Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question about visa application absence details.  (Read 270 times)

• Liked: 0
Question about visa application absence details.
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:52:39 PM »
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. Thanks for taking the time to look at my queries.

I'm in the process of filling in my FLR (M) visa and filling in information of the times I have been out of the country. In my visa application, I have put that I started living in the UK Sept. 2016 when I entered on a Tier 4 student visa. I switched to a spousal visa in April 2018.  Do I need to include the times I was out of the country prior to my current spousal visa?

Also, the past couple of times I've returned to the UK, I have gone through the electronic passport control. This means I don't have stamps of re-entry in my passport. I have the stamps of entry for the countries I visited on these trips, although the one for Fuerteventura is barely legible (looks like the stamp had barely any ink on it). Will this be a problem for my visa application?

Thanks everyone for all your help!  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:54:52 PM by ellen807 »

• Liked: 3597
Re: Question about visa application absence details.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. Thanks for taking the time to look at my queries.

I'm in the process of filling in my FLR (M) visa and filling in information of the times I have been out of the country. In my visa application, I have put that I started living in the UK Sept. 2016 when I entered on a Tier 4 student visa. I switched to a spousal visa in April 2018.  Do I need to include the times I was out of the country prior to my current spousal visa?

What does the question ask for?

Does it ask for absences since your last visa was issued, or since you moved to the UK?

Also, the past couple of times I've returned to the UK, I have gone through the electronic passport control. This means I don't have stamps of re-entry in my passport. I have the stamps of entry for the countries I visited on these trips, although the one for Fuerteventura is barely legible (looks like the stamp had barely any ink on it). Will this be a problem for my visa application?

It doesn't matter if you don't have stamps for re-entry... since they don't issue stamps for US passport holders anymore. If they need to check it, they can look up your travel history electronically, but it's unlikely your trips abroad will even be relevant to the application decision anyway.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »
What does the question ask for?

Does it ask for absences since your last visa was issued, or since you moved to the UK?

The Application asks "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? " and I put the start of my Tier 4 visa as for when I started living here.

Thanks for your help!

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
The Application asks "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? " and I put the start of my Tier 4 visa as for when I started living here.

Thanks for your help!

There you go, there's your answer: you list all absences since arriving on your Tier 4 visa :).

Sponsored Links