Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Minimum income and Covid -ILR  (Read 1848 times)

• Liked: 2
Minimum income and Covid -ILR
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
I’m wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this.
We had an income of zero for April and May after my husband lost his job due to Covid. In June my husband got a job first through an agency, then was put on contract there . He’s been trained for a higher position but it hasn’t happened yet as they are unsure if he’s getting that one or a managerial position.  Work is hesitant to write a letter potentially promising a promotion since they’re still debating who is going where.  As it stands he’s made less than the minimum since the 1st of April, but over the course of the year it did add up to more than 18,600, he’s just shy of that now under his current contract so I’m fearful they’ll say we aren’t making enough.  I’ve done my best to summarise it in a letter for them to help but wondering if others have had this issue and been approved. I’m concerned that it’s subjective and I will be denied.  I had a business but shut it before Covid due to my own health issues so I’ve no consistent income to add.  Thanks :)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Minimum income and Covid -ILR
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »
EDIT:  I am not familiar with the accommodations UKVI are making for income right now.  But providing these date details and income information will probably help someone else who wants to help you sort it out.

What I'd written, based on the pre-Pandemic requirements:
I think you said in another thread that you're at 5 years in February 2021, yes?  What date?  When does your current visa end?  You can apply any time from 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of entering the UK until the expiry of your current visa.

Will he have made £18,600 in any 12 months window that ends in that date range?  And if he gets the promotion, when do you expect it to come through, and will his income on the date you apply work out to an annual salary of at least £18,600 going forward?  This could work out.

Also, is there any chance of you getting some kind of employment or income to supplement?  Do you have any savings?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:46:32 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
Re: Minimum income and Covid -ILR
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 01:58:07 PM »
This is the current pandemic guidance on income:

Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 1 January 2021, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income, provided the minimum income requirement was met for at least 6 months immediately before the date the income was lost.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 1 January 2021 will usually be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.

From: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab