Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Furlough  (Read 963 times)

• Liked: 13
Furlough
« on: October 20, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »
Is anybody else here still on furlough? I work in travel and have been furloughed since whenever it started (it’s been so long). It’s been a lonely experience and I don’t know anybody else who has been furloughed outside of my company (my husband works for the NHS, so he’s been at work all day).

I’ll be going on the support scheme that begins 1 November, and my manager basically said I won’t be working until the new year (my “work” days are being taken as “holiday”).

As someone in the travel industry, I’ve felt pretty scared during this pandemic due to job insecurity, and nobody I know seems to really understand how it feels. I’ve had friends bluntly ask me, “So, do you have a job still?” And it’s just not a nice feeling. I’ve got ILR coming up in February and I’ll qualify without any issues, and that in the back of my mind has me worried as well. I’ve also had people tell me I should assume I won’t get it and have to go back to America. This year has been really awful.

Anyone else out there?

• Liked: 957
Re: Furlough
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
My company just made everyone redundant instead of using furlough, so I've been unemployed since March. It's very lonely, I'm broke, and have no idea what the future holds. It's an uneasy time for everyone not in "stable work". :(

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
I was on full Furlough for April/May and half of June. I'm on Flexible furlough now, where I work 3 days and have Furlough two days. I need to ask what's happening after this month because NO ONE has said anything. I'm really stressed right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 06:48:02 PM »
Big hugs!

Your ILR is not at alllllll at risk.  And you won’t be sent back.  Whoever told you that can f-off.

The travel industry will bounce BIG TIME when this is over.  Everyone I know is itching for a holiday.  But I can’t imagine how isolating it must be.

I know it doesn’t help, but even though we’re employed and home all day working from home, we both still feel very isolated.  I sooooooooooo miss the office!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 01:56:35 PM »
I'm so very sorry for all struggling. It's horrible times.  :\\\'(
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links