Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Financial Requirement Questions  (Read 264 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) Financial Requirement Questions
« on: October 08, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
 Hi all,

I am a UK spousal visa sponsor looking to document meeting the financial requirement. I am in a salaried position, with the same employer for years, earning consistently above the income threshold, but my pay amounts have changed a few times.

- I was paid roughly 3k (gross) in March 2020 (my previous salary amount);
- I was paid 3.1k in April 2020 following a promotion within the same organisation;
- I was paid 3.2k from May 2020 on following an organisation-wide inflation pay rise.

I have a few questions:
1)   If submitting the visa application on 20 October 2020, can I use the April – September payslips, or do I need to include March aswell?
2)   If I do need to include the March payslip, what do I need to include in the employers letter to let them know about the differences in salaries?
3)   What salary should I enter on the application form – the lowest (£36k p.a.) or my current salary (£38k p.a.)?
4)   Finally, all salary amounts mentioned in letters, etc should be gross?

Thanks very much for your help!

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) Financial Requirement Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 03:35:48 PM »
- I was paid roughly 3k (gross) in March 2020 (my previous salary amount);
- I was paid 3.1k in April 2020 following a promotion within the same organisation;
- I was paid 3.2k from May 2020 on following an organisation-wide inflation pay rise.

I have a few questions:
1)   If submitting the visa application on 20 October 2020, can I use the April – September payslips, or do I need to include March aswell?

You would likely need to include March payslip and bank statement as well, in order to make sure that you cover every single day of the 6 months.

For example, if your September payslip is dated September 30th, then the 6 months you have to cover will be March 31st to September 30th, which means that your first payslip must explicitly cover the day of March 31st.

The April payslip will not cover any of March, so you will need the March payslip and bank statement as well.

2)   If I do need to include the March payslip, what do I need to include in the employers letter to let them know about the differences in salaries?

As you have had 3 salaries in the last 6 months, all 3 of them will need to be confirmed. Only the lowest salary earned during the 6 months can be considered for the visa, so this one needs to be stated as well.

The employer letter will need to confirm the following:
- current salary and date you started earning it (May 2020)
- previous salary and date you started earning it (April)
- salary before that (March) and date you started earning it.

3)   What salary should I enter on the application form – the lowest (£36k p.a.) or my current salary (£38k p.a.)?

Put your current salary (£38k p.a.) as this is what they will use to confirm your future income.

But when they calculate your income from the last 6 months, they will take the lowest payslip you have provided and multiply it by 12 to get the total previous income that can count.

4)   Finally, all salary amounts mentioned in letters, etc should be gross?

Yes. Everything is calculated before tax.

• Liked: 0
Re: FLR(M) Financial Requirement Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
Thank you very much ksand24, that helps a lot! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab