in the US. I had really good medical insurance so he ordered everything under the sun.  I was young and naive. But I finally twigged about 10 months later and I promptly left him and his shoddy practise.

Masks are still everywhere in our NHS up here.  I don't see a single person without them in any hospital or GP surgery or dental surgery.

Yeah, I'd rat her out to the Medicare folks, but how to prove it's (all the tests and doctors) not necessary? So she'll just find someone else to make a buck off of when I go.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:15:11 AM by Nan D. »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #952 on: November 29, 2022, 07:48:16 AM »
Yep. There's only so far people can be pushed. "Even if it's for their own good." Before all hell breaks loose. I cannot (ok, yes I can) imagine what would have gone down over here if they'd tried what they do in China. (Too many guns here for that.)  ::) 8)

Not remotely 'for their own good' at this stage....  An 'ok' China vaccine, but not accepting the west's version (and won't accept it, because that would make it seem even worse), and then not even having a widespread vaccine program means that Covid will run rampant. Very poor economic growth and opportunity in China forecast and companies are leaving China for places where they can do business easier....  And well the rules themselves....  it's totalitarianism, oppression, censorship, control, etc.  I have many colleagues in China, and it's been a very difficult time since 2020 and getting much worse, not better.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #953 on: November 30, 2022, 03:18:13 AM »
Not remotely 'for their own good' at this stage....  An 'ok' China vaccine, but not accepting the west's version (and won't accept it, because that would make it seem even worse), and then not even having a widespread vaccine program means that Covid will run rampant. Very poor economic growth and opportunity in China forecast and companies are leaving China for places where they can do business easier....  And well the rules themselves....  it's totalitarianism, oppression, censorship, control, etc.  I have many colleagues in China, and it's been a very difficult time since 2020 and getting much worse, not better.

Speaking in broader terms. China is in the toilet and will be for some time. Other countries, if a lockdown as strict as what China does were implemented, wouldn't stand for it for long. China's not the only place there's been riots over Covid protocols. It'd be the same in the UK (and probably worse in the USA) if all that was implemented for a long period of time. People can't mentally handle it. (Nevermind economically!) There's a breaking point in every culture.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #954 on: December 16, 2022, 09:05:26 AM »
Covid starting to rip through China now!  :\\\'(
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #955 on: December 16, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
God help 'em.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #956 on: December 23, 2022, 08:37:33 AM »
It's a total mess with Covid in China. Everyone is getting it, very quickly. 70% of the population seem to have gotten in the last few weeks.  My coworker, her 1 year old baby spiked a fever of 42C! YIKES. Had to go to hospital with him whilst feeling crap with a 40C fever herself.  A few weeks until Chinese New Year , maybe this peak will go before then. 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #957 on: December 23, 2022, 08:39:26 AM »
Very sad.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #958 on: December 23, 2022, 10:49:19 AM »
Very sad.

Really sad. I just hope the fatality rate is not as bad with this wave.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #959 on: December 23, 2022, 10:49:57 AM »
China's lying about the about the death rate...  But that's nothing new
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab